Thread: Help: DAC Vs. RR_RC

Ceasar Gubius's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Help: DAC Vs. RR_RC

Hey guys, I need a bit of help. I downloaded DAC 3.5 for myself and some of my buddies to play hotseat on. They weren't too impressed with the current version out, and suggested that we wait for the finished version. So I unistalled and reinstalled TATW. But I noticed, that the names and titles from DAC are still in the vanilla version. I.E. Silvan Elves are the Woodland realm an so forth. I can't seem to change that no matter how many times I unistall and reinstall the TATW game...

But to make matters worse the latest version of RR_RC will not work on a vanilla TATW anymore (When it used to just fine). It cuts out on load-up. I thought that it could be that I am running Vista, but the more I look at it, the more it makes sense that it may have to do with that DAC bug I can't get rid of. So the final question...

1. Are the two problems related?

2. How do I kill that last DAC bug?

+ Rep for any help, Thanks in advance

BTW, This is not meant to lift one mod over the other (I really enjoy both ).
    RTR RULES!!!!

Default Re: Help: DAC Vs. RR_RC

You must delete TATW folder after uninstall as all custom files (like from submods) will remain there. Also don't forget installing patch 1.1, but I am sure you are doing it. After that it should work fine with or without RR/RC.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Very strange, did you remove the Third_age modfolder,
    installed part 1, part 2, and patch 1.1 and the mod is still there?

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Are you perhaps using Vista?

If so, go to users, click your name, now add AppData in the location box, go to local, click Virtualstore, click Program files, and delete the folder called SEGA. This should work, and if you're not using Vista....

I have really no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    You must delete TATW folder after uninstall as all custom files (like from submods) will remain there. Also don't forget installing patch 1.1, but I am sure you are doing it. After that it should work fine with or without RR/RC.
    Did that, but thanks though

Quote Originally Posted by JuL14n View Post
    Very strange, did you remove the Third_age modfolder,
    installed part 1, part 2, and patch 1.1 and the mod is still there?
    Yep, I manualy unistalled and reinstalled it. And it is still showing up. For a while I've been believing the computer is damned, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Are you perhaps using Vista?

If so, go to users, click your name, now add AppData in the location box, go to local, click Virtualstore, click Program files, and delete the folder called SEGA. This should work, and if you're not using Vista....

I have really no idea...
    Now that may be it, I am running Vista! I'll have to give it a try tommorow when I have freetime. I've tried almost every concievable idea thinkable , so trying this can't hurt. Thanks
    RTR RULES!!!!

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Note that you must type AppData, it is not in the list.

Bah with vista i found the best way to work with mods and submods is to actually turn off user account control !!!!! then reinstall the whole game that way it installs it the same as xp no hidden files any more no appdata sega virtual store bull LOL

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    Bah with vista i found the best way to work with mods and submods is to actually turn off user account control !!!!! then reinstall the whole game that way it installs it the same as xp no hidden files any more no appdata sega virtual store bull LOL
    You're right!
    If you have anti-virus and anti-spyware sofware you don't really need UAC anyway.

Thanks for the help guys, el cid was right, and now I have a working version of RR_RC !!!
    RTR RULES!!!!

servium's Avatar Foederatus

i know i am a search noob, but i really cant find the RR/RC mod.
    please post a link

it's right here on the first page: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=259833