Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hornblower Mod V1.4 Full: Complete Naval Conversion. (And Naval Bodyguard), STATS, TEXTURES AND MORE [[[ Compatible With ETW 1.4 Patch ]]] Updated: 27/09/09

Default Re: Hornblower Mod V1.4 Full: Complete Naval Conversion. (And Naval Bodyguard), STATS, TEXTURES AND MORE [[[ Compatible With ETW 1.4 Patch ]]] Updated: 27/09/09

UPDATE!

Here is the new Late Crew patch with a new Skin.

Hope you all Like it.

Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; October 02, 2009 at 09:12 AM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

Default Re: Hornblower Mod V1.4 Full: Complete Naval Conversion. (And Naval Bodyguard), STATS, TEXTURES AND MORE [[[ Compatible With ETW 1.4 Patch ]]] Updated: 27/09/09

Hello Rsty top notch work going on here keep it up

But is it maybe possible to release just the ship textures ? this would add alot of realisim to the other mods.

I was going to be redoing some of the spanish textures, to the yellow that they should be, but ETW does not allow you to have the diversity of "top half yellow bottom half black" i am afraid. It only does it by Deck level. which means that some of the correct spanish texturing is out. Unless I try for completely yellow.

Currently what little time I have is being used to make new skins for the French and the Spanish marines, both early and late. These will not be completed for some time.
    Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; October 02, 2009 at 11:44 AM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

For getting the spanish in just yellow an black, it should be enough to just change the model to xxx_01 as the british have. They used nearly the same colors.

Getting half yellow and half black ships should be possible, as the textures have the hight for a 4 deck model (4deck120) and just use the parts they need for the different models, i just didn't do it. It would need more textures, as you would need different textures for the different shipmodels of ETW implemented in the models (different hight of black and white, so it shows up on ships with less than 4 decks correct). I thought about altering the model-files to have the possibility to use different textures for each model, but it would have blown up the size of my mod, where i originally made those models, Rusty uses, for.

Implement the hull colours into other Mods is tricky. the only running version is the Sealords-Minimod, but it is limited to those shipmodels, that are already in the vanilla game. This means, that while i.e. 4deck120, 3deck100 and 1deck32 have four models availible (one general and extras for france, russia and spain), other like 3deck80, sloop and brig only have one model. So you can't have one colourscheme for each of the big fleets as the single models are used for all fleets.

All other implementations need to change the model-links in the unit_stats_naval and most likely add new ship-units to use new new coloured models. Here you will most likely run into problems with all mods, which make any changes to naval-units. The other mod will overwrite the model entries in the unit_stats and will have no effect on new naval-units, so you have different stats for some ships. If you install a colour-mod after another mod, the colour-mod will overwrite the shipstats of the other, but only for those, who are included in the colour-mod, so you might once again end up having ships with totally different stats.

So if you like to have more colour at sea, but use DM or another mod changing ship-stats, you will have to go with the SL-Minimod and accept it's limitations.
    Here is a link for DL:http://rapidshare.com/files/250767019/sl_GCDM_1.0.rar
    Bladerunner
    Koeniglich Preussische Marine
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

Sealords Minimod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=274322
    Sealords Total War Mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=246265

Yes I do know of how to change the values from one type to another, I was intending to use components to change the ships as I had already mentioned. As you would be aware though as you designed the colour schemes that the British colours are incorrect and the colour schemes are different. I was intending to use the values that had been set up for the netherlands and changing them to the correct textures and 'half and half' values.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

When it says it is a complete conversion and in my game the ships have vanilla turn rates, is it from the mod or I didn't install it properly ?

I know there was one value that changed itself back to default. It must have been the turn rates.

I thought the 5th rates were a little fast in turning.

I'll change them and release them in a patch.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Great !

With the models from my slmodel.pack, that you use, Half/Half-Texture will be a little tricky. As i said, the textures are designed on base of a 4deck120 - not just mine, also the original ETW txtures.

You will be able to creat a texture Half yellow (or what ever colour you prefer) and half black, but you will only be able to use it on ships with the same number of decks. So if you make it correct for the 4 deck120, it will look most likely wrong on a 2deck74. If you just want to use it on one Model, than you should be fine. This happens, because i put the same textures name in all models of one set. So Models with xx_01 always use the texture _01. you have 01-10 availible, so you are actually maxed to 10 different textures (+the original), if you don't want to do the hex-editing for yourself. This is independent from how and where you use them.

I'm not completly sure, what you mean with british colour scheme is wrong. Do you mean the stripes himself have the wrong size or just the colours? I might be wrong, but as far as i am informed, the colour-schemes are not fixed in the late 18th and early 19th century. It was most of all to the personal taste of the captain. Vicotry himself started with a half yellow - half black painting and just got the so called Nelson Checkers later. So right or wrong would be hard to tell, mayby more or less common...

For the colours, it is hard to tell which tone is right. some resources speak of yellow, others of an occre. Additionally those colours were far from what we have today - the fade out quite fast, so that even if they used a yellow it might have looked more like occre after a few month. that's why my mod will return with an occre instead of yellow for the RN and the Spanish Navy (stripes are used by the SN also).

If we talk about colours, it is also a question to what time you refer and even at the same time the informations you can find differ a lot. So somewhere i read about french ships stayed mostly unpainted, Pictures of trafalgar show french ships often in red/black and other times you see them in white/black or white/maroon. So which one it right? It sure is also a matter of timeperiode. This is true for all nations.
    Bladerunner
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Hornblower Mod V1.2: NEW SHIPS, STATS, NAVAL TEXTURES AND MORE Updated: 30/06/09

Quote Originally Posted by Rsty Bloodnok View Post
    The AUM mod must include values of all ships in the naval_units.pack

if you have the darthmod pack or any similar, delete the naval_units .pack of theirs and leave the Hornblower, although for the AUM you may have to delete all other ships apart from the new ones given, (otherwise it will cause a CTD)
    Could you tell me where these files are and how you change them? I don't have a clue how to do it and would love Darthmod, AUM and Hornblower running side by side

Oh, and how do I get the names to show up? I only got one file in the zip
    Last edited by Tango12345; October 03, 2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: missed out something-that I have DM, AUM and Hornblower

You are very true Bladerunner. It did vary per ship and was ultimately up to the captain. No the British were correct in the colour and perfect too I might add, I was meaning to change the colour of the United provences to a slightly darker yellow and use that texture on one of the models for the Spanish, most likely the 3rd Rate, with the Yellow and Black half and half for the Admirals flagship.
    All I have been trying to do is add a bit of variation to the nations that I have already included and I thank you for the support.

Good luck for the future as well!

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Tired of TWC Arrogance

I'd like to use this mod but it seems to force the use of the white missile trails which I prefer to remove. Can you advise how to surn them off (I have tried via other sub mods but this feature of Hornblower seems to override them even if thay are later in the load order). Thanks.

Damn Righto, Will remove all of the values. I did that to mine anyway after I realised it left the musket rounds in.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

@ Rsty, I am unable to DL this mod as my connection drops in and out constantly, so i was wondering if youy could post a link for a torrent, or a pausable/resumable download plz!!

SPQR

god damnit is it please possible to put this download on a better site??? the number of times if got within a few mb before the connection drops out is killing me!!

How did you edit the rigid_naval_model and rigid_model_animation files. I'm making my own ships at the moment but I haven't been able to complete them because of these files.

What do you mean with "making my own ships"? Do you make your own Shipmodels? Is there a Model-Converter availible yet?

For the changes in the Model-Files of the existing ships, i doubt Rusty can answer this in detail - Read the whole thread and you will know what i mean
    Bladerunner
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

I can't find the link to download the second pack file with the .loc file in it. Can someoneplease help me.
    Also, all I want to know is how you changed the textures of the ships.

Rusty used my model-files and db-tables (i made for my Sealords-Mod) to be able to assign new Textures to ships. Same ist true for Kunfuserge's Pirate-Mod and Swiss's AUM, so actually i'm the only one who did this up to now.

You can try to do it by your own, but you will have to Edit the texture names in the Model-files with a Hex-Editor or just change the Standart-Texture of ETW, but that will affect all ships the same. If you make new Models with new Textures, you will also need to change the Warscape Naval Lod and the Model Naval Tables to have ETW accept the new Models. As those tables are not supportet by the DBE or PFM, you will also have to do it by Hex-Editing them.

Godd luck, took me some hours to get working files, as there are many things you can make mistakes and typos.
    Bladerunner
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

you've done a great mod but I think that the white texture for the french ship is wrong for the 18th century (right for the 19th)...
    in the 18th the french ship had a clear wood texture...like in napoleon total war ... but great mod anyway...