Thread: Terrorism today, Arabic or otherwise

Default Terrorism today, Arabic or otherwise

EDIT: Split from 'stupid things politicians say'

As for the american feeling against Arabs- wow. I mean come on, sure, we're throwing them in prisons left and right, or we're busting up their houses/windows. Don't even start that argument. Just because we have declared war on 2 arab countries in that past 6 years does not mean we (or Bush) dislikes them. In fact, name me 10 non arab terror groups? If i put in arabic terrorist groups in google I get www.terrorism.com

or this
    http://www.psepc-sppcc.gc.ca/nationa...Entities_e.asp
    where there are 38 listed Arab terror groups...

It has nothing to do with the Arabs. The fact is that the world (yes the world) and the UN screwed the pooch in the middle east a long time ago. The middle east hasn't been known for its modern developments. Islamic fundamentalism is rampant throughout the Mid-east (some parts of Africa, etc). The point is that many of these countries have internal problems that are giving rise to terrorist factions. If Afghanistan had Britain's economy or gov't, do you think we'd be in there because of terrorism? No, because terrorism would not exist. The governments over there lack the capabilities to fight terrorism, or they promote it. That's why the Middle-east is being targeted. I know there are other areas, but right now, the ME is a hot spot for terrorism. I'm not denying that terror groups exist outside of the ME, but a lot of groups exist, flourish, and breed in that kind of environment.

EDIT: Yes i know before I get flames, the ANC (African National Congress) is on that terror list at www.terrorism.com

The ANC did some weird stuff...so don't even try to defend it.

And btw, go here http://www.terrorism.com/modules.php...ups&file=index

that shows you all the ACTIVE groups in case you're wondering.
    Last edited by Profler; June 09, 2005 at 01:26 PM.

Speaking of dumb things ...

Quote Originally Posted by KDAWG650
    n fact, name me 10 non arab terror groups?
    The same poster then goes on to link to www.terrorism.com, which lists several hundred non-Arab (and non-muslim) terror groups.

Duh!

Name you ten? Here you are:

Alex Boncayao Brigade (ABB)
    All Tripura Tiger Forces
    American Independence Group
    Army for the Liberation of Rwanda (ALIR)
    Aryan Nations
    Aryan Republican Army
    Aum Shinrikyo
    Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)
    Cinchoneros Popular Liberation Movement (MPL)
    Cambodian Freedom Fighters (CFF)

And that was without going past 'C' on your own link's list.

So what if I gave you ammo? At least you worked for your answers. Besides, the threats of those ("Arab") orignizations is far greater. I knew that terrorism.com would have that stuff on it so what. It's a source...so I used it.

Could you have named ten other wise? Yes, it was a stupid "mistake".

But if you're going to quote someone...don't cut off the letters
    n fact<----
    Look at the A's alone...there's so many more Arab terror groups, the point was that they are fewer non-Arab terror groups. Just by going through A, B, and (a little of) C, you saw how many arab/muslim groups there are- that's what I was getting at.

Besides, last time I checked, none of these:

Alex Boncayao Brigade (ABB)
    All Tripura Tiger Forces
    American Independence Group
    Army for the Liberation of Rwanda (ALIR)
    Aryan Nations
    Aryan Republican Army
    Aum Shinrikyo
    Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)
    Cinchoneros Popular Liberation Movement (MPL)
    Cambodian Freedom Fighters (CFF)

Destroyed the WTC. Doesn't it make sense to go after those who strike you first before you take out the ones that aren't bothering you at the moment????

EDIT: Hey, ThiudareiksGunthigg, btw could you list for me...oh, 200 of those "Several Hundred" non-arab/muslim groups? Seeing as how you didn't even finish the C's and came up with 10.

KEEP IN MIND -----> we're only dealing with ACTIVE cells/groups here! And no, I didn't register yet, so I can not see the "FULL" list.

Double Post Edit: Btw I counted up to 48 terror groups between the beginning of A to the end of C. Those were only names that had an "arabic-look/name" to them. There were 2-4 that looked "Arabic", but I wasn't sure, so i'll say 44-46 islamic/arab terror groups.
    Last edited by Profler; June 09, 2005 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KDAWG650
    So what if I gave you ammo? At least you worked for your answers. Besides, the threats of those ("Arab") orignizations is far greater.
    Then say that.

I knew that terrorism.com would have that stuff on it so what. It's a source...so I used it.
    After challenging your readers to name ten 'non-Arab terror groups', as though that would be difficult.

Could you have named ten other wise?
    Easily. Here are ten active, non-Arab terror groups off the top of my head:

IRA
    PIRA
    UVF
    PKK
    Shining Path
    The Lord's Resistance Army
    THe Tamil Tigers
    FARC
    The Army for the Liberation of Rwanda
    CPP

Using your own source for the purpose made my point about how dumb your 'challenge' was more clearly, however.

Yes, it was a stupid "mistake".
    My point precisely.

But if you're going to quote someone...don't cut off the letters
    n fact<----
    This is simply sad.

Look at the A's alone...there's so many more Arab terror groups, the point was that they are fewer non-Arab terror groups. Just by going through A, B, and (a little of) C, you saw how many arab/muslim groups there are- that's what I was getting at.
    That was pretty clear. My point was about how dumb your 'challenge' was.

Besides, last time I checked, none of these ... Destroyed the WTC.
    My point was about how dumb your 'challenge' was. See the title of this thread.

I admit that giving the challenge was completely retarded when I also gave the means to complete the challenge with means. Don't get personal about it. It appears that you're the only person so far that seems to have a problem with this....

Yea, it is "simply sad" that I nitpicked over that. But it's also "simply sad" that you haven't said anything about my other points. Seeing as how this is a thread about "dumb things that conservatives say", maybe you should try pointing out other things, rather than pick on an idea until you beat it to death with a stick. See the title of this thread.

EDIT: There is still reason to bear arms. People still hunt. A lot of families in the Northwest and other parts of the US survive the winter because they hunt. If it wasn't for that, there would be more people lining up at food banks. Trust me I know, I lived in Montana. Several people there simply could not financially survive the winter because of heating and food expenses (there are other reasons as well), unless there was hunting. Yes I know you're probably thinking that if they can afford a gun, then they can afford food during the winter. There is always borrowing from a friend/family member, hand me downs, etc.
    Last edited by KDAWG650; June 08, 2005 at 02:59 PM.