Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I am not sure how to do it, but I know a few modders who know how. Have you checked the other tutorials that's linked in the OP?
    Yes, there's no mention I've seen of the economic activity, just editing the diplomacy so there's a trade agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    If I am not mistaken, I think you need to do a hybrid.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...tartpos-esf#ae
    I do not think hybrid has anything to do with moving a city. I think it may need editing of the region.esf

Tengo otra pregunta, ¿cómo le va a una fracción más agresiva y expansionista?

I have another question, how do you do to a more aggressive and expansionist fraction?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; August 27, 2020 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Posts merged for clarity

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    How to establish Patron _ Protectorate relations

Download and extract the attached file. You can find 2 folders containing patron.eaf and protectorate.esf for ETW and NTW. Suppose that you want to make Britain a patron faction and Portugal it's protectorate:

1. Open startpos.esf, go in [...]\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION\ find Britain and Portugal and write down their Id's (1st line).

2. In the same instance of EsfEditor open patron.esf and protectorate.esf.

3. Go in FACTION Britain and get further in [...]\FACTION\ DIPLOMACY_MANAGER\DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIPS_ARRAY\ and find DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIP of Portugal checking the faction Id (step 1) in first line as you can see in the image below.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

4. Go in patron.esf, right click on DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIP, copy and then right click in Britain's DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIPS_ARRAY and paste. Now you have 2 DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIP the old one (black) and the copied one (green). Right click on the old one and delete. Your changes so far should look the image above.

5. Go in the copied DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIP (green) and enter in first line the Portugal faction Id (step 1).

6. Repeat steps 3-6 but this time in Portugal faction and find Britain's DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIP. Here you'll copy DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIP from protectorate.esf (step 2).

7. Last thing, go in FACTION Portugal (the protectorate in this case) and enter Britain Id (it's patron) in the line you see red circled in the image below. Save your startpos.esf, you've done it!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The above image is from Napoleon. In Empire the former 2 lines do not exist. Just enter Id under special ability. Few more words about this change. This is the default patron-protectorate relation, where (among other restrictions) protectorate cannot have diplomacy relations with other countries (e.g. cannot declare war). I've discovered that if you do all changes but not step 7 (leave it blank), protectorate is free to apply relations with other factions. This is very useful if you want your protectorate to be playable otherwise it is not.

Hey !
    Is someone still able to explain me if and how this still work in 2022
    I can't find the two said "attached files" or the number related to patron-protectorate relation for Napoleon Total War

Hi! I'm trying to give Britain Bengal, in the spirit of Minor Factions Revenge. However in order to do this, I have to add Britain a new governorship. It seems to me it's working if I don't mess with CAI records. However, the region of Bengal is then covered in fog of war and the AI keeps building and recruiting in the province. And if I mess with CAI records, the game crashes to desktop after you finish 1st turn somewhere around Netherland's turn. Is there probably some updated tutorial on that? How did Minor Factions Revenge team manged to do it?

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (updated 05/09/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    Here it is.

It contains most commonly known descriptions, and some extra stuff in faction array mainly. Diplomacy and Army Manager as seen in previous posts.

And edited above post to a more sober appearance.
    one of the 0's in the unit block is propably the units experience, but I have not tested that yet.

and while i am at typing here, Vicar has made a tutorial to enable unique regiment names. The key is also the Startpos.esf, maybe a link here wouldn't harm

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=295716

Since the list of modification tutorials is so large, would it not be wise to start with a table of contents?
    Does anyone still have this descrition file?

Hi!
    I can't find the path you are showing on edit start treasury. Where is it? I use RPFM editor, should i use soemthing else to mod Empire Total War? Because i think the tax system is not really working like it should. And your Tutorial how to mod is not really good..