Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Also, I changed the starting date to 1857. When I start the game, my king is 200 years old and my generals, ministers are above 150, too. Is it possible to change it?
    Sorry for these questions

Also, is it possible to change the faction's name?

Quote Originally Posted by deltadollar View Post
    I just want to ask if there's a video about how to make a 5-slot city. I want to make Berlin a 5-slot city, I tried both yours, and demis14's tutorial but I failed. I did exactly what you wrote down, but when I start the campaign, I get a CTD.
    You should not have any problem with my tutorial (demis14's is old and has problems), if you do it right. Also, if you can run my Easy Esf you can do that with a couple of clicks.
    Also, checking out your GOD STARTPOS, I found out that prussia has a different flag. It's really cool. Is it possible to get with only changing data\ui\flags?
    I made those for the WW I mod TWTEAW.
    Also, I changed the starting date to 1857. When I start the game, my king is 200 years old and my generals, ministers are above 150, too. Is it possible to change it?
    You have to change as well all the birth dates of all the royal families, all the starting characters (ministers, generals, admirals, gents, etc.) and all starting units and ships. With Easy Esf it is also very easy to be done.
    Also, is it possible to change the faction's name?
    You have to make your localisation mod pack based on patch_en.pack (for English language), which holds all the texts, carrying your change(s).

I tried to change the text in localisation.loc but when I change "Prussia" to "Deutsches Reich" and I save it, in-game, it's still displayed as "Prussia".

Do you make your own loc pack or you change vanilla (which does not work)? If you do make your own pack make sure that you make it of type "movie" and do not add any commands about it in user script.
    Last edited by Ishan; July 31, 2013 at 05:51 AM. Reason: dp

I did make a copy of it as it's written here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Regiment-Names

However, still, when I change and replace the changed localization.loc with the vanilla, in-game it's still written as Prussia. Can You make it for me, please? I'd like to change prussia's faction name to "Deutsches Reich", Québec to "Canada", and United Provinces to "Netherlands". Or shall I try editing it from every way I can?

I tried to make Berlin a 5-slot city with EasyESF, but it didn't change. I pasted to the "ESF" folder the startpos.esf and the regions.esf
    When I did my changes, I click on set startpos, then set regions, and then finally, I click on build files. Then the 2 new files appeared in the "ESF" folder. I moved 'em into the right place, started the game, but Berlin was still a 4-slot city. Did I do anything wrong?

hesserlTW, in changing the name of a faction, do I only need to change "factions_screen_name_prussia", or shall I change "region_unit_resources_string_prussia", too?

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Hi, i have just made Denmark playable, fixed Line of sight, victory conditions etc. But i have a small problem. When i start a campaign as Denmark, the start camera sets on the Indian Region? i want it to start over denmak, how do i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixt View Post
    Hi, i have just made Denmark playable, fixed Line of sight, victory conditions etc. But i have a small problem. When i start a campaign as Denmark, the start camera sets on the Indian Region? i want it to start over denmak, how do i do that?
    Same here, when I start as a nation (doesn't matter which) the camera sets at the west-african trading post in the beginning. Probably it's not fixable.

About the camera bug see here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12831912

Just replace CAMERA_MANAGER in your startpos.

I had the same problem as the previous posters... and your CAMERA_MANAGER fixed it. So I'd just like to say, thank you husserlTW (also for the great tutorial).

Foederatus

Can I decrease religious unrests between certian religions for eg muslims and Catholics or Hindus and Sikhs usingstartpos.esf editor

Hello all im new to the site after i decided i was going to start modding eaw for the first time since i bought it when it came out. I downloaded EsfEditor and decided to try to make a minor faction playable (thirteen colonies). I went through all the steps changing the false to true and saved the new file over the old one, it did not work though, so i was hoping someone could give me and explanation on how to use EsfEditor or modding in general as i have not done it before. Any Help is gratefully appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tomzman3 View Post
    Hello all im new to the site after i decided i was going to start modding eaw for the first time since i bought it when it came out. I downloaded EsfEditor and decided to try to make a minor faction playable (thirteen colonies). I went through all the steps changing the false to true and saved the new file over the old one, it did not work though, so i was hoping someone could give me and explanation on how to use EsfEditor or modding in general as i have not done it before. Any Help is gratefully appreciated, thanks.
    If you want to play as the Thirteen Colonies, that's not enough to make it playable. You have to read the Protectorate Playable point in Level 2. Take a look here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...startpos-esf#u

If you're done with these steps above, you will be able to play as the Thirteen Colonies as an independence nation. You can make alliances, and you won't be the protectorate of Great Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by ani2013 View Post
    Can I decrease religious unrests between certian religions for eg muslims and Catholics or Hindus and Sikhs usingstartpos.esf editor
    Yes by changing the religion percent in the region you want. Religion is under REGION/POPULATION in startpos or in a save. Change a religion to any value between 0 and 1 (0.3 is equal to 30%). Have in mind that all values in all RELIGION_BREAKDOWN should sum to 1 !!!

If you want to play as the Thirteen Colonies, that's not enough to make it playable. You have to read the Protectorate Playable point in Level 2. Take a look here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...startpos-esf#u

If you're done with these steps above, you will be able to play as the Thirteen Colonies as an independence nation. You can make alliances, and you won't be the protectorate of Great Britain.
    Or you can try Empire Total Factions where it is ready...

Is it possible to have an army staff college in the beginning? I'd like to make an army staff college for Great Britain at the beginning in London. Is it possible?

ZeEmperor's Avatar Semisalis

A friend of mine is doing a WW2 submod for NTW,and im suposed to do startpos stuff,he wants me give mecklenburg to finland,change finland into its capital and make sure that revolutions cause the creation of mecklenburg...
    How do i create a new country for Gods sake!

Is it possible to have an army staff college in the beginning? I'd like to make an army staff college for Great Britain at the beginning in London. Is it possible?
    It is very easy, just go in the REGION you like in startpos.esf, find the slot you want changed and in BUILDING_MANAGER change the building type.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by ZeEmperor View Post
    A friend of mine is doing a WW2 submod for NTW,and im suposed to do startpos stuff,he wants me give mecklenburg to finland,change finland into its capital and make sure that revolutions cause the creation of mecklenburg...
    How do i create a new country for Gods sake!
    That's a lot of work.

The main procedure you have to follow on creating the WW2 mod startpos:How to make complicated startpos changes (read this first).

For new faction you need: How to add a new faction replacing an existing one and probably: How to add new flags

Last you will need this: Easy Launcher

It is a huge but very interesting task...
    Last edited by husserlTW; August 27, 2013 at 05:19 AM.

ZeEmperor's Avatar Semisalis

The worst thing is he expects me to do this but im a newb at statpos editing,im only good at changing starting money and religion -.-
    Im gonna try this anyway.