Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

I have a problem people...I try to save to campaign model and I get an error "microsoft net framework unhandled exception has occured in your aplication . if you click continue the application will ignore ........exception of type system.outOfMemoryException as thrown." ..I click continue but nothing happens...I try to start campaign but its the same as it was...a normal start...not modified...Im new to this so ...any help would be appreciated

When I changed the turns per year to 4, I always crash in 1707 at the end of turn 28, playing as France. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

How can I creaate trade ship in a trade - position.

For example Denmark on the ivory Coast. How can I create such a mod?

It is complicated and perhaps it will lead you to an unstable campaign.

I also have a problem, I would like to delete an unit from my enemy's army or even a whole army (as its causing me CTD in battle every time I try). Unfortunately I don't know if it's possible/how to do it, so my guess was to make a hybrid from startpos and my save game file, switch to the faction and disband the army manually.

I have made a hybrid and replaced a startpos file, however the problem is, when I try to start a new campaign, everything is messed up (only one faction to choose, Britain with flag of France, no texts etc., CTD when loading).

What should I do to start a new campaign properly?

tl;dr:
    Made a hybrid, replaced a startpos file - what now?

Sorry for my English.

It is the wrong approach for such a problem. If there is a problem with a unit (or units) that means problem with some db entry (usually a model wrong or missing entry). If you know the basics in units modding you should start a custom battle using the enemy army with the same units. Use one unit at a time and start a battle: if you enter the battlefield then test the next one. If CTD then you know which one is the problematic unit (or units). Now you can track its entries in db tables to spot the problem and correct it.

The startpos method is not good. First you cannot delete anything (unit or army, well unit you might be able but it is very complicated and you should know what is the problematic unit). Using hybrid you will solve the problem but it might causing a CTD later in campaign because of cross hybrid. If you insist to try it here is how:

1. Make hybrid with the startpos and your save.

2. Make sure that in hybrid the enemy faction is playable. If not make it (see Level 1 tutorial how).

3. Start the game as the enemy faction. Do what you want to do with its army, save, exit.

4. Make new hybrid with startpos (the starting one or previous hybrid) and your last save.

5. Start again as the faction you played in fist place and deal with the enemy army and what it is left of it...

I strongly recommend to follow the first correct way.
    Last edited by husserlTW; March 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM.

Thank you for your reply!

First of all, sorry for a little misleading - the problem I have is actually not a crash, but a game freezing (and not responding, so I am only able to terminate the process in Task Manager). Game loads the battle without any issues, no problems with deployment phase either, but when I start the battle game freezes after 2-3 seconds.
    I play DME (with Causa Belli) for a long time and such situation never happened before.

I have followed your reasonable advice about testing units in custom battle.
    After many attempts I finally figured out which units (there are two different) caused the problem (tested a custom battle with the whole, same as in the Campaign, army - but without them - and no freezing occurs). However, what is odd, each of these two specific units deployed in battle alone, or with any other SINGLE additional unit, causes no problem at all...
    Then, if I just add a third unit (or more), no matter which, game freezes again. :hmm:

Is there anything I can do, or the only way is to ban the units, so they cannot be recruited again and auto resolve existing ones?

I am not sure if what I have just written is understandable enough though, but thanks in advance for a try. :)

You can try that: find the model(s) assigned to these units in units_stat_land and change it with another similar good model (even vanilla). Test again.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

I know that the Easy Esf editor has been used successfully to add building slots in the Empire TW campaign game. Can it also be used to add building slots to the Napoleon TW campaign without causing any problems?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You can try that: find the model(s) assigned to these units in units_stat_land and change it with another similar good model (even vanilla). Test again.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Great, that fixed the problem. Thanks for help!

Sorry for double post.

Foederatus

WTF I changed russian capital to Ingria now I want a revolution so I nedd revolution now reset the old capital and game crashes what thef#$ s wrong

How can I convert a Fishing Port to a Traiding Port?

Just change to trading_port the building in region record of startpos.esf :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hey, I'm new here but i'm a total war fan since ever but i'm having problems trying to mod empire startpos... i've tried all the ways you guys explain but i can't make it work
    I just want Portugal as a playable and major nation... if anyone can make me a startpos with that mod i would appreciate!
    my mail: gajodosjogos@hotmail.com
    waiting for an answer...

Great!
    First off I want to thank you for this great mod, I just want to ask you to write down here the region ID of Boston.. Can you do it, please?

How can I get Barbary States to be playable ?

Foederatus

how to open diplomacy manager and buy ireland from great britan

Quote Originally Posted by deltadollar View Post
    Great!
    First off I want to thank you for this great mod, I just want to ask you to write down here the region ID of Boston.. Can you do it, please?
    Which campaign? Better upload your file because IDs are different.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumlive.dk View Post
    How can I get Barbary States to be playable ?
    See in first post Level 1, 1 modification.

Quote Originally Posted by ani2013 View Post
    how to open diplomacy manager and buy ireland from great britan
    Just open diplomacy in game. Toggle between major/minor tabs if the factions are not shown in diplomacy window. I suppose you have made Ireland playable, not emergent and has plenty of cash...

necronox's Avatar ▬▬ι═══════- -═══════ιι▬

is it just me or the governship ID are different (for the same nation) across the 3 region theatres? if this is true, how do i know which one to use? (i am trying to add bengal to britain and orissa and carnatica to france - however it just keeps crashing at mughal's turn - i narrowed the error pool down to the governship IDs i believe)