Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

I solved it half-way, eventually i could play as scotland,
    but i couldnt play any other faction with that startpos
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Ok I'm trying to change the ownership of an fleet (giving the Barbary pirates to the ottomans), I had an look at Change ownership of armies and fleets tutorial but I think its for Land units, is there any other clear guides for fleets only?

“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”
    - Charles Darwin

..or you can do what i did yesterday with Portugal,
    change the ships in Ottoman current fleet.
    i switched the portugal fleets to be all galleon fleets except the fleet outside portugal.
    Luckily there was one galleon in one of the fleets so i could copy values from that one into the various fields
    of all the other ships.
    It may not have been the brightest idea tho, portugal now seem to be destroyed even faster,
    supposedly due to the higher upkeep

Thanks for this. I was able to put the mughals, the portugese and the 13 colonies into the game as playable (The only factions that I think should be in the game bar the original ones)

me too, but i got it working by downloading this startpos that made it all
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wnloadable-Now!

Can anyone help me edit the starting armies? every time I do change the unit sizes in the esf file in main folder, the game crashes while loading after starting the grand campaign.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by mellowzhd View Post
    Can anyone help me edit the starting armies? every time I do change the unit sizes in the esf file in main folder, the game crashes while loading after starting the grand campaign.
    Well you only have to edit the marked entries:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Make sure that the 2nd nomber isn't higher then the 1st.
    If your game is still crashig this should not be problem!

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Yeah that's what I exactly did, I edited only the land units, made sure that both Row 2 and Row 3 value was the same.
    Could it be the ESF Editor I'm using? or something else?

Hey guys I need some help after making the game crushed several times. 1st thing is: After changing a region's ownership, I d like to see that specific region "green" when I start to a new grand campaing.(you know every faction has a map shows the region that it is own as "green" .) 2nd is to delete starting armies. I deleted it from startpos.esf army array but the game crashed. Thanks in advance.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by mellowzhd View Post
    Yeah that's what I exactly did, I edited only the land units, made sure that both Row 2 and Row 3 value was the same.
    Could it be the ESF Editor I'm using? or something else?
    My last idea is that those number maybe shouldn't be higher than the number of men in the db-tables (unit_stats_land). But if this isn't the case you should trace back al previous changes in your startpos and try to find where the error is.

Quote Originally Posted by conqueror89 View Post
    Hey guys I need some help after making the game crushed several times. 1st thing is: After changing a region's ownership, I d like to see that specific region "green" when I start to a new grand campaing.(you know every faction has a map shows the region that it is own as "green" .) 2nd is to delete starting armies. I deleted it from startpos.esf army array but the game crashed. Thanks in advance.
    I can only give you an answer to your 2nd question, you have simply not removed every entry related to the army you deleted in the army array. If the army has a general delete him in the character_array and CAI_world_characters.
    Furthermore read this tutorial, there you can see how the entries to the army array are connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post

I can only give you an answer to your 2nd question, you have simply not removed every entry related to the army you deleted in the army array. If the army has a general delete him in the character_array and CAI_world_characters.
    Furthermore read this tutorial, there you can see how the entries to the army array are connected.
    2nd is ok. For the first let me give you more specific details. I've edited region ownership from map information propen... smt like that. and from faction info I've also edited number of starting region. In the grand campain starting menu map, the additional regions was green. I thought Ive succeded, started a grand campain game didnt crush but while loadin it froze. game music continued but loading progress has stopped Do you have anything to say about this ?

Citizen

I really haven't tried it yet but maybe you can use the tuto on post 1 of this thread?

BTW: Welcome to TWC^^

I really haven't tried it yet but maybe you can use the tuto on post 1 of this thread?

BTW: Welcome to TWC^^
    I wrote after trying all possible(!) things I guess. Thank you for showing interest =)

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Is there a way of stopping a particular unit being recruited before a certain year and if so how?
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Is there any possibility to make a mod disables afghanistan and baluchistan, make it like great plains or east of the caspian sea (karakum dessert i guess). I want this two areas passable but there shouldnt be minor/major city. I am open for the ideas =)

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by conqueror89 View Post
    Is there any possibility to make a mod disables afghanistan and baluchistan, make it like great plains or east of the caspian sea (karakum dessert i guess). I want this two areas passable but there shouldnt be minor/major city. I am open for the ideas =)
    Possible but that would require massive changes in the startpos.esf, regions.esf and pathfinding.esf and maybe some other files too.

Then Im gettin to the work...

My last idea is that those number maybe shouldn't be higher than the number of men in the db-tables (unit_stats_land). But if this isn't the case you should trace back al previous changes in your startpos and try to find where the error is.

Okay this question might sound stupid but which pack file do I have to edit the unit sizes?, is it in patch.pack? or patch5.pack? or is it both?

Citizen

It would be the best if you create your own mod file... In this case you will not harm the original ETW files, here are two tutorials that could be helpful:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-to-mess-about
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...complete-guide

I'm trying to do this with Berlin but brandenburg isn't in the regions array?