Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Two issues I followed the instructions and I managed to change mexico's starting treasury I save it exit out but when I start the new campaign it never makes the change goes back to default.

also something happen and now my startpos. File looks the the Internet Explorer icon. Not that white blank icon how can I change it back? Uninstall and reinstall did not fix it
    It has been a while I fiddle with this, but I'll try to help you as the best I can. How did you change the starting treasury for Mexico, was it with Easy Esf or was it with ETW Editor?

AFAIK Mexico is an emergent faction and things probably needs to be changed in more than one place, so that could be the reason why the changed starting treasury is reverting back to vanilla once you loaded the mod.

Or a second thought... What with format did you save the mod, was it MOD (requires the mod to be added to the C:\Users\Leonardo\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\user.empire_script.txt) or was it MOVIE (automatically load the mod?)?

I think the icon for the esf file can be changed in Windows Control Panel under the file associations.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Actually I realized no one checks this thread anymore since no ones questions have been answered
    This is probably the main reason why no one answer a question.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by quantumlive.dk View Post
    I want to change ownership of armies.
    "Now get in
    [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/CAI_INTERFACE/CAI_WORLD/CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS and find the settlement cai record that the army is stationed in." BUT I dont know the cai record of the army. How can I solve this?

They should be in the CAI_MOBILES (not perfectly sure if I spelled it correct)

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Hi!

I add some new units in an army, but when I start the game the new units cards are equal to empire units cards!... How can I solve this problem? Thanks.

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF

How can you inable Diplimacy ? For example in NTW Egypt Campain it not able. How can one do that for Europe Campaign NTW for example?

Thank you!!!

trying to play with knights of Stjohn but the faction is still not playble ??
    the faction is a major one now and i made victory missions and they are on, but when i start the camaign i couldn't control the faction, anything missing ? healp

Hello modders,

Is there anybody around?

If there is anyone who successfully converted from xml2esf for NTW, please write me back. I need your help about the portrait allocation. I just need a corrected converter ESF and thats all.

BR

hi i need help i have empire with darthmod i want to move the mamluks from masoptania to egypt and rename the faction also the tech european doctrine is not shown
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmiR TimuR View Post
    Hello modders,

Is there anybody around?

If there is anyone who successfully converted from xml2esf for NTW, please write me back. I need your help about the portrait allocation. I just need a corrected converter ESF and thats all.

BR
    Here is a tutorial or wait for Steph to stop by as he knows more about modding in NTW than me.

Also, please post any question about modding in the correct forum. Thanks.
    Last edited by Leonardo; January 15, 2020 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Link added.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    LEVEL 3
    2. Change ownership of characters
    ... Find the character record in [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION/CHARACTER_ARRAY checking for his name in CAMPAIGN_LOCALISATON. Copy/paste CHARACTER_ARRAY record from old to new faction in and then delete it from old faction.
    Hello is anybody here who can explain me how to copy/paste ? In ESF-Editor and PFM I have 3 options. Delete, dublicate and move. I have absolutely no idea how the move works and how to transfer the characters to another faction.

The rest is done. Thanks to the nice tutorial.

Thanks a lot

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Delete - remove the record
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Duplicate - insert copy or record at index +1

3 - <for example you duplicate this record

so after operation new state will be

3 <-this was duplicated
    4 <-duplicated copy of #3
    Move - basically change index of record to X and move others...

3 <-this was duplicated
    5 <- now you will try to move this record to postion 3

you will get this order of content...however keep in mind you will still see indexes as 0-5 only content is moved...
    Alternatively if there are no records to move/duplicate around, you can use startpos unpacking via scripting to XML tables and them work with them :-)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nto-Text-Files
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Delete - remove the record
    Duplicate - insert copy or record at index +1

3 - <for example you duplicate this record

so after operation new state will be

3 <-this was duplicated
    Move - basically change index of record to X and move others...

3 <-this was duplicated

you will get this order of content...however keep in mind you will still see indexes as 0-5 only content is moved...
    Alternatively if there are no records to move/duplicate around, you can use startpos unpacking via scripting to XML tables and them work with them :-)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nto-Text-Files
    @Daruwind - Thanks a lot for your answer, I did not saw it, I got no mail, and no message in my acount. I am sorry, I am new here and I saw nothing for a subscription of responds.

Well, I do not understand how should "5 <- now you will try to move this record to position 3" transport the character to another faction. The other method is to complicated for me. I have no skills in such things.

Kindly regards

I think Daruwind mean is to first copy the record in 3 to 4 then cut out the record in 5 and paste it in 3.

3 <-this was duplicated

@Leonardo - yes, but the character remains in the faction, I think so. I have to move 6 characters to another faction. The rest is done. My problem is, that Bob destroyed the Rawdata of Assembly Kit. I have to work on on my new AD642 map only with PFM. very complicated for easy changes.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Now I understand, my bad....Well in that case it is not so easy as just two clicks in PFM.You have to do things manually. Duplicate any record in target faction and fill it with details of character you are trying to move there. Then delete original record in original faction for that character.

I´m not expert for units, characters...so make sure you check all possible links, IDs that the character is really moved to new faction.

(My work is usually about buildings, regions. And in many cases PFM is unable to help me as the PFM is able to duplicate only records/record structure that is available in particular array. Plus there are records that are being corrupted via PFM while duplicating ..some AI related stuff etc. For all this reason learning unpacking might be good option. I usually duplicate stuff in PFM, then have to repair records after unpacking..)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Anisvara View Post
    @Leonardo - yes, but the character remains in the faction, I think so. I have to move 6 characters to another faction. The rest is done. My problem is, that Bob destroyed the Rawdata of Assembly Kit. I have to work on on my new AD642 map only with PFM. very complicated for easy changes.
    Have you tried RPFM (now with ETW support)?

I recall HusserlTW once said that every time he needed to copy a record he always had two ETW Editor open (each of them with a different version) and I know there is at least two versions of the ETW Editor (1.4.3 and 1.4.5 IIRC).

Or perhaps try another tool.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-for-ETW-Units
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...d-Oct-24-2009) - not sure if HusserlTW meant this tool
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...f-Total-Editor

@Daruwin & @Leonardo. Thanks a lot you two. I found another solution. I made some historical changes and renamed the faction on the map. So everything can remains as it is at the moment. A lot of easier and all in all the game is more historical acurate. Nevertheless I will bookmark the stuff with the RPFM!
    Kindly regards

Hello just 2 or 3 questions
    I would like to change the name of my general and my other genres that I choose is my governors with Editsf on trone of britannia.
    Here I manage to get into Editsf to change the money, is the army numbers but after that I don't know how to do anything else.
    If someone could just tell me how to get there it would be cool on their part.
    Thank you.

Two questions:

EDITING TRADE: I've created trade between two factions by editing the diplomacy, but there is no corresponding economic activity. How is this done?

MOVING REGION CAPITOL: I have the grids of where I want to move it to, and have been able to move the buildings such as magistrates, but have not been able to move the corresponding town/city underlying template. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by pappagoat View Post
    Two questions:

EDITING TRADE: I've created trade between two factions by editing the diplomacy, but there is no corresponding economic activity. How is this done?
    I am not sure how to do it, but I know a few modders who know how. Have you checked the other tutorials that's linked in the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by pappagoat View Post
    MOVING REGION CAPITOL: I have the grids of where I want to move it to, and have been able to move the buildings such as magistrates, but have not been able to move the corresponding town/city underlying template. Any ideas?
    If I am not mistaken, I think you need to do a hybrid.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...tartpos-esf#ae