Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rządy Miecza (Reign of the Sword)

Default Rządy Miecza (Reign of the Sword)

Here's a very promising mod about to be released cross your fingers! I love the detail put into this right down to the campaign sprites, fief management and dice games.

By:

Release date - probably this month
    Mod will be avialable for 1.010/1.011 in two language versions - polish and english.

Dział moda po polsku (mod subforum on polish board) - http://www.mountblade.info/forum/index.php?board=30.0

Some of the mod features:

- Interactive and functional strategic map of Calradia
    - New map of Calradia
    - Tweaked units for balance and to give them unique look.
    - Many new units.
    - Better heraldics. All banners redone. Every lord will have his unique banner (no randomness). Different map flag types for each faction.
    - New icons on world map. Almost all parties will have their own, unique look, so you'll be able to recognize your enemy just by map icon.
    - Advanced kingdom ruling system, with lord recrutation, fief management, culture changing, diplomation...
    - Mod options - this will allow you to turn off some mod features, that you don't like or to turn on some of the extra features.
    - Voice orders - when you'll give order to your troops in battle, your character will shout the order out loud.
    - Your NPC companions will be able to lead their own armies
    - New knight tournaments
    - Special troops with configurable equipement
    - New cultures (troop trees) to choose for your own kingdom. You want to be a bandit lord? No problem. Or maybe you want to be at charge of teutonic order? Your choice...
    - Rewritten bandit spawning scripts. There will be more kinds of those bloodthirsty bastards, they'll be harder to kill, and their groups will be higher in numbers.
    - New Zendar, which will be a "heart" of Calradia.
    - Town and village walkers depending on faction. Khergits in khergit towns and villages, Nords in nordic... etc.
    - Battle will no longer end after you fell unconcious. You can freely view the battlefield and watch how your troops bravely fight the enemy.
    - Some new heroes waiting to join you and fight by your side.
    - Many new items (clothes, armors, weapons, tons of new shields...) a lot of them made from a scratch.
    - New horses
    - New attack animations.
    - New beautiful music (only legal stuff).
    - New sounds.
    - New quests.
    - New buildings in fiefs...

...and many, many more big and small changes and additions. I just don't remember them all.

Credits... Will be written carefully when the mod is out. Many people contributed and helped me out with this mod. I won't forget none of them.

Screenies from work in progress:
    [center]

Some of new map icons:

Kingdom naming:

Fief management:

Lord recruiting (screens outdated):

Interactive strategic map. Screens outdated, because map got a little "facelift". Some examples of posibble map customization:

World map (by Aldwen):
    New screens:

Old screens:

Sea travel from Wercheg to Tihr (and vice versa). For a small price you can hire a ship and relax, listening to seaguls and watching as the horizon goes by:

Knight tournaments:

Some new Nord shields (about 300 new shields for them):

During your travels, you can encounter some new bandits. Like highlanders in the mountains...

...and on steppes - the Merkits:

Dice mini-game:

A small part of new clothes and armors:

A small part of new weapons:

Sygnaturka pl (z linkiem do tematu na polskim forum):

Code:
    Signature (en):

Code:

Default Re: [W.I.P.] Rządy Miecza (Reign of the Sword)

I think it's one of the most promising mods out there. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long before release.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Yeah I was going to post up Second Age which is really promising too, but then I saw with an actually release forthcoming.

Yeah, about Second Age: the thread was removed due to spam and the maker hasn't given any sign of life since, so we'll have to see about that.
    But Rządy Miecza looks very serious. I'm particularly intrigued about this:

New cultures (troop trees) to choose for your own kingdom. You want to be a bandit lord? No problem. Or maybe you want to be at charge of teutonic order? Your choice...
    Last edited by Adorno1; June 24, 2009 at 01:33 PM.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Really too bad they had some awesome looking armors, but on to subject I hope this one will come out with formations and why no hunting?

Everything i have seen about this mod is nice, especially like the new swords etc...

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

This looks like it is going to be downright amazing. I really want to try out that strategic map and the new troops.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

cant hardly wait.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

This mod looks like it will be implementing many things I have always wanted to do myself...like my dream mod.

Looks like I need to get my gaming computer fixed much sooner now!

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

any news?

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Last word from the creator - Slawomir of Aaarrghh - at taleworlds was July 15.:

Relax people.

I wrote that maybe I'll be able to prepare beta for first half of July. I really wanted to. But I didn't make it. Sometimes things go hard and there's also many things noone can predict. Last week I was mostly away, so I wasn't able to push this project closer to release. There's still much to do to close the first Beta (or rather an Alpha, which will be something like a test version rather than a complete mod, because I won't be able to finish all the things I want, so I'll have to disable some of the mod features).

noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Some news

Do you have any throwing weapons planned/made?
    There are some planned/made. So far I made few kinds of shuriken. It's not much, but as soon as I finish scripting I'll go on fully to modeling and texturing (now I only do it if I'm sick of module system and want to take a break).

And here's some screenies of troops from additonal culture for player kingdom. Now you can feel like a teutonic grandmaster himself.
    First try on it - some basic armors, few shields, great lances, helmets, horses:

And after spending on it some more time - corrected textures for horses and helmets, added new armors for crossbowmen and for knights (with cloaks), added few kettle hats and great helmets...

Wow just Wow...

Any more news?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

MoToM's Avatar Semisalis

Hes just posted a quick sentence, saying he is too busy modding to post updates.

News from Slawomir of Aaarrghh

Here's small update:

There will be more people in towns...

Items available in shops now depend on faction. Here's a sample nordic, vaegir, swadian and khergit weaponsmith:

After-battle screens will change a little. Here's one of the new screens - possibility to kill knocked down enemies (if you won't kill or enslave them all, they'll remain on world map):

Another look at strategic map (it will be changed a little to show whole, bigger world map and 2 new factions):

Some new weapons and shields for one of 2 new factions:

I made around 240 such shields, so there's plenty of patterns to choose from. Weapons are based on screens I found on google, some of them look like orc stuff from Lord of the Rings, but I like them anyway.

And here are new Nord throwing axes:

This looks awesome!

Uruk blades!

It's such high-quality! Does he do this all alone too!?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast