Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Praise] Big thanks for the mod!

Default Re: Big thanks for the mod! ("official" praise Chivalry II:SV thread)

Hi there, I'm Fredrique zee Crusader and I'm really enjoying my ChivalryII campaign atm. We're in the Middle East right now (just captured Jerusalem!!) - very exotic here to say the least! Here are some pictures my comrades and I made during our last battle against the heathens...

Fredrique's crusading impressions:

I climed up a tree for this one. Our lord passing by beneath - what a great commander he is! Fine chap.

Here's us marching up the hill (in the background - the foot knights with the spears - that's us). In the front are the dismounted feudal knights - arrogant bastards if you ask me. But they're not to be messed with, if you've grown fond of the number of limbs you currently have - nope.

Here's our lot fight against the heathen commander and his bodyguard... bloody tin-men! Hard to crack 'em open, I'll tell you that much. But it's possible, yup. Btw, I'm the handsome dude with the bare mail and shiny helmet at the bottom of the right corner. I gave that bastard on his armourd beast in front of me a good stickn' later on - yes sir!

Here's me posing (left), once the battle had died down a bit. Just behind me you see my pal Jaque jumping into the shot - a typical Jaque ;-)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Outtake:

=================

I'm really enjoying this mod right now. I'm playing a Latins high era campaign on hard-hard. Beautiful campaign map, good economics and settlement development, many eras to choose from, good looking units, an AoR system, fun battles etc.... makes for a fine mod. I do miss the higher number of provinces in Greece and the Serb faction in the Balkans that other medieval mods don't have, as I like playing factions around that area. Good have this option!

Thanks for this mod!
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; July 29, 2014 at 02:35 AM. Reason: trouble with images not showing sorted

Default Re: [Praise] Big thanks for the mod!

Hi there, I used to love this mod; I'd like to play it again but it seems that the link is dead. Help, anyone?

Chiming in to say this is my favorite mod. The most stable and problem free mod I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Thanks for years of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Andros40504 View Post
    Chiming in to say this is my favorite mod. The most stable and problem free mod I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Thanks for years of fun!
    Same here.I play this game, and mod, once a year atleast.

ForGondor 68's Avatar Civis

Thanks for the mod, i really appreciate it!

I just tried, it is one of the best. Good Job Guys!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Thanks guys, appreciated. Certainly also by SV - who knows, if he watches the forum the one or other day, in silence
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Plaut's Avatar Civis

Finally some mod that is actually historically accurate as it is possible, i mean for factions shown in game unlike vanilla or other mods (vanilla even doesn't deserve to be mentioned in faction segment) that is on purpose missing states on Balkan such as Serbia or Bulgaria and middle east in Spain also....

Does anyone knows if there is a link for SV 3.0 and 3.3 and hotfix. Because i downloaded them from one other site and they won't work for me. Maybe they are not compatible with windows version. I have win 7, 64-bit. Game work fine and all expansions too. I know it will soon be almost 10 years from when this mod came out but i really wanna play this again.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Milzn View Post
    Does anyone knows if there is a link for SV 3.0 and 3.3 and hotfix. Because i downloaded them from one other site and they won't work for me. Maybe they are not compatible with windows version. I have win 7, 64-bit. Game work fine and all expansions too. I know it will soon be almost 10 years from when this mod came out but i really wanna play this again.
    A week ago I was able to download all three files and to run the game on Win10, 64bit. I've had a hard time but I'd found the problem after a while. During the installation some of the files are made "Read only" (perhaps by the installer). I think the next installer is unable to over those files with the newer ones but it doesn't tell it to the user. To fix it, I've removed this attribute after each installation, ie three times (you can do it by right-clicking on the whole folder and unticking the "Read only" attribute).
    I'm also running the game in the Win7 compatibility mode, you've got this system.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 30, 2017 at 03:02 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234