Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Praise] Big thanks for the mod!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Big thanks for the mod! ("official" praise Chivalry II:SV thread)

Quote Originally Posted by brux7 View Post
    The best mod I've played!
    Congratulations!
    The best mode for someone who is 40 years.

Nice comment - actually Chivalry II/SV (incl. Chivalry I TW, the RTW original) "requires" a kind of historical background knowledge to find into the mod design with immersion. So it might be these mods are better for the "oldies" in the TW community.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

Loving this mod; has revived my interest in MTW 2 altogether. Gorgeous and gorgeousity.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

VVILHELM DUX's Avatar Tiro

Ditto all the above. I have loved this mod since it came out. Is in mho one of the best TW mod out there.

Thank you very much for the mod!!! keep up the good work=)

I downloaded 3.3 just recently, and decided to test out the Moors in the Dark Ages (one of my favourite factions, for some reason). It is truly amazing what you've managed to do with the game, ranging from units and the map to the economic system and AI tweaks. Historical immersion is far beyond vanilla, and the game is at once believable, challenging and fun. For M2TW mods that take place in Europe, I can't see myself bothering with much else for a long while to come.

So, in a word, big thanks - I'm looking forward to anything new you manage to dish out, whenever it comes.

And, for the record, I'm 35, so what was mentioned above seems to holds true... although I might call this a mod for history connoisseurs, more than an oldies' mod.

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Great mod In my mind the best there is Especially because I wanted to play a mod that feautured the ERE befoer 1080

Hauptman's Avatar Foederatus

. . .
    High praise from me for Sicilian Vespers. Terrific unit skins. Outstanding unit banners. Thought provoking tech trees. Challenging goals. Vexatious AI. Provided me 172 turns of Dark Ages delight bashing Danes, Franks, Lombards, and Abbasids as Kaiser of the Holy Roman Empire re-establishing the might of Charlemagne. Where else might the HRE celebrate Christmas 974 AD with ultimate victory in German cathedrals from Paris to Jerusalem? Great mod indeed!
    . . .

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

i never looked at this mod in all these years and i dont really know why. i think i assumed its just a mod that focuses on detailed realistic sicilian units - lol
    its really good. i am a dlv fan but there are some things i dislike there and this mod is really good. bugfree, looking good, nice fresh beeze building wise, good balance i think. over all a very nice mod. one of my favorits...all the way on top together with dlv, right now as its new to me even a notch above dlv.
    there is one only thing tat annoys me a bit and i believe it can be fixed and thats the charge - the thing when infantries first line charges and the rest of the unit just stands there thinking lolwut

which ai are you guys using btw?
    Last edited by Ahlerich; December 02, 2009 at 12:14 PM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Just a short note:

there is one only thing tat annoys me a bit and i believe it can be fixed and thats the charge - the thing when infantries first line charges and the rest of the unit just stands there thinking lolwut

which ai are you guys using btw?
    Please put this point/question into another thread, as this thread here is exclusively "praising the mod" (just no place for discussions).

[CAI/BAI: It's a custom XAI solution, by xeryx and Argent Usher]
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 02, 2009 at 03:44 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Just a short note:

Please put this point/question into another thread, as this thread here is exclusively "praising the mod" (just no place for discussions).

[CAI/BAI: It's a custom XAI solution, by xeryx and Argent Usher]
    sooooooorry. i think the battlefield ai makes the archers a bit to aggressive as they always charge far in fron of the bulk of the army

This is a truly fine mod. Now it is my default Medieval 2 total war game.

Cool mod i can't wait to install it!

SerbianInfantry's Avatar Tiro

I can't belive there is only two pages of this. Ok. First mod I installed. First mod that I played that include my own country (THANK YOU!!!). Love the units, love their description, correct names for my country (familly members, agents... more than less ) Interesting to play, althou I am total war fanatic so I would play even if it su*ked. Awsome. Thanx for making the effort. You keep making it, I'll keep playing it

Libertus

Although I'm not Serbian myself, I also really like the inclusion of both the Serbs and the Bulgarians, as it creates a lot more action in the balkan region. Also the permanent stone forts are a real nice addition and make for very strategic gameplay, especially in combination with the standing army costs. The techtree has also been discusses, which imo is much more realistic than it was before.

Anyway, yesterday I started playing as the Genovese(H/VH), and I'm loving it. I have to actually think over the moves I'm going to make. Also a first crusade was launched (appr. 1095) against the almighty Seljuks and my own Crusade army actually got butchered, which hadn't happened alot before, in other mods that is.

I'm not an oldie yet (still 20 yo) but I am really enjoying the experience too, so thanks alot SicilianVespers and the other modteam members!!

ps there's still a lot more to praise, but this is just out of the top of my head

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

I have possibly played every mod there is ,but this is about the best around ,the Factions included ,the eras .I very nearly always play as the Romans but ,i have an on going late ere Serb campaign which is fantastic ,reliving Emperor Dusans campaigns ,I also have a Kiev early era on the go ,brilliant .So thanks for this fantastic mod ,carnt praise it enough

Signature made by Joar

My thanks for this Nicely balanced and Stable mod,this i feel is how vanilla should have been.

I do not have to play other medieval II mods because I know Chivalry is the best. I used to play Chiv I alot and I know how good it is (and the team) .
    Mod is not only good but also the presentation. You do not have to seek through endless topics to find answers.

I never tried MTW II (Chiv II), because I didn't have the computer. At the moment I'm downloading it (3 hours for the whole enchilada). Can't wait.

Hope I'll find some time to play, since I'm very busy.

Thanks for this mod .

Now I'm hoping for a Mod covering Charlemagne-period . Seems to be the time period noone wants to mod.
    Last edited by William the Silent; March 15, 2010 at 03:25 PM.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Hey, DaVinci-

Just wanted to stop by and thank you and the team for yet another excellent mod. Keep up the great work.
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Just found the mod.I say it is very good and historically correct.It takes 8 turns to train knights.3 turns for a boat.Every soldier you have is precious.You have to kill every last member of the ruling family to destroy a faction.Cities and castles produce reinforcements when sieged.It makes it hard to take them.That seemed challenging and interesting for me.

Congrats to all developers.
    But you have to make it more public.More people should know about what this is.I thought it was a mod to make better sicilian units.Not something like this.
    Last edited by cenkiss; April 08, 2010 at 06:27 AM.

I am absolutly stunned. I always thought this was a mod aimed at the renniasance era and nothing else and the only reason I came back much later to look again is because I got a tatse of renny type troops from playing the mod Thera. So I thought cool that one mod could fix my new found interest for the era. but damn if you dont pull the stops and have dark ages also that blew me away. My only sad point being is I have to leave for work in 2 hours, well congrats great job I go to play now in the dark ages, get to the renny later lol

Awesome I was just attcked while in a city by a rebel stack. That is something I have never seen before, usually you can have almost no garrison and the rebel stack still woulod not attack but to attack my city with a little over a half stack in it is cool.
    Last edited by born2dive67; April 14, 2010 at 08:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast