Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Praise] Big thanks for the mod!

Razdor's Avatar Laetus

Default [Praise] Big thanks for the mod!

Just wanted to say what a nice combination of interesting changes! I have tried every single mod out there.
    In some mods the moral of units is so high that you end up loosing most of your men, and smart tactics hardly work when your opponent has excellent moral. Then some mods really make it hard to make money (building costs,time). What I like about this mod is that it is balanced in almost every way. More; there are new types
    of buildings, factions, different starting points(years), skins, and many other things that made this mod, at list
    for me - an Ideal Mod! Thanks to the team for great work!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Big thanks for the mod!

Good reflection - of course we like to hear such comments.

I'll make this a sticky "Official Praise" thread (since release v3.3), for now.

Edit: Gets unsticked, if there won't be enough praise-posts
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 23, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Default Re: Big thanks for the mod! ("official" praise Chivalry II:SV thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Razdor View Post
    In some mods the moral of units is so high that you end up loosing most of your men, and smart tactics hardly work when your opponent has excellent moral.
    I agree I remember cutting down moral points by -3 or -4 of all units in SSteel and only than it was as it should be
    You are right , SV is so far the best mod...but only after I removed multiple hit points of units ;-)

il padrino's Avatar Protector Domesticus

aaaah,it's ok as a mod

the only one i'm playing

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Regiment View Post
    I agree I remember cutting down moral points by -3 or -4 of all units in SSteel and only than it was as it should be
    You are right , SV is so far the best mod...but only after I removed multiple hit points of units ;-)
    Critical stuff is not allowed in this thread ...although you might be right with the multi-hp partly, but again, it's not discussion, it's praise here
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

ah ah ! OK I just love it ! ....and no CTD !!!!!!!

best mod on the market by far. a must download for ppl like me who despise CTD's and love historical Accuracy!

Quote Originally Posted by husker9.2 View Post
    best mod on the market by far. a must download for ppl like me who despise CTD's and love historical Accuracy!

Husker hit the jackpot.

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

The first mod I downloaded was Chiv 2.5. I then went to trying SS and Deus Volt, but always I came back to this mod. It is still my prime mod for Medieval Europe. Bravo!

Cogito Ergo Vicco

old_dude's Avatar Tiro

I feel the same as Gwyn. I may try other mods but I always keep this one on my desktop. My favorite balance in terms of difficulty, diversity of campaigns, and stability. Thanks for the work you've done.

Patrician Artifex

Thanks, seems the fan-choir stays closer, raises hands to the rave and sings even louder second by second ...

I play the to the heavy beat to appeal also the shy people with angel-like sounds

But he, the still shouts: More of that chanting and louder !!! ... or ChivII:SV won't be developed any further

(One spam post is even allowed for me, per day)
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 26, 2009 at 12:34 PM.

I LOVE this mod! Favorite for M2TW, and until the ETW mods start getting a bit better, probably my favorite mod of all time.

Much better than anything on the M2TW market, and grossly under rated if you ask me! (I don't mean to say its unpopular, or anything like that. Only that mods like SS/Third Age seem to be more popular, and I think this mod deserves/needs to be shared by more people)

Thanks everyone! Please keep up the good work, and continue to work on this masterful piece of art!
    じゃあ、しょうがない・・・

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

I love this mod. Realistic and fun. The best mod imho. ...I'm playing as the Crown of Aragon/County of Barcelona over and over again (and there is so much world out there!) I'm glad that I've contributed to it even if it's just a wee bit!
    --------------Arengada--------------

Darth Pooh's Avatar Civis

Wonderful mod!!! I installed it after my Broken Crescent saves kept crashing and even though I´m still missing the Middle-Eastern atmosphere of BC, I can´t imagine my life without Chivalry II
    Good job! Thank you for all the hours of pure fun

Theophilus's Avatar Foederatus

Wow! I can't believe I missed this mod. I was a big fan of Chivalry for RTW but I had no idea you had made such progress with the M2TW version. I only stumbled across it when checking out the links over at the CBUR forum.

I've been playing a dark age campaign for about three days now and it is fantastic. Building and recruitment is logical and efficent. Great diversity in units. You don't strictly divide units between city and castle recruitment. My economy is humming along and the battles ...! The battles flow like no other mod I've played. Combat is fast and vicious and cavalry charges work wonderfully. They are smooth - not halting or awkward - and terrify low-level infantry. As they should!

No more slow motion combat, which seems to plague M2TW.

Congratulations on the mod and thank you.

Icon10 Re: Big thanks for the mod! ("official" praise Chivalry II:SV thread)

The best era based mod for medieval 2 total war ever!!

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

What the guy above me said. I love this mod.

Ataraxie's Avatar Biarchus

Love the campaign variety, thoroughly enjoying the 3.3x changes !
    < Insert ironic/scarily serious nationalist sentiment here >
    Provided Ancillaries for SH's New Map And Slower Expansion For SS6.4
    Provided one or two Unit Descriptions for Shokh's BEIC (ETW)
    Currently working on Settlement Titles & Effects Changes (SS6.4)

First played when you had only the one campaign as the Angevins and now it is even more wonderful, seriously a brilliant mod, words cannot describe...

I love the Dark Age period campaign as West Saxons, even though it's a beta it still maintains that dark character (see high dread generals a lot ) and feeling of a world between two ages of enlightenment. Can't wait to see a full version. Takes a while on my old PC but has been fun, 62 turns in and I've secure all of England and Wales and am the richest faction, preparing to take Ireland and then use my marriage alliances with Burgundy and Italy to hit the West Franks where it hurts .

Brilliant mod for roleplaying too.

Lovely battle AI you use too, some Irish rebels ambushed me in the Pennines as I marched on Danish York and put up a very good fight even against 5 units of Cynge's Houskarls (didn't realise there were general field costs yet ) skirmishing very well but breaking on my shieldwall in authentic northern snowstorms in a pass by modern day Sheffield .

My only suggestions so far would be a less passive campaign AI (might be because I use M/M for first campaign), only wars are Navarre - Moors and East - West Franks. Also, the Scots and Danes in Britain need some help, poor souls they're a bit lost , Scots still haven't taken the third Scottish settlement.

Am I correct in thinking the rebels build up settlements now?

Loving the new building options, although I'm not entirely clear on how Market and Stronghold rights function.

Thank you
    Last edited by Schrödinger; September 13, 2009 at 08:59 AM.
    ~

RESTORING ROME - CHAPTER II: TRAGEDY OF THE KOMNENOI
    bitte sehr
    SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT - A VERY SPECIAL FELINE

brux7's Avatar Libertus

The best mod I've played!
    Congratulations!
    The best mode for someone who is 40 years.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast