Thread: Animation problem

Icon4 Animation problem

I installed the RTRPE full v1.9, everything works fine, except the attack of the hastati, principes, and other similars. They use the right flank to attack, not the front, and, when they are in the center of the line, ITS PROBLEMATIC (they form a T with the enemy). They stay in formation, looking to the left of the battlefield with the right flank attacking. I tested, because its annoying, why they do that, and i found than its an animations related issue. I uninstalled all, re-installed and, without the RTR, I paste the animations, then the problem started. All the other units are fine.
    I hope a solution, please.

Default Re: Animation problem

Show some pictures. You may want to try Marcus Camillus` player formations and Sinuhet`s ai formations for RTRPE. Currently the default formations in RTRPE are those of Darth.

OMG!! You are VERY QUICK! It is not a formation problem, i was thinking the same than you, but it is not. I dont have my pc right here, i am in a cyber, so i cant post pictures right now.... These unit, when attack, rotate from the 12 o'clock to the 9 o'clock, then they stay there, attacking, but looking to the 9 o'clock (everything using the single line formation)
    If you dont understandme, tomorrow i will post some images. Thanks for trying to helpme
    Last edited by Havoc_ukn; June 22, 2009 at 05:54 PM.

Yes, it does sound like a formation thing. Those files don`t just set up the different formations as you see them in the menu, but also the spacing between units and other such thing. They can strongly influence how a unit acts.

Hi! I'm back... Due some time problems, i couldn't update this. Here is the screenshot:
    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4...ndeataque3.png (they are attacking)
    But i solved changing the animation of these units (fs_so_gladius & fs_so_gladius_slow -I think-) to the vainilla ones. I don't know how it affect to the attack of the units, but it solved the problem.