Thread: FireGL vs Quadro FX vs high end gaming card

Default FireGL vs Quadro FX vs high end gaming card

I was wondering if any of you guys knew what the better choice would be between a Quadro FX 3400 or a FireGL V7100. I’m planning on using this machine for photo & video editing, 3d modeling and, web design. Would it be a better idea to go with a high end gaming card like 6800 ultra? Also how well does the Quadro FX 3400 or a FireGL V7100 perform I games? I don't really want to get a card that can only do 10 FPS in games.

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

A 6800 isn't going to handle the industrial tasks that you're planning on as well as a workstation card. BUT, the workstation cards won't run games any better than a good 6800.
    As for FireGL vs. Quadro, I couldn't tell you. But, if you're getting into modeling/compositing, etc pretty hardcore, I'd go for the workstation card. If you're just KINDA into it, and are still playing games frequently, a $1200+ graphics card might be a little overkill.

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

Thanks for the input. Yeah I hardly ever play games any more, just RTW occasionally (just enough to test my new skins and models)