Thread: little britain

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Default little britain

A friend of mine suggested it as funny show.
    I ve sen 4 episodes of the 1 season and i would like to read my british friends opinion
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: little britain

I used to love it, then it got repetative. What do you think of it?

I hate it with a passion. It's the same ing joke ad nauseum.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by Eire_Emerald View Post
    I used to love it, then it got repetative. What do you think of it?
    I heve expected something wittier than this,but anyway i watch just to see the representation of common British people by a comedy show.
    In my opinion comedy is a good way to see inside a society
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Yes, it did get repetitive. Shame, 'cos it used to be very funny. My favourite sketches were the ones in the Scottish hotel, I also liked Vicky Pollard and the "computer says no" one (can't remember how the character was called)

Indefinitely Banned

I think it was very funny, true the same themes were repeatedly visited, but I think they had the good sense to finish when they did, as they must have realised that they had taken the format as far as they could. Would that more series pulled the plug when they got tired!

If I was being brutal then I would have to say that they probably went one season too far, but then, Monty Python were guilty of exactly the same, so they are in good company.

Its the most redundant thing I have ever seen in my entire life.
    I'm off to watch some proper British comedy Monty Python anyone
    Know where you're going in life . . . you may already be there!

Comes Limitis

Its funny because its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

I think that it's, and don't feel offended, retarded. I was just thinking to myself today (before I read this thread) "Man that show is retarded". So many stereotypes and puke/sex/(...) jokes it's not even funny any more.

Once again, don't feel offended .

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Digbert View Post
    Its the most redundant thing I have ever seen in my entire life.
    Exactly.

It was good at first because it pushed the bountries but even then, the British over hyped. It was good but not that ing good.

After a few episodes, and after seeing the same scenes, sketches, actors and characters over and over again, you began to realise that every show was pretty much the same, with just a few lines in the script changed and a different extra playing the part

I saw this a few times before, retarded.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

I'm not really a fan of British humour but their Daffyd The only Gay in the Village sketches are pretty funny.

Fiyenyaa's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Kleber View Post
    Yes, it did get repetitive. Shame, 'cos it used to be very funny. My favourite sketches were the ones in the Scottish hotel, I also liked Vicky Pollard and the "computer says no" one (can't remember how the character was called)
    That was my favourite one, too: shame they dropped it after the first series, though.

Like most people have said, it went on too long without any seriously new ideas: but it was good for a while.