Thread: Ambient Soundtrack

Default Ambient Soundtrack

A soundtrack with ambient sounds of nature and some human activity (no music). Something there is very little/none of in native.
    Meant to create a medieval atmosphere.

Very few soundeffects. If you fight long enough at the arena you might hear people shouting at you - courtesy of Rejenorst
    And staying at the tavern for more than 30 sec. you'll hear some chattering. other than that: birds, wind, animals...

Anyway, hard to describe in words. I hope some will like it.

(If you know the ambient anti-soundtrack, you'll notice many similar sounds, but there are also some new samples in this)

How to install:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There are two ways:
    1. Replace the existing soundtrack: by placing the music folder in the mount&blade directory, and click yes to overwriting.
    IMPORTANT: Make a backup of the original music folder if you wish to keep it.
    2. To install the soundtrack in one particular mod, then do as follows:
    - open the 'module.ini' file in the mod you wish to install Ambient Soundtrack into.
    - find the line that says:

scan_module_sounds = 0

Replace the 0 with a 1 - like so:

scan_module_sounds = 1

Remember to save.
    - Place the music.txt in the mod and say yes to overwriting.
    - Finally place the music files in the 'music' folder in the mod. Play the mod and listen.

Technical info:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Composed, produced and recorded with Cubase, using:
    royalty free samples/soundeffects by:
    www.soundsnap.com,
    a sample by TheWitcher
    and a few personal recordings.
    Recorded in ogg. vorbis format 32 bit 44.100 khz. Stereo.
    Sound quality of samples varies...

Credits:
    TheWitcher (not the game) for ideas and some sound effects.
    MrRoy for technical assistance on installation.
    Rejenorst Media for vocals in taverns and arena tracks.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Default Re: Ambient Soundtrack

Nice work Adorno, I nearly always play without music in Native because it's more realistic, but with these sound effects I can leave the music on, and enjoy even more realism.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ambient Soundtrack

Definitely will make running around the village countryside more enjoyable. Those peasants are so bland and boring....