Thread: Major RTW Problem

Legio XX Valeria Victrix's Avatar Great Scott!

Default Major RTW Problem

I'm having a major problem.

I recently ran a spyware scan, and deleted all the files that came up as spyware. The problem is, I think I royally screwed myself in the process by deleting some important files, and I have no idea what is happening.

I started the game, and I got an error saying that the settlement plan underlay for the eastern imperial palace was missing. I tried to search for it, no good. So I decided to uninstall RTW and try again. Bad idea. I uninstalled without anything weird happening, but I tried to re-install, and as it was loading the install program i got an error saying "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". Happens every time I try to install. As of right now, I can't install anything, RTW included.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

"For what is the life of a man, if it is not interwoven with the life of former generations by a sense of history?" - Cicero

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

Depending on what registry cleaner you ran, it is very possible you screwed yourself. This exactly is why RegClean is recommended. It's made by Microsoft so it won't screw your Windows install.
    Anyway, The reg cleaner you used SHOULD have made a backup somewhere. You should look for it in the folder where the program is located. If you can find one, restore it.
    If not, I assume you're running XP, so, Go to your Control Panel and look for "Program Updates". It has a sort of water ripple looking icon. This is the updater for Installshield. Run it. Try again.
    You may have to manually uninstall R:TW to get it to work correctly(Delete the R:TW folder in C:/Program Files./Run MS RegClean) If you're MAJORLY screwed, try using the XP install disk to restore the registry.

ummm...anything else I missed?

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

I had a similar problem , tired every thing cleaned out the InstallShield registry , but in the end has I had to backup everything on my comp and do a system restart , I hope you don’t have to do the same , it’s a real pain ….
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Legio XX Valeria Victrix's Avatar Great Scott!

Thanks for the tips, guys. As it happened, and I have no idea why, I shut the computer down, and started it back up 5 minutes later, and it worked fine...

Thanks, though.

"For what is the life of a man, if it is not interwoven with the life of former generations by a sense of history?" - Cicero