Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Sub-Mod] Sons of the Dannebrog for APE:TI

Vicarius

Default Re: [Sub-Mod] Sons of the Dannebrog for APE:TI

I did a quick custom battle to test it and mass fire worked again
    I still cannot recruit Hvide Ørn though. If I in the campaign go to technologies and right click naval shore facilities, and from where it says "enables building of:" right click dockyard, it says that it enables the recruitment of Hvide Ørn. If I, however, build a dockyard or right click a dockyard from the buildingsbrowser without having built it, Hvide Ørn is not listed among the ships I can recruit from it.
    Member of S.I.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I did a quick custom battle to test it and mass fire worked again
    I still cannot recruit Hvide Ørn though. If I in the campaign go to technologies and right click naval shore facilities, and from where it says "enables building of:" right click dockyard, it says that it enables the recruitment of Hvide Ørn. If I, however, build a dockyard or right click a dockyard from the buildingsbrowser without having built it, Hvide Ørn is not listed among the ships I can recruit from it.
    It's only recruitable in Sweden. Is that where you're trying to recruit it? Might as well note that the Dannebrog is only recruitable in Denmark.

Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    It's only recruitable in Sweden. Is that where you're trying to recruit it? Might as well note that the Dannebrog is only recruitable in Denmark.
    Ah, my mistake then. Should have thought about that. After all, it was there it was built, so that makes sense.
    Member of S.I.N.

Vicarius

It seems that Mass fire only works in custom battles, not in GC. I haven't seen it once in my campaing, and I just did several test campaigns were I attacked the enemy the first turn to see if anyone fired with mass fire. No one did.
    Member of S.I.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    It seems that Mass fire only works in custom battles, not in GC. I haven't seen it once in my campaing, and I just did several test campaigns were I attacked the enemy the first turn to see if anyone fired with mass fire. No one did.

Vicarius

Not to complain or anything; I love your mod and you have been very helpful, but aren't you forgetting something? Like writing anything in your post
    Member of S.I.N.

Default Have some problems with "modding" here.

Heyho

I downloaded APE:TI and installed it...
    After that I worked about 4 hours to mod my perfect ETW. (You know, I had to change things with the PFM so I have a minimum of conflicts! Especially deleting all the militia textures from faction retextures, so the spanky's proper militia mod won't have conflicts!)

Now I actually stumbled across a problem and I don't know what step to take.

So everything was fine. I installed sound mods, tons of skin mods and the APE:TI compatible AUM mod. But then I also wanted the Sons of Danneborg-Mod.

So I installed it as the readme of that mod said. I had to delete the modcore and loc from the original APE:TI.

Three things: Firstly, the modcore of SoD don't show the APE:TI-Logo, which made me sad. Not a major problem, but still, how can I port the Logo from the original mod-core into the Sons of-mod core?

Second thing is, that in the SoD-mod core, some minor factions aren't playable anymore, e.g. louisana or thirteen colonies.

Number three is, that since I installed the Danneborg loc file, it must have overridden the loc file from AUM. Now all the AUM-Units are screwed in the sense of they don't have names and descriptions.

How can I perfectly round those things up? I just need this last problem solved, so I can finally enjoy a proper Empire

Also sorry, if there are threads about this already. I am very tired and not feeling capable of searching through the forums. Also mabye I made some mistakes myself or viewed something wrong.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

I am not sure if APE: TI+SoD+AUM will work because all three use customs locs and while APE: TI+SoD and APE: TI+AUM works, there is no compatibility between SoD's and AUM's loc files.

I moved this here -- Swiss will most likely come across this at some point, we'll see if he is interested in helping make a compatibility loc or something like that!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

I'm running in to some problems here. Installed "Sons of Danneborg APE:TI" (APE:TI 1.0.5+SotDv0.5.1). So far everything looks fine. No problems with installation and no CTD - game looks rock solid. However, my Danish units have no screen names and many have no long unit descriptions!

Has anyone experienced the same?

S'janten
    Last edited by TW-MOD FANATIC; August 08, 2009 at 05:06 AM.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Alas! for the poor localisation compatibility of this game. Make sure you have no other packs that contain localisation files (including APE:TI)...

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

@alpaca, thx for the tip. Reinstalled experimented a bit and then deleted the following files:

1) patch_is_text.pack
    2) patch_en.pack
    3) AProperEmpireTerraIncognita-Localisation.pack

And now every thing seems to be working ....

S'janten

Hello

thank you. Very nice mod ! just downloaded and installed it - it looks fine so far. There is just one thing that I noticed the building and recruitment cost is way too high. for an example recruitment cost of linieinfanteri is 1921 and a college costs 5000. It seems like everything costs about 2 or 3 times more than before.

So I hope I have just made a stupid mistake or something so someone can correct me? or else someone might have experienced the same problem as me?

btw I checked Great Britain and I had the same problem.

thank you again for the mod

Quote Originally Posted by Borg View Post
    Hello

thank you. Very nice mod ! just downloaded and installed it - it looks fine so far. There is just one thing that I noticed the building and recruitment cost is way too high. for an example recruitment cost of linieinfanteri is 1921 and a college costs 5000. It seems like everything costs about 2 or 3 times more than before.

So I hope I have just made a stupid mistake or something so someone can correct me? or else someone might have experienced the same problem as me?

Things are much more expensive in APE:TI. Are you sure that's not the problem?

Those prices you are seeing at accurate. If you are having difficulty, I suggest you search how to edit the pref file to make things easier. APE:TI is meant to challenge the player. Money problems are always a challenge. *_* College students ftl. -_-

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Move your ministers around!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by Borg View Post
    Hello

Once you get used to it they are fine. The idea is that you should make a decision on what to build, not just build everything automatically. If it overly bothers you, there's a vanilla version of the Sons of the Dannebrog

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Default Very very Slow AI Turn?

Very, very very long AI TURN!

Gentlemen: I an experiencing very long AI turns in my campaign. APE: TI-SoD "1774" in takes the AI around 12 minutes to finish its turn (not battle mode). I know, I can make coffee, vacuum my apartment etc. etc. However, it gets a bit boring...

Am I the only one with this problem?

PS: I'm on a intel i7 920, P6T SE, 6G DDR-3, ASUS EN 9600GT + 2TB .... so I should be, ok

S'janten

yeah vanilla problem sometimes the ai gets so big that it takes them a while before they move all their troops, ships around

lol i love the mod intro post

Default A sesperate request!

lol.. it's a Desperate request.. typo sorry!
    Hello people!
    Even though there are hundreds of great tutorials made by the best modders on this forum, I'm still failing time and time again to make the city of Genoa a major city. I follow the tutorials step by step and I still can't manage..

So I finally decided to send out a desperate cry of help, please! Could someone plz make a small mod where Genoa can sit amongst the great cities of Europe where she belongs.. I will be forever grateful! You will gain the status of Man-God and I will name my first born son after you!

I'm using the latest APE:TI and the Sons of the Dannebrog mod..

I have attached my regions and startpos esf files.. I know this is as low as I can go.. I'm sorry!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast