Thread: Are Player Generals Supposed To Be Immobile?

Default Are Player Generals Supposed To Be Immobile?

My best general in my current XC Roman campaign seems to have gained the Immobile trait. He can only move one tile per turn, and does not have any traits that explain such a drastic loss of movement points. I looked through export_descr_character_traits and found Immobile, which I see is also hidden, so I think it is this trait he has picked up.

My search of the forums indicated that this was a trait created to keep the Indie Greek Generals from leaving their cities. Are player generals supposed to get it as well? Or is this a bug?

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Are Player Generals Supposed To Be Immobile?

The immobile trait would leave him with no movement at all. Your problem might be caused by Suppanut's logistics and supply traits.

I'll move this to the XC forum anyway.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Which version are you using?
    Suppanut should have fixed this in the latest version already...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I do not think it was the supply traits, because he had On The Border and Fully Supplied when it started.

I am using 3.2.1, with the Alexander executable. I see there is a 3.2.3 out now, maybe I should try that instead? I will download it and give it a whirl.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Appearance of supply and territory traits may deceptive as I use hidden traits for game mechanism. I suggest you to use latest ET for XC may fix it.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

I went back to an older save where it was not happening, and now have upgraded to XC 3.2.3. So far so good.

I need to update the traits I think. Unfortunately, often times the latest trait updates are not save-compatible due to how the file is set up for Extended Cultures.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

I just had the same thing happen again to the same general. Is there anything in his traits that look like they might be causing this?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It looks like I am going to have to start a new campaign, since this bug keeps coming back to haunt me.

I think what is happening is that in the ET currently in Extended Cultures, negative movement can accumulate with no way of being removed. Suppanut has released a fixed version, but it breaks save compatibility. If you want to install it (quite easy, just drag and drop), the attached folder should be the latest version of Ethnic Traits for Extended Cultures. Hopefully, you won't get any problems using that.

I added a patch with the new traits to the download page; use that.
    Last edited by CaesarVincens; June 20, 2009 at 10:47 PM.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.