Thread: Minor nation campaigns?

Default Minor nation campaigns?

I was just thinking that I'd like to play a campaign as Denmark, or maybe one of the Native American tribes. Is there something out there on the great seas of the internets I could DL and add to my game to do this that is compatible with TROM? And if not, wouldn't it be a fairly simple addition for a future version of TROM? As far as I can tell, each of these minor factions already has a unit roster and leaders and relations with the other nations of the world, so all it would take for each is a short historical backstory and some campaign objectives for each type of campaign. And then the Knights of St John can take over the Mediterranean!

Default Re: Minor nation campaigns?

And then the Knights of St John can take over the Mediterranean!
    That would a challenge....

Malta has no revenue towns, a warship yard and a modest navy and army.

The main thing that keeps the AI propped up is the 3k per turn it gets as a make up for being a typically stupid AI.

Without that.....

IMO, I'd go for Corsica first, then Sardinia to secure the only islands in the region and can't really be invaded. But then again, having Genoa, Spain and France at war with you, pretty much the majority of the Western Med, might not be all that wise.

If only Sicily, Crete and Cyprus weren't just tacked onto Eurasia you could grab them to. Funny enough when I played Britain in MTWII I'd take all the Med islands as FOBs and then grab weaker regions in the area like the Crimea to expand inland.

Nonetheless, it's something I'd really like to try out one day, might need a trainer for cash in the early part, but then again maybe not.

To answer your Q there's this submod for TROM:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260070

No idea if it's update with the latest TROM releases, prolly not.

Edit: Yeah, its a startpos that the OP made that dates back to May 17th....

Yet another thing CA messed up, was far better when all you did was edit a ini to get every faction. I loved playing SPQR and having my legions run around in Tyrian Purple.
    Last edited by Beastro; June 18, 2009 at 01:10 PM.