View Poll Results: Shal Romano-Dacis become a Civitate?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [PASSED 06/27/09] [Civitate] Romano-Dacis (Patron: Voltaire le Philosophe)

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Default [PASSED 06/27/09] [Civitate] Romano-Dacis (Patron: Voltaire le Philosophe)

Client: Romano-DacisI am humbled by your [Voltaire's] invitation to join this elevated group. I believe it was Demosthenes who wrote "everyone is a barbarian to someone else." Let's face it: Demosthenes was an idiot. The only real BARBARIANS are non-citizens, barely worthy of your gracious attention. I come to you now as a barbarian, but one which has learned to value your ways and hopes to even propagate your teachings among "my people." I am a true veteran of the Vestigia Vetustasis, a frequent contributor on the mudpit, and currently working on some mods as a researcher, in particular Tsardoms: Total War. I am honored by your nomination and endorsement and await to join your ranks, to fight on the frontiers of TWCenter civilization!

I am a barbarian no more,

Romano

Patron: Voltaire le Philosophe Romano-Dacis is a valuable member of our community. His contributions are far reaching in the historical field, ranging from the VV to the contributions to mods like Tsardoms. In the Mudpit, as in the rest of the CC, his posts are mostly focused on local Romanian issues, where he gives a valuable, despite slightly controversial, insight.
    Last edited by Soulghast; June 18, 2009 at 03:05 AM.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Patrician

Default Re: [Civitate] Romano-Dacis (Patron: Voltaire le Philosophe)

He has a long history of posts in VV as noted by his patron. I would not say that I found any great history information by reading the sampled posts however. D&D out of the Mudpit seems to be more the flavor. A great deal involved in the epic moderation threads regarding Hungary, Romania, and related neighbors. Some of his posts have been deleted as trollish, but I think that goes with the territory for his intersts in the forum. He has what seems to be an acceptable debating style and he is active.

The applicant has stated working as a researcher on some mods, but I have not looked yet on this area.

I am leaning for a yes based on the D&D posts in VV, but ...
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.

Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

I was actually thinking of patronizing him a while ago. I think he might have had an infraction that was yet to expire though at the time. Overall he's a very constructive poster who formulates his arguments well. I haven't encountered him perhaps as much as D&D councilors but when I visit the VV I find his contribution to generally be positive.

His contributions are indeed positive, but they are nothing that really blow me away. If I vote yes it will end up being an acknowledgment of his consistent, slightly above average posting habits in the VV. I do like the fact that it seems he has gone from being a trouble maker and turned into a rule abiding member.

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

The VV posting is pretty good he can be sligtly agressive at points but then again so do many other citizens so it is not something to hold againest him. It looks good to me I 'll vote yes.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Civitate

I do like the debaters and he is one I recognise as a positive and long time contributor to the D&d. He's gone through some transformations and I think overall, taking all factors into account, is deserving of the badge. Any trouble can be dealt with in future.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Went through some of his post history, and I find great interest in the information in imparts, and the way in which he does so is excellent as well. The views of you guys seem to be mostly in accordance with my thoughts, so I believe a yes is in order for him.

I love this guys paragraph... I take it the infraction is old enough not to be an issue?

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by the Black Prince View Post
    I love this guys paragraph... I take it the infraction is old enough not to be an issue?
    I checked my MSN convo logs, I had mentioned his name on April 6th, at which time I noted he had an infraction roughly ~4 months ago, so it would be past 6 months by now if I was correct in that. Since Ponti didn't mention it though I imagine this to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by the Black Prince View Post
    Long expired.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Went randomly thorugh his posts and was not overly impressed, but will take a closer look. I usually look at older posts first so will take a look at some newer ones.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Poll added.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Civitate

I may disagree with him and clash with him, but I think he is good. It's a yes.

Patrician

I still have not found anything of substance for the claim on historian for modding. There seems to be no comments on this from the other councilors. I will assume that any activity must be minor for the purposes of the application. I relain postive based upon the D&D and I shall vote yes.

I've always been impressed with his posts in the DD, he is one of the few reasonable posters in Serbia/Balkans/etc threads. A definite yes.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I came around after seeing his later posts but still not a strong yes from me.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

His posts in the VV seem to be above average and he has contributed a lot to various debates. I'll give him a yes.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

The breadth of his knowledge is evident just from the variety of topics he posts in and he presents his arguments in a well worded manner. I'll vote yes.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Passed.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin