Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: SigniferOne's Animations Pack

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Awesome work.
    It is fun and beautiful to see the greeks fight now.
    Haven't tried campaign map yet, maybe I should wait.

Does this mod interfere with any of the other mods like the last version? You know like when you're on the campaign map and when you siege a city, the character goes crazy?

Opifex

Well yes, for now, because of a bug in XIDX that I think Verci will shortly fix. I will be releasing an updated version of this pack shortly after.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

SigniferOne, your fs_s1_archer animation is messed up a little. In one archer unit, I have some archers firing at the target I specified and the other archers firing sideways killing my own men. I think they do that because when they're facing one direction and I order them to fire in a different direction, their feet don't move at all and their upper body twists in a weird way so that their upper body is facing one way while their feet is facing the other. I'll try to get a pic to show you.

Edit: Ok heres two pics showing some archers firing straight towards the target while the other ones, which are circled, are firing sideways.

Last edited by Trajan; June 08, 2005 at 05:16 AM.

Hey Sig, great work with the animations!

The only thing I can't get working are the hoplite animations. I followed the ReadMe and whenever I got into a custom battle I created with Greeks facing Parhians, they'll raise the spear over their heads, but as the lines meet, the game will CTD.

If there's anyone whose gotten them to work, would you be so kind and e-mail me your export_descr_unit to HunterKYA@yahoo.com.

I went back to the original "fs_fast_archer" animation and some archers are still firing sideways. It seems that the problem is not only the "fs_s1_archer" animation but the whole animation pack itself that is causing the archer firing sideways bug.

Opifex

There might be a number of game-wise small glitches due to a bug in XIDX, the anims importing program Vercingetorix wrote. So stay tuned, as soon as he issues an update I will release a new version too.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Hakkapeliitta's Avatar Senator
    Dark side of the Moooooon (where the cows are)

After I installed the mod I started a game as the Greeks and when I fought the Romans with Pyrrhus, his elephants were just crazy! They roam around at 80km/h at least and totally disrupted my formations and they just wouldn't stop. I also was unable to assault a city with them because they wont stop roaming around. I don't remember having this issue ever before, and when I edited the text files for this animation mod edit any of the archer units.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakkapeliitta
    After I installed the mod I started a game as the Greeks and when I fought the Romans with Pyrrhus, his elephants were just crazy! They roam around at 80km/h at least and totally disrupted my formations and they just wouldn't stop. I also was unable to assault a city with them because they wont stop roaming around. I don't remember having this issue ever before, and when I edited the text files for this animation mod edit any of the archer units.
    Like the last post that SigniferOne made, there are a few bugs caused by the XIDX. Vercingetorix has already fixed this problem so SigniferOne should be releasing an update later on today.

SignifierOne can I use it it any mods that I am involved in or make, thanks, PM or email me the answer, and if we use your pack we will give you full credit in the readme file

It would be greatly appreciated

Julius

Thanks SigniferOne for the .65 beta update. Everything should be working fine now. I haven't checked out the archers yet but I'm sure that the firing sideways bug is fixed. Thanks again for this animation mod.

Opifex

Doh I was trying to be low key about it, hence no big public announcement. I REALLY need someone to help me host the mod, as my quota is almost exceeded.

For most people, please don't download this version until I make an announcement saying that I have new hosting for the download.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne
    Doh I was trying to be low key about it, hence no big public announcement. I REALLY need someone to help me host the mod, as my quota is almost exceeded.

For most people, please don't download this version until I make an announcement saying that I have new hosting for the download.
    Damn, that’s why you didn't announce it. I'm truly sorry man, I just wanted to post how much I appreciate the animations and the work you put in it.

Opifex

np So, you gonna help me host it right?

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

If you need this hosted I can host on my PC until you get a better server... Free and as much bandwidth as I can dish out.

Use a free file hosting server like www.rapidshare.de ... it's completely free, doesn't have many adds, has no limit, doesn't need a registration to upload or download. They only problem is that they stop hosting (delete) the file after a month of inactivity (no downloads).

Thanks a lot for the animations, they are awesome

Thank you for fixing campaign-issue.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Opifex

Great news everyone! The TWC Downloads section is up again, so go ahead and download the mod and enjoy it!

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Great pack I am beyond thrilled. What do we needt o adjust so that sides and rear of hoplites are weaker? Armour?

Opifex

Hmmm that's still something for me to test out. I think a good solution might be to lower non-shield armor stats across the board, and raise shield stats.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams