Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: SigniferOne's Animations Pack

maximusminimus's Avatar Biarchus

Gotta check this out, looks like all what we've been waiting for.

Download V. 1.0 here
    Discussion and updates here

Opifex

Hi everyone,

Please make sure to report back here your comments, and things you would like to improve (for example in gladius and hoplite skeletons).

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

When hoplites turn to the right they hold their spears around the wrong way. That's about it.

its bloody good signifer, gladius is nearly perfect, hoplites seem to all surge foreward tho which is wierd, and maybe just make the attack animation look like it has more of a"wack" to it. i think you should try doing sword cavalry next the animations are a bit crap for them so it could do with your touch

Average British Student

Amazing work signiferone, just downloaded so could play rtw 1.5 on my laptop aswell

Congrats again

wipeout140

plasticfigurine's Avatar Ducenarius

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like in the hoplite animation, troops hold their spears too high. I was under the impression that soldiers held their spears just above their shoulder. Also, do you take suggestions for new animations too, Sig? If so, how about an overhand spear cavalry anim?

EDIT: No, I'm wrong about the hoplite anim. It's fine. How about pointing the spear lower when in the ready position, though?

Opifex

Ilias, you mean when they charge?

plasticfigurine, I believe EB already has cavalry overhand animations. As for minute adjustments such as the one you proposed... it will take a lot of work. Any adjustments to the overall STANCE mean that any animations that come out of that stance or go into that stance have to be modified also. In the ready animation's case in particular, that would mean having to modify well about 20 animations, just to make that one little change.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne
    As for minute adjustments such as the one you proposed... it will take a lot of work. Any adjustments to the overall STANCE mean that any animations that come out of that stance or go into that stance have to be modified also. In the ready animation's case in particular, that would mean having to modify well about 20 animations, just to make that one little change.
    Wow, I have a new-found respect for all animators (not that I didnt have any before :wink: ). Abot the spear, it's really no big deal...just a nit-pick, thats all.

Foederatus

I love you Sig...

no i just mean in general they dont look like theyre putting enough effort into it, like they should pull back and push a bit further if that makes sense? also the sword cavalry has no charge anim

O'brien the Protector's Avatar Lord of the Mannequins

these animations wont work with 1.2? I was hoping to install them into EB .
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    -(Under the patronage of the humble, yet all powerful Lord Sephiroth.)-Royal House of the Black Prince

Lord of the Mannequins~Protector of Happiness, Bishop of Liberty, Guard of Hypocracy, Patriarch of Duality,O'briantheProtector(OBP)

Sig, Sexy animations, My hat's off to you man

To whoever wants overhand Companion hold, this goes to you (Don't remember who asked?)
    Companions shouldn't use the overhand as they were using a lance, and as Ptolemy has written, they held it one hand underarm, like a lanceeeeeeeeeeeeee. lol Lancers had a sarissae since they were lighter than Companions, and Alexander tried to compensate by giving them a sarissae, which according to Arrian could have been used also by Companions.

The new animations are excellent! Congratulations Sig.

Thanks for the new animation pack. It's about time to put my RTW install back together again and finally get a chance to try these new animations. Beware Rome...Numidia is about to get some elephant javelinmen to go along with the regular forest elephants I've already added to them.

Nice! The elephant javelinmen worked well in their first outing for me. RTW suddenly feels more well rounded...with chariot javelinmen and elephant javelinmen and fewer archers. I'm looking forward to trying the other animations.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    When hoplites turn to the right they hold their spears around the wrong way. That's about it.
    Yes, I've noticed that, there is a frame or two where the spear tip inverts. Looks great otherwise. Too bad that shield_wall doesn't work inside RTW and has to be done within BI. Great animation though.

Hi having a problem with the anims, I've done everything explained and every time i load i get a ctd, so i added -show err to shortcut and it sez it cant find FS_S1_ARCHER, so i changed Descr_Model_Battle Archers to normal and ran RTW again, this time it was FS_S1_Barbswordsman I have tried all different anims and all have the same problem.
    i have placed all the files in the right place and tbh i have no idea why they are not working any help would be greatly aprieciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Torte
    Hi having a problem with the anims, I've done everything explained and every time i load i get a ctd, so i added -show err to shortcut and it sez it cant find FS_S1_ARCHER, so i changed Descr_Model_Battle Archers to normal and ran RTW again, this time it was FS_S1_Barbswordsman I have tried all different anims and all have the same problem.
    i have placed all the files in the right place and tbh i have no idea why they are not working any help would be greatly aprieciated.
    It has to do with capitalization. I had the same problems when I first got the pack. Every letter should be lowercase. For example 'FS_S1_ARCHER' should be 'fs_s1_archer'. Hope this helps

ta very much works fine now

and dont i feel a bit dumb lol

Opifex

In regards to turning, I have turned off my custom turn animations for all of my new skeletons, so vanilla animations are used instead. Modifying turn (or walk/run) animations introduces buggy behavior into the game, due to how Verc's current version of XIDX works.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams