Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: SigniferOne's Animations Pack

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by rayzzz
    is 0.71 beta the most current animation pack?
    Yes it is. It's too bad we cant mix it with RTR 6.0.

damn! no wonder when i tried it with rtr 6.0 it didnt work............... Do u have to use all the animations on the pack or you can choose?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastG33
    ~Shivers~ That would truly be a stunning change, and you would obviously be loved and remembered by the RTW community for all of time.
    Its very difficult to do the true macedonian phalanx (I have tried) because the second arm would simply have to move along with it, it could not be pushing of RTW wont work!, so youd need a new animation for every model to make it work!

i managed to make it work with RTR 6.0 but it was alot of work bcause the pack dosent include alot of RTR's animations so i had to change them to ones that were there.

Foederatus

Sig, your gladius animation ran too fast...faster than archers or slingers. how to fix this?

Opifex

Guys after I get back home and take a look at what RTR has, then I'll see what I can do with RTR 6.0.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Hi SigniferOne,
    did you see my PM about using your animations?
    Please let me know your opinion.
    Thanks.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by luigi777
    i managed to make it work with RTR 6.0 but it was alot of work bcause the pack dosent include alot of RTR's animations so i had to change them to ones that were there.
    So RTR 6 uses own custom animations? Didn't played a lot rtr until now, I had no idea O_O
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Virgil's Avatar Powered by Technicolor©

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne
    Guys after I get back home and take a look at what RTR has, then I'll see what I can do with RTR 6.0.
    does this mean you are going to make it so the overhand hoplite animations compatible with RTR 6.0?
    Patron to Shadows, The White Knight, Darkragnar, and
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia. Under the patronage of Horsearcher.

Hello SignifeOne,

I have tried your animation pack 0.71 and it was really good!........however, my roman legions and my archers tend to run "like hell" when I just command them to walk to a certain location --- and I can't make them just walk: the run/walk toggle button doesn't work anymore --- all these happened when I downloaded your animation pack. So, reverted to the original animation...but I really like to use your mod.

Can you please help?.....by the way, I didn't use any upgrade patch: I just run my game out of the box (v1.0).

Regards,
    "LET THE DICE FLY HIGH !!!"........ - Caesar before crossing the Rubicon into Rome in the book CAESAR by Coleen McCullough.

This happen (for your archers) because you have not the patch 1.2 installed.
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Foederatus

giving legions the gladius animations, they now have the 'fast' tag...and run with the speed of light skirmishers...
    is this correct? with all that armour...

Quote Originally Posted by zukenft
    giving legions the gladius animations, they now have the 'fast' tag...and run with the speed of light skirmishers...
    is this correct? with all that armour...
    Mhm...never noticed it, but you're right. It's also mentioned in the unit description...."fast moving"....damn it.
    GODzilla(TM)

Yah he is right I just compared and they ran as fast as Archers.

Sig this needs to be fixed as it unbalances everything?> Any ETA if you will fix this?

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Hey Sig,

I hope you can give this one a good fix...............I really enjoy seeing my legionaries do the "stabbing attack" without the "scurrying up" motion.

I'll be waiting, Sig! Thank you!
    "LET THE DICE FLY HIGH !!!"........ - Caesar before crossing the Rubicon into Rome in the book CAESAR by Coleen McCullough.

Opifex

Um guys, my animations cannot affect attributes of a unit, so if it says 'fast moving', then that is a problem with the unit's attributes, not with the animation, so by taking out that attribute the speed should slow down. And about all other problems, please make sure you have version 1.2 of RTW, as my pack is not supported for the previous and more buggy versions.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Virgil's Avatar Powered by Technicolor©

But sig, ARE you going to make your wonderful anims compatable with RTR6.0?
    Patron to Shadows, The White Knight, Darkragnar, and
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia. Under the patronage of Horsearcher.

Hey Sig!

I really need help.....I want to play using your mod. I have JUST downloaded 1.2patch (from Julius_Caesar/Horsearcher). I patched my game.

Then here's what I did:

1)....I overwrite the 4 animation files in the Data/animations folder with the one from your animationpack0.71
    2)...then, in the descr_model_battle.txt, I also overwrite the line: fs_swordsman of the legionary unit (in my case the roman_legionary_cohort_ii) with your fs_s1_gladius.

I saved them up.......I even restarted my pc........

I fired up my RTW to play.....then I went to Custom battles to try and see the effects of the animation: BUT STILL my legionaries keep on running even if I command them to walk (single click) in a certain location.

Please tell me if there are other things I overlooked to change in the game......I really like your animation pack.....

Thank you.

Sig, I dont have any attributes enabled and they Legions run and move as fast as the fast archers. There is something up with the animation, it does need a fix. Other units are fine like fast barbarians and barbarians bu the gladius animation must have be wrote on one of the fast animation files because they have the speed of a light unit which unbalances all the roman units that use it. The only otehr course is to remove use of this WONDERFUL animation. Is there anyway the speed can be fixed in a quick time or is it that hard? I dont know as I dont edit animations.

I just know that I didnt notice it until he mentioned it and when I checked he is correct. its related to the animation.

P.S. You cann not remove the fast moving statement as it looks at the animation to state that, so the logical option is it was built on a fast animation or the files where taking from a fast animation.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    Sig, I dont have any attributes enabled and they Legions run and move as fast as the fast archers. There is something up with the animation, it does need a fix. Other units are fine like fast barbarians and barbarians bu the gladius animation must have be wrote on one of the fast animation files because they have the speed of a light unit which unbalances all the roman units that use it. The only otehr course is to remove use of this WONDERFUL animation. Is there anyway the speed can be fixed in a quick time or is it that hard? I dont know as I dont edit animations.

I just know that I didnt notice it until he mentioned it and when I checked he is correct. its related to the animation.

P.S. You cann not remove the fast moving statement as it looks at the animation to state that, so the logical option is it was built on a fast animation or the files where taking from a fast animation.

Lt
    Correct. The fast moving ability is noting you can give a unit via entries in the export:descr_unit.txt. It just depends on the animation. If you give them a "fs_fast_xxx" animation, the "fast moving" shows up in the description. If you give them a normal animation, the "fast moving" disappers from the description.

So I guess you accidentically build your new animation around one of the "fs_fast_xxx" animations.

BUT: SigOne, before inserting new bugs (I know it's difficult, I don't criticize your knowledge :wink: ) I vote for changing nothing. Only if you're sure it's an easy thing to correct it, you should do it. But - speaking for myself - I can totally life with this little defect :original: .
    GODzilla(TM)