Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: SigniferOne's Animations Pack

Perhaps if you would like to play with it to perfection, let they hang their swords on belt before they come to the battle :) Btw, have you thought about new axe and a two-handed sword animations? fs_swordsman and fs_2handed are extremely unrealistic, especially that weird battle stance with vertically held weapon... I tried your barbarian swordsman but it is weird with axemen too. Axe battle stance is usual with the weapon on right arm while covering the left side with shield.

Opifex

I will be going away for five weeks people, so I hope you will be satisfied with my pack for now. I'll be back just around the time of the expansion, which is cool

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne
    I will be going away for five weeks people, so I hope you will be satisfied with my pack for now. I'll be back just around the time of the expansion, which is cool
    If you're going away on vacation, what a great way to come back with the expanison out. Have you're self a good time Sig. You're 7.1 animation pack will keep me more than busy until BI comes out.

Enjoy the vacation, you deserve it for the good work ;D

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne
    Yea, if there's one person that really deserve vacation....it would be not only you . But nevertheless: Have a great time!

BTW: Expansion in 5 weeks? Ehrm....really? I thought this would take longer....
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla
    Yea, if there's one person that really deserve vacation....it would be not only you . But nevertheless: Have a great time!

BTW: Expansion in 5 weeks? Ehrm....really? I thought this would take longer....
    It's coming out in Sept. Not sure when exactly but CA confirmed a Sept. release. When I reserved my copy, they told me it would come out in October, which made me happy because I wanted CA to take their time with it but September seems fine with me.

Well its good news and bad, good news is the CTD problem was a coincidence with my install of his animations, bad news its something up with my system and this game. :-( Even the vanilla is CTD during battles only on campaign battles its wierd. But I think my Video card or CPU may be over heating during gameplay and causing a glitch. I tried reversing drivers etc. No go. Good news is I can still work on the mod and have it working and ok for everyone escept myself. lol So hopefullly I will get these issues resolved. I shelves RTW for a while and always redo my system OS every 2 months. I'll be having to trouble shoot it for a while.

I'm glad its not the pack because I love the new animations, my only hope is that he makes a chariot javelin also.

Thanks guys,

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

two handed barb sword, cavalry overhand charge, two wepons, lancer elephants :p, proper chariots, ducking/dodging and last but not least FLYING PEOPLE!

Quick question about the Triarii

Are you supposed to/able to give the Triarii the fs_s1_gladius animation? It looks strange when my Legion is standing there no wild cheering, yet as the third line (the Triarii) is cheering like a barbarian would.

Oh and also, can someone list all the units that use Phalanx (with their descr_model_battle listing?). I have it modded so that every unit that is supposed to have phalanx, doesn't have it, and no secondary sword, but I haven't given them all the fs_s1_hoplite animation, because I don't know every singe unit that uses the Phalanx. I belive that has something to do with the CTD's I've been getting since I tried the removing the sword and phalanx ability.
    Last edited by Sole Survivor; July 16, 2005 at 07:58 PM.

Virgil's Avatar Powered by Technicolor©

Hey signifer. . .

I have come to realize that somewhere along the line, the hoplite animation seems to have become fouled up again.

Firstly, when they charge, they all hold their spears backwards again.

Secondly, when they attack, the spear changes from from to back, especially when the hoplite draws back his spear.

lastly, when the hoplite is struck, the spear also flips around.

I have the latest version. Please tell me whats going on...

edit- i also tried it in .65 and it happens, though to a lesser extent (mostly when struck)
    Last edited by Virgil; July 19, 2005 at 01:06 AM.
    Patron to Shadows, The White Knight, Darkragnar, and
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia. Under the patronage of Horsearcher.

Found answer.

Coulda linked me, Prof. Had to search through a few pages to find the answer.
    Last edited by BeastG33; July 19, 2005 at 11:21 AM.

and i have told him the same a few pages ago and he already answered it...
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Quote Originally Posted by Prof
    and i have told him the same a few pages ago and he already answered it...
    yes, thats true. But that was on the third page and was a few versions ago. I had come to believe that it was a totally new skeleton in this latest pack. He told us about new charges and blocks and a whole slew of things. Now if I am mistaken and it is still the javelinman .cas, then I know what the problem is. I just thought it would be beneficsial to bring this up in case it was something he overlooked in his hard work.

the hoplite animations are supposed to be for hoplites Sole Survivor
    phalangities are fine with the macedonian phalanx.
    hoplites in vanilla:
    militia hoplite
    hoplite
    armoured hoplite
    spartan hoplite
    sacred band
    heavy spearmen
    egyptian hoplites should be phalangities
    spear warband phalanx is supposed to represent shield wall

phalagities:
    levy pikemen
    phalanx pikemen
    bronze shields
    silver shields
    royal pikemen

i know! I only use the hoplite animation on milita, regular, armored, and spartan hoplites. That is not the problem. The problem seems to be with the skeleton itself.

"Sole Survivor" that was directed to Sole Survivor not you hey! your using my hoplite skin! *is proud* i made a v2 that has the scales intervauling in a different pattern and i think it looks better that way, i suggest you use that.

yeah, those pics were from an earlier time, before i found v2. I use it now

@Chilly5

Yea, I figured it out shortly after I added -show_err to the end of the target line in the shortcut

Thanks though, cause if I hadn't found that -show_err thing, I would have been racking my brain (and files) for why said thing was happening.

Now, about those Triarii...

I dont think the triarii are supposed to have it. The gladius animation is for the legions, not the spearmen. The will either ctd or look really weird if you give it to them.