Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: SigniferOne's Animations Pack

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne
    As I noted in the readme and on the first post of this thread, the new skeleton for elephant javelinmen is called: fs_s1_forest_elephant_javelinrider. As for cheering, maybe you are exactly right, thanks for the suggestion.
    Yea, you're right, I didn't read the whole readme just this moment, but I catched up on it now :wink:.

There's a little typo in the readme that could be confusing: The first time you speak about the new elephant-javelinman-thing you typed "fs_s1_light_african_elephant" but as you know this skeleton does not exist :wink:.

Also I tested this a little bit: I used the greek_heavy_peltast as crew for the carthaginian_cataphract_elephant. It worked quite well. As for the range of the unit...you wrote in the readme that it has to be adjusted....this is not necessary. Because when you change the elephant crew in the export_descr_unit.txt you also have to change the weapon and damage from archery to javelin. So I just copied the two lines from the greek_heavy_peltast and the first line (stat_pri) always contains the weapon range.

Summary: When you take the values of a standard javelinmen for the elephant crew they always got the some range, which is quite perfect (not too far, not too close imho).

Tomorrow I will change all elephant crew into javelinmen, because I think elephants are even strong on their own, bowmen make them too superior. It seems more naturally to me that elephant crew threw javelins instead of shooting with the bow. Imagine how difficult it would be to fire an arrow over a distance of...let's say 500m from an elephant's back....impossible if you ask me. Also I guess elephant crew was not as good with the bow compared to eastern horse archers, who trained their whole life to fire while riding.

Ehrm....sorry for the novel :laughing: . Good night (at least to all mid-europeans)
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Great work! Thanks Sig.

will you make a 2-handed animation for the oikemen, too?
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Opifex

No, I explain the reasons a few times earlier in the thread.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

I am trying on that but not getting very far, it is very difficult because of the shield.

Julius

Ok guys, if you want to try the new javelinmen-on-elephant animation use my new mod:

http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/index.php?mod=589

I definitely prefer jevelinmen instead of archers on the elephants back ^^.
    GODzilla(TM)

Awsome pack Sig!

I was playing with it in SPQR and WOW what a difference, all the archers have the correct speed, plus the wonderful animations. ;-) Plus the Barbarians etc. The Elephant Javelin is Wonderful, too bad there wasnt one for the chariots as I think javelin would be better than Archers.

Works good on the elephants, but it does seem that the Javelins fire faster than the animations for throwing, but it is good enough for governement work. lol

Great pack, and thanks for letting me use it, its a dream come true!!

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

It definitely is a great animation pack Sig but how come the Romans never do the jumping animation you created?
    Last edited by Trajan; July 12, 2005 at 08:42 AM.

Going to try the new version in a sec sig. In the mean time, have you given any though to the idea I posted a while back? i.e. Romans advancing in guard mode with shields in front of them? That would look real sweet.

Please tell me its possible!

"In the time of battle the loss of innocent life is inevatiable... thats just fate"
    - Gatts, the Black Swordsman

Sig, I notice using the new Animations that During Battles I sometimes get a CTD with No error message. I only started having this happen when testing the new animations. The only animations being used during the battle was the Archers, Hoplite Animations.

Hope this helps. I never had crashes to desktop without an error before unless it was a DDS file. lol I noticed this problem, but I am not SURE if its ALL the time or only when a paticular part of the animation is used. I will have to do MANY battles to see if its random or all the time. If its random I plan on using them anyway because its worth a ctd no and then for those wonderful animations. But just as long as its not consistant. It may be more noticeable in SPQR since battles last MUCH longer tahn in the vanilla and other mods. But should be evident in the first 10 minutes, assuming it can be duplicated easy. I have had this happen twice so far, but I havent been fighting many battles yet or doing beta testing as of yet.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    Sig, I notice using the new Animations that During Battles I sometimes get a CTD with No error message. I only started having this happen when testing the new animations. The only animations being used during the battle was the Archers, Hoplite Animations.

Hope this helps. I never had crashes to desktop without an error before unless it was a DDS file. lol I noticed this problem, but I am not SURE if its ALL the time or only when a paticular part of the animation is used. I will have to do MANY battles to see if its random or all the time. If its random I plan on using them anyway because its worth a ctd no and then for those wonderful animations. But just as long as its not consistant. It may be more noticeable in SPQR since battles last MUCH longer tahn in the vanilla and other mods. But should be evident in the first 10 minutes, assuming it can be duplicated easy. I have had this happen twice so far, but I havent been fighting many battles yet or doing beta testing as of yet.

Lt
    Did you erase the phalanx-formation-abilitiy from the hoplites, as SigOne recommend in the readme? Same goes with the secondary weapon....

I dunno WHY SigOne recommend this, but as it is written in the readme I guess it makes some sense .
    GODzilla(TM)

Virgil's Avatar Powered by Technicolor©

If you dont remove the phalanx, the guys have a harder time killing the enemy, plus they look a little wierd. Second, the secondary weapon is removed so that when you tell the hoplites to charge, they do not pull out swords instead of their spears. I do believe it is the phalanx ability that is causing the ctds. I hope you can resolve that.
    Patron to Shadows, The White Knight, Darkragnar, and
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia. Under the patronage of Horsearcher.

I have the phalanx ability removed from the Units and no second weapon already. The crash seems to be for no apparent reason that I can tell, so it may be One animation line out of sync or something that is not used right away, it could escape notice. I just noticed since using the pack I am getting a CTD, Like I said I havent done a complete beta test yet to see if its random or consistant on the CTD every battle. Main thing is it could be time related, the longer the fight the more change of using a different animation swing etc.

Lt
    Lt_1956

when testing the elephant-javelinman animation i saw that the legs of the shooting soldiers clip through the tower of the elephant.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

I used the new hopelite formations,BUT my spartans die really fast now.I play RTR 5.4.1.Any ideas on new stats for hopelites?also now you have to enable guard mode,but the AI wont do this any ideas?also the heavy cav animation i tried and it seems they run at a really slow pace,but the fast at the charge.was this intended?

I believe that was intended. As for the Hoplites I found the new animation made them Stronger for SPQR. lol I think it may be RTRs stats you may want to wait until RTR 6.0 is out, my understanding is they will have new animations also.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Anyone else having CTD issues during battles in both custom and campaign battles using this animation pack? I seem to get more CTD issues with error message in campaign battles now, this only started when I started using the new animations.

Sig are you still around? your inbox is full.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    Anyone else having CTD issues during battles in both custom and campaign battles using this animation pack? I seem to get more CTD issues with error message in campaign battles now, this only started when I started using the new animations.
    I have not experienced any CTDs using any of Sigs animation packs. You must be mixing it with some other mod that's incompatible with it or maybe you made a typo in descr_model_battle.

Civis

i had a problem with the animation pack... i had one copy of RTW installed on my sisters comp (she moved out already) and alos had the animation pack installed. when i started playing the first time after adding lots of stuff to the game, my units starting acting all weird (running in circles, not obeying orders, etc.). so i figured that something i added messed up the game. so i went and installed it on my dads comp, and i added all the new skins and other units before i added in the animations (it worked fine). then, lo and behold, when i added the animation pack, my guys started acting up again... so i decided to put the old animations files back so someone sent me theirs (as i did not back up my own: whoops). anyway, now that i have put them back, my units are still acting strangely... anybody else run into this?

ps: this might have already been on here but i didnt want to read through 11 pages of "good work, sig!" so excuse me if i am reposting this.

EDIT: lol, there was a post right before this about problems in custom battles.. lol sorry guys and yes! i am having trouple in custom battles! haha

Opifex

Oops, didn't realize there was a discussion here that escaped my notice. Anyhow, it's words like Trajan's that make me feel better haha. No I didn't notice any strange CTDs, especially in battles. I have had a few issue with some of the previously released v0.7 pack, so try 0.71 and let me know what happens. It may be a strange configuration that SPQR has... it will take more time to investigate.

Hospitaller, I am not sure what your idea is: don't Romans already advance with the shields in front and gladii close by? Or do you want them to walk aorund like that ALL the time, cos that that wouldn't be realistic -- when not in battle or no enemiy nearby, they should hold weapon and shield in relaxed fashion.

prviper, I think someone posed a problem like this earlier, and it turns out they were using v1.0 of the game. Make sure your game is patched to 1.2, and then try it.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams