Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: SigniferOne's Animations Pack

New to RT+BI+1.6...new animations sounds good. looking forward to trying them out

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne
    It certainly is possible (from what I understand, EB will have new siege engine animations).
    This requires an update to Vercingetorix's scripts, which has not yet happened. Unfortunately.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

Opifex

I have been working on nice new animations lately, stay tuned for more info.

Also, I will probably be soon releasing a 1.5/1.6 compatible version of my pack.

EDIT: Here's a small teaser:

EDIT2:

Here's a newer version, which I'm particularly proud of:

Take a moment to compare the original and the new pictures. Although they both have a similar stance, and hold the flag in the same general location, in similar ways, there's a considerable difference between the two, which gives the second pose a much more assertive, much more proud, much more Roman appearance. If you can notice those little details you will see how difficult the art of the animator can be Thankfully the hardest part may be over.
    Last edited by SigniferOne; January 04, 2006 at 09:19 PM.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Yeah, this is much better than the ingame animations, I can't wait to see the 1.5 animations, because I most play RTW that BI.
    Excelent job Sig1
    New pics on 24/4/2007

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

Looking awesome, Signifier!

I have an animation question: have you manage to edit 45 degrees turning animations where the soldier doesn't get weirded out in-game?

Opifex

Nope, to the editing of turning anims. However, we may be able to edit animations through descr_skeletons.txt, as it looks like Jerome of CA may help us with that. So once that's done, turning anims will be done, no problem.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Opifex

Okay, another scoop,

Marching Signifers:

In the standing pose, he stands with the pose of honor, with the banner in his left hand, with his right hand reaching out and in the place of his heart, almost like he's giving a salutation. The banner is also on the left side, so he can see ahead what's going on.

Here in the marching pose, the banner obviously cannot be on the left side any longer as there's no room for his legs, so now he moves the banner in the middle, so that his legs have room to walk. His visibilty is obscured a little bit, but that's ok, that's how standard bearers walked, I think. I'm still thinking whether I like the elbows and the pose as such, but I'm pretty happy with the result overall.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Opifex

Alright everyone, a 1.5/1.6 Animations pack will be coming out very soon!

The two-handed signifers will continue to be developed and will most likely be released with Paeninsula Italica mod, but you can still expect a couple nice new features in the upcoming version (although the balance of the effort had gone to converting the pack to 1.5/1.6 standard)!

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Those are great news! Will the upcoming pack include the animations of the previews releases in upgraded versions?
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Opifex

Such as what?

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

signifer can you post some screenshots of some more animations, and have you fixed the old hoplite ones?

I have a couple of questions:

- Will you allow the use of your animations to other mods? You know that I used some of them in ITW 1.0 (for RTW 1.2), but now it seems that you are developing some additional animations.

- How can other animations be implemented in pack.dat and skeletons.dat?
    I did it in ITW 1.0 with the crossbowmen animation from Chivalry TW for greek gastraphetes (I don't like the crossbow animation included in vanilla RTW 1.5), but when I tried to do the same in RTW 1.5, the game simply crashed.
    I used the last version of XIDX and I modified descr_skeletons.txt.

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne
    Such as what?
    Such as the overhand animation for the hoplites, or gladius, in the readme.txt you say

Not all animations in the "complete conversion" skeletons, i.e. hoplites and Romans,
    have been fixed yet, so you may see a few animations out of place sometimes.
    Will you fix that?
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Opifex

Yes hopefully. Right now, for fs_gladius, basically all animations are fixed and matching now, except a couple that had to be turned off for now due to them introducing graphical glitches (pending fixes from Vercingetorix, or Jerome of CA). More on hoplite animations in coming days.

As for transferring 1.2 skeletons to 1.5, I have had no problems with that. Basically make sure you're using the latest version of the XIDX script, and don't try to use 1.2 skeletons, but take fresh 1.5 version copies as your base, and rebuild from there.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Opifex

fs_gladius

Here is the overview of the complete fs_gladius skeleton. Screenshots will be provided to depict a great variety of what the new skeleton can do (some of it old, some of it new):

Standing idle, relaxed posture, arm not bent uncomfortably:

Stand ready, classic Roman posture, hiding behind the shield and preparing to strike:

Some screenshots of gladius strikes, always careful, and always "to the point" (no pun intended):

Impact, from the front and then from the back. The legionary is disoriented at first, but regains composure (there are 8 of these in total):

But the legionary can be quite nimble as well:

Even little things such as attacking while running (chasing down routers) have been changed:

Charging has received a major overhaul and a great deal of time in work, for this skeleton. The posture of the legionary waving his gladius overhead seemed just a little bit ridiculous to me, especially right at the point of impact, so this has been changed:

The legionary charges the enemy, strikes with the gladius at point-blank range, and jumps back a little to give himself room (last part not shown here):

Also, the entire being 'knocked down' system of animations has been reworked as well. The legionary will no longer lie on the ground defenseless, like some silly newbie warrior. he will immediately try to cover himself up with his shield (there are a number of animations dealing with this posture):

All this doesn't mention any of the myriad of linking animations, going from one position to another, e.g. from standing idle to hide, and from hide to standing idle, or the cheering animation. All of them have been made compatible with the legionary's new stances and movements -- literally dozens upon dozens of animations (e.g. step forward, step back, shuffle forward, shuffle back, etc etc) that have been changed.

This skeleton will soon be released as part of the upcoming latest version of the animations pack, compatible with 1.5/1.6.
    Last edited by SigniferOne; January 11, 2006 at 04:14 PM.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Great work mate! Looking very nice.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Picking my jaw up off the floor! this whole place is a treasure trove of goodies :original: Thanks for the new animation.

Opifex

What you guys don't realize yet is that there are all sorts of little touches that I've tried to do wherever possible. For example, in vanilla when the soldiers stand idle, they have an extremely static motionless way of standing. So they may do all sorts of "idle" animations, but they always go back to that static and unrealistic motionless stance. In my animations, even when they're just standing they're moving around a little bit, so you can detect these are living beings and not motionless robots. They will wave juuust a tiny bit, to and fro, so you can see it's not a static group of men.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

I never had the opportunity too use your other animations (just recently got RTW+Bi) and just found this site last week I did try using your older files...but didnt work, already patched too 1.6 just looking at the screen shots above tells me you've taking a great deal of care in doing these. even with my limited experience they look sooo much better cant wait to try em out in living motion!

Awsome Sig...between your anims and ferres/Godzillas skins..RTW is playable.

Since I used your anims in 1.2, I haven't been able to play without 'em.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

-Attalus-
    Fool me once...shame on you
    Fool me twice...prepare to die

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast