Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: SigniferOne's Animations Pack

Opifex

GodZilla, I see the problem and you're right, it's a bug. I have no idea what causes it, so I'm gonna try and fix it now.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Thanks to GODZilla's help, a bug was found with the latest pack which I have promptly fixed. The bug was not with the animations per se, but with the graphical artifacts that occurred in Romans during battles, because I have updated modified their Idle animations. This problem is a result of Vercingetorix's otherwise excellent CAS Script (or it could be caused by the XIDX, not sure), and it has been observed before, when simply modifying certain animations would create graphical glitches in the game. To fix this, I simply took out the updated Idle anims and restored the vanilla ones.
    Last edited by SigniferOne; July 01, 2005 at 06:29 PM.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Hi SigOne. I just wanted to report that the problem is not gone, at least for me .

I downloaded the pack again and the pack.dat is indeed smaller, so I guess you already updated the pack, didn't you?

The idle-animation is the same as in 0.65, I can cofirm that, but the problem is still there (exactly as I described it before). I'm really sorry. In the evening I will try your v0.65 again, maybe the problem is also in there and I just overlooked it...

But for now I will go diving *gg*.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Can the hoplite animations be used with pikemen, argyraspid and hypaspist too, or are they hoplite only? Don't know what's the difference...sorry if it's a stupid question

Awesome.Great work

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by Beav
    Can the hoplite animations be used with pikemen, argyraspid and hypaspist too, or are they hoplite only? Don't know what's the difference...sorry if it's a stupid question

I guess you can. You have to erase their phalanx ability in the export_descr_unit.
    Be sure to change their weapon from a long pike or whatever it's called, and change it to a spear.

Ok, thx, but then it wouldn't be the correct weapon for that kind of unit, right? I guess i stick to the original animations for pikemen and only use the new animations for hoplite units.

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla
    Hi SigOne. I just wanted to report that the problem is not gone, at least for me .

I downloaded the pack again and the pack.dat is indeed smaller, so I guess you already updated the pack, didn't you?

The idle-animation is the same as in 0.65, I can cofirm that, but the problem is still there (exactly as I described it before). I'm really sorry. In the evening I will try your v0.65 again, maybe the problem is also in there and I just overlooked it...

But for now I will go diving *gg*.
    Ok, as promised I survived my first diving trip and just tested the version 0.65 again.....the bug is NOT in this version. But it is in your first release of version 0.7 as well as in the "fixed" version 0.7.

I'm sorry to report that, but I hope it wont make you much trouble to find the problem. For now I will just keep on using the version 0.65 ;-)
    GODzilla(TM)

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

I could rename the thread and merge them if you'd like. But then again, big threads scare people away, to an extent, so your choice.

-Simetrical
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Opifex

Actually, that'd be nice if you did merge them, thanks.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Done. I've also replaced the first post of this thread with the post from the merged thread (although I've kept the former as well in case you want it for some reason).

-Simetrical
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla
    Ok, as promised I survived my first diving trip and just tested the version 0.65 again.....the bug is NOT in this version. But it is in your first release of version 0.7 as well as in the "fixed" version 0.7.

I'm sorry to report that, but I hope it wont make you much trouble to find the problem. For now I will just keep on using the version 0.65 ;-)
    Hey SigOne, please take a look at that :wink:
    GODzilla(TM)

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

I have you fixed the Roman animation yet Sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan
    I have you fixed the Roman animation yet Sig?
    No. It seems he's not around at them moment.
    GODzilla(TM)

I used your horse archer animation an it wiped out the cantabrian circle ability. Instead of it is there just a blank point.

Ummm I put in the animations, and all, and when my infantry attacks something most of the units are flicking there shields up and down constanly, within fractions of seconds it's really annoying, is there any way to fix this.

THANKS

[Double post merged. Please use the edit function. -Simetrical]

Oh yea there roman infantry.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Simetrical; July 06, 2005 at 06:15 PM.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Godzilla, I'd just like to throw in that I am getting the same bug. I'm assuming you're using Ferres and yours new Roman packs. (the ones in your sig) I am using them too, maybe somethings incompatible?

Edit: I did a little more testing and noticed that these flickers seem worse with the Hastati than the legionary cohorts. I'm going to test the Princeps and the Urbans next.
    Last edited by BeastG33; July 06, 2005 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastG33
    Godzilla, I'd just like to throw in that I am getting the same bug. I'm assuming you're using Ferres and yours new Roman packs. (the ones in your sig) I am using them too, maybe somethings incompatible?

Edit: I did a little more testing and noticed that these flickers seem worse with the Hastati than the legionary cohorts. I'm going to test the Princeps and the Urbans next.
    Didn't tested it, but I guess that the animation shouldnot interfer with the model or the texture. But wait, I will try the animations with a 1.2 vanilla rtw....
    GODzilla(TM)

oh, well thanks, hopefully it gets fixed

I just tested Vanilla Hastati and got the same problem, so it's not your models, God.

It's on Signifiers end then, meaning it's up to him to figure it out. I'm surprised more people don't have the bug, and wondering why God, myself and Century are the only ones reporting the problem.

maybe were destined not to enjoy this animation pack.