Thread: Julius_Caesar's Pix

Default Julius_Caesar's Pix

From now on I'll put all my general Pictures in this Thread,

This Urban Cohort has decided to use a sword as a Javelin?

This Captain Doesn't want to fight, he has positioned himself as far away as possible, Coward

For the Newbies Out there these are thumbnails click on them to Expand

Centurion Quintus's Avatar Campidoctor

A tip from a seasoned veteran. See my pic thread. Page three I believe.

1.) Get a mod. Generally speaking, vanilla skins look like crap, and don't provide much intrigue.

2.) Up your graphics. Self explanitory.

3.) Get photoshop, or paintshop pro and enhance the pics, looks much better.

4.) Go into preferences.txt in your main RTW folder and find "UNIT_BANNERS:TRUE" make it "UNIT_BANNERS:FALSE". Do the same true false thing for "MINIMAL_UI"( thats the little unit card menu) and " UNIT ARROW MARKERS". It makes the picture look much more cinematic.

5.) And for the most important pic tip, take interesting shots. A screen of some random fight isn't interesting. Get nice angles, tell a story etc..

-cent

Default No i know now

Look at the thread about which do you think is the best picture, It was just that urban cohort was pointing his sword as though he was going to throw it, also the general has never sttod that far away from his unit, they are buggy pix of vanilla 1.0 that is the only reason i posted them - bugginess, see my latest ones, they are much better

Centurion Quintus's Avatar Campidoctor

Umm...where are your latest ones?

Civis

Centurion Quintus. Where is "MINIMAL_UI"? It doesn't seem to exist on my computer! :o
    Dr. Who fans at the ready. March! http://doctorwho.myfreeforum.org/index.php

madd069's Avatar Biarchus

umm, nice, i guess. I dont exactly see anything in the first pic, just as cen said, its just a fight. If the cohort i am looking at is the right one, then hes just in a stabbing moting. And yes I have seen a general even farther. Although I do not have any pics, they cna stand way farther. Dont just take pics, take pics with meanings. Also, turn graphics higher. They kinda....umm.....SUCK!

Default Minimal_UI

It is in the preferences.txt file, in your root RTW directory, I had disabled it about 2 months ago when the patch came out, they were old pictures posted purely for buggyiness