Thread: If I wanted to make an adjustment where Arwen and Aragorn were married...

Default If I wanted to make an adjustment where Arwen and Aragorn were married...

a few thoughts first-
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    as high elves I think it is silly when Arwen marries some random elven general. I would like to remove that possibility.

since she is not an agent you can't just march her to Aragorn and cause a marriage.

Aragorn appears to be married to a Rose person, with multiple Heirs.

Start date is before he gets married to Arwen but I would like to ignore that.

Aragorn would be married to a princess of High Elves, how would you change the way they interact towards each other?

I would like to modify the starting game so that Arwen and Aragorn are married at the beginning with all the ramifications of sed union.

My first thought is to modify the descr_strat to remove Arwen from the character record on HE and move her to the Eriador character record.
    Make the Eriador relative line reflect only Aragorn and Arwen. Rich is hosed, remove FactionHeir from him.

will update as I figure out what else I would have to do and where I am going with this.

Elfhelm's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: If I wanted to make an adjustment where Arwen and Aragorn were married...

It would be good if it was an option at least. I enabled princesses for the all human and elven factions.Its been working quite well and I haven't seen any marrying orcs or Nazgul tho I have seen some Nazgul princesses.I made Arwen 15 so that she spawned as a playable princess. It would work if Aragorn wasn't already married which can be altered. I think it would be kinda cool for Eriador.Make it an early focus of the game for Aragorn to win the hand of Arwen. You'd have to give him the marry ability aswell I think! Make it the same for elves and give the two nations trade bonuses or the ability to recruit certain troops or something! Check out the Princess thread perhaps theres something in there that might help.

Default Re: If I wanted to make an adjustment where Arwen and Aragorn were married...

your arwen is a nazgul because one of the nazgul traits is drawn from Intelligent woman.

Quote Originally Posted by gary0044187 View Post
    Aragorn appears to be married to a Rose person, with multiple Heirs.
    Lol, is that Rose Cotton, Sam's hobbit wife from the book?

Elfhelm's Avatar Biarchus

She conquered the known World you know! Although it has to be said she spared the good kingdoms!