Hello Everyone and thanks for the great info and tutorials through out this forum.

I have been saying since MTW I was going to build a mod for a game, specifically a TW game as they are always my favorite. So finally, I sat down, downloaded the Darius Tool Kit and went to work in the *.esf.

I started by simply changing my game to have 4 turns per year which works great.

In the startpos.esf I have tried the following:

Change start date to 1675:
I accomplished this on the campaign screen where you first start. However, once in game, by the turn button it still says 1700. Not a big deal, but I could not find a post on this and would be very interested if someone could either enlighten me or point me to the post.

Made Louisiana Playable:
I was able to make this empire playable and show their territory on the campaign launch page. However, I can only build Governor Mansions and Governor Barracks. I also seem to start with very advanced military, ie colonial militia, line militia, and skirmishers to name a few. So I have two questions on this:

Do I need to change permissions so Louisiana can build different buildings? If yes, can you please point me to some documentation on this.

Do I need to change starting troops for the Empire? I saw where you can change what Units a country can recruit but not starting troops.

Also, a side note that has happened to me twice now. On year two, around 6th or 7th turn, my game stalls on France. It does not freeze, it just seems as if France does not realize it is their turn. I wonder if this has something to do with me making Louisiana playable? Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone!