Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modding MTW

Default Re: Modding MTW

could anyone help me plz? i am experiencing some troubles with adding new units in MTW. i have MTW XL 3.0 on which i have installed tyberius mod ( up to 2.2 version ). So i managed to add 5 new units and all of them have gone well: skins, .txt files and so on, in fact i can play without any problems with these new units in a custom battle. the matter is that when i play a campaign i can't recruit them, because even if they appear in the recruitment menù, when they should be ready after 1 or 2 turns ( i have set for all of them 1 turn with gnomeeditor ), the game "gives" me another unit. I wish to explain that this problem does not occur when i recruit all the other unit of the XL3/tyberius mod set...Now, i have taken a look at MTW_XL_EARLY_UNIT_PROD11.txt ( obviously the same for MTW_XL_HIGH_UNIT_PROD11 and MTW_XL_LATE_UNIT_PROD11 ) with gnomeEditor and i see that i have collected 297 units. the "vanilla" version of XL 3.0/Tyberius amounts up to 292 units. all the first 292 run wells at the recruitment, but when i try to recruit a unit of mine the game shows up the problem i have told you about. Now my question is: perhaps i have exceeded a sort of unit limit???
    Last edited by sftonix; October 17, 2012 at 02:43 PM.

Anychance someone could tell me how to edit the starting buildings on the campaign map? Playing MTW+VI+XL mod.

I have attached BIF-Reader 23c to this post - (i could find it nowhere on the internet!)
    and reposted Axalon's link to 22b and CA's-Bif/Buf tools
    cheers,
    B.

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    As people are asking for it time and time again, I thought I might as well post up a link
    to RSW's magic tool for STW/MTW-modding. Yup, the BIF-reader 22b – in all its glory….
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/734...-reader22b-zip
    - A
    -
    Alright

I think it is about time I put up this little piece of TW-history here. A long, long time ago, in happier times, Creative Assembly actually released Mod-tools for the then existing community at the time. This small set of tools is among the few official MOD-tools that have ever been released to the public (to date). They are intended for work with BIF- and BUF-files for MTW1/STW1. Hardly perfect, but they remain one of the few existing alternatives for all such related work. Personally, I always regarded them as the most useful ones CA ever released. Here in all their humble glory (and probably for the first time ever on the TWC) – the CA official MOD-tools “BIF & BUF”….

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/968...ls_bif_buf-zip
    - A
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi!
    How to make (return back) command stars of leader/army stack visible on campaign map? [Pike & Musket TW MOD]

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

As the previous upload I made of the legendary GnomeEditor 2.0 is gone (since is Atomic is gone), here is another
    copy... I mean, we cant have the internet robbed of this excellent and cherished tool for MTW, now can we...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4238

Enjoy folks...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; February 11, 2016 at 03:43 PM. Reason: update...

Mithel Image Converter 1.10... "This program is designed specifically for creating "LBM" graphics for games like "Medieval Total War" that use the index of a color palette entry to identify which part of the graphic was selected. Thus the primary feature is the ability to click on a color in the image and assign that color to a specific color palette position." (from included readme).

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4240

- A

Re-posted & re-uploaded...

I think it is about time I put up this little piece of TW-history here. A long, long time ago, in happier times, Creative Assembly actually released Mod-tools for the then existing community at the time. This small set of tools is among the few official MOD-tools that have ever been released to the public (to date). They are intended for work with BIF- and BUF-files for MTW1/STW1. Hardly perfect, but they remain one of the few existing alternatives for all such related work. Personally, I always regarded them as the most useful ones CA ever released. Here in all their humble glory (and probably for the first time ever on the TWC) – the CA official MOD-tools “BIF & BUF”….
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4239

- A

hi guys! Tell me please where i can find discription of factions (before starting campaing). I need description of Sicily Aragon etc. These factions are blocked and i can read only "For this fraction it is impossible to play this period" Or can you give me saves that will unblocked these factions

Start the game with -ian command. Start a campaign. 0-9 and shift + 0-9 let you switch between factions. It's probably the easiest way.

Gnome Editor question, many years ago I used this tool a lot. I have just started using it again. I could have sworn that in either the buildings file or the units file there was a column that dealt with the buildings needed to build a particular unit. I have been scrolling like crazy through both of the files and I am not finding it. Bad memory or poor observation? Is there such a column and if so does anybody know its number off hand?

UNIT_PROD file, 17th column in Gnome.

Thanks!

Don't know how I missed it it's the one with all the buildings!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

It seems the Gnome editor is a great tool, but TBH I don't get along with Gnome when using it.

I have a mod idea, sort of a building overhaul, and I want to change some vanilla buildings to be similar what they are in the Viking Invasion.

My question is. Can Calc in OpenOffice be used instead of using Gnome when editing the necessary files in MTW?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I don't know about OpenOffice but if Excel can work with MTW then OO should work too.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

From what I understand Excel in MS Office is what Calc is in OpenOffice, so I think it could work.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hi guys.

So basically, I wanted to make a simple modification in the game, making all actions done in one turn (construction and unit recruitment). I easily did this with pack file manager (PFM) with games starting from Empire Total War. How am I going to do this? What file should I edit and what tool should I use?

Thanks in advance!

-Z

Hello yourself,

As MTW1 is built on an entirely different engine (the TW1-engine) - any tools and/or utilities created for the warscape-engine (ETW and onwards) will thus have zero effect on the TW1-engine, due to the fact. The closest thing you can get to the stuff you seem to want, is to set the game into "debug-mode" and then use the cheat-command ".worksundays." - that will create the effect you are looking for.

As for instructions regarding the "how" on all this, see the frogladys guide (at the very end), its attached to this post...

- A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MTW - Beginners Guide.pdf  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12