Thread: West of Rome...

Atatürk's Avatar Türküm. Doğruyum...

Default West of Rome...

So I decided to check out IB2, which stands for Invasio Barbarvm or something. It is very similar to this mod in the aspect that it's about the Dark Ages of Rome and the dealing of the Barbarians. However, the major different is that their map is West of Rome, whereas this mods map is East of Rome.

It's almost as if IB2 and EOR are both submods of a larger game called The Dark Ages of Rome.

But I have to say though, I prefer EOR by a long distance and I mean no disrespect to IB2. It's like saying I prefer Lionel Messi to Lee Cattermole. It's not that Lee Cattermole's a bad player, it's just Lionel Messi is an exceptionally good player.

I love the previews, particularly that of the Sassanids.

I love the Dewy.

I love the Nakharar.

I love the East of Rome (the Turks were East of Rome ).

Default Re: West of Rome...

thank you for your support but much of the team is responsible for the previews i do hardly nothing for previews as my skills do not qualify to be shown, IBII is much different to EoR as they also start earlier, they plan to create alot of submods then bring it all into one with a IB like the RTW version with IBII but our later mod has more faction places and more varieties of warfare/

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by Atatürk View Post
    So I decided to check out IB2, which stands for Invasio Barbarvm or something. It is very similar to this mod in the aspect that it's about the Dark Ages of Rome and the dealing of the Barbarians. However, the major different is that their map is West of Rome, whereas this mods map is East of Rome.

It's almost as if IB2 and EOR are both submods of a larger game called The Dark Ages of Rome.

But I have to say though, I prefer EOR by a long distance and I mean no disrespect to IB2. It's like saying I prefer Lionel Messi to Lee Cattermole. It's not that Lee Cattermole's a bad player, it's just Lionel Messi is an exceptionally good player.

I love the previews, particularly that of the Sassanids.

I love the Dewy.

I love the Nakharar.

I love the East of Rome (the Turks were East of Rome ).
    No idea who the players names are but I'm guessing you don't know who Gary Ablett is

I love the fact that my name is before Nakharar, take that
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

When does IB2 starts - in which year?

i think their current campaign with Bonifacius and Geiseric + Attila some 400's

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Ok, like IB1 ~ 408AD
    then it's not really a dark age mod - concerning that what Atatürk said.
    Actually the dark age begun after Italy was destroyed by the long war between the Romans vs. Goths. The byzantine dark age started even later (years after Herakleios death).

EoR and AoD2 is the next step of time eras. A "brigde" between the early medieval and the latest part of the antiquity. And that makes our projects so exciting - because it's something "new".

And this is good!

ye we are im suprised it hasnt been covered before and even better its on RTW and M2 so the RTW version can do the indetail stuff M2 cant do fully like buildings etc, and us at EoR can use the M2 engine atm to the best it could. Also i see dark ages as after WRE fall and ostrogoth migration, In England they teach us from as soon as Romans left just because dumb Saxons didnt leave enough trace etc and from WRE fall barbarians settled in the west but they wernt so barbarian ostrogoths became romanized and very advanced, But byzantine dark age was mainly because of Islamic Caliphate rise and there fall