Thread: Question on recruiting unit

Default Question on recruiting unit

I am playing as Bosporan. When I expand to West, I told a city name Olbia but after I update till large city, I found out that I can't recruited Cimmerian Armoured Swordsmen, first I thought maybe I was too far from my home state but when I told the city in the right of Olbia which was develop pretty well by the free people, I saw in the recruite board, it has Cimmerian Armoured Swordsmen. Do anyone why why is Cimmerian Armoured Swordsmen can't be recruited at Olbia? Where can I get a list of the recruited for different faction. Thanks!

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Question on recruiting unit

In all likelihood it's a recruitment glitch, there have been a few of them in the life of RS1.5. As for the list, unless you read the game files there is no comprehensive list of who can recruit what at which level.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

I'm playing as Bosporans too and can't yet recruit Cimmerian Swordsmen anywhere but I noticed that they are available as mercenaries to some factions as I've seen them around.

It's quite a fun campaign as making money is not simple, I'm making 3-6K a turn (went down to 3k when I had plague in my capital), it's slowly creeping up but it certainly means thinking about building or recruiting and mixing carefully. I'm wondering whether to start thinking North and the Sarmatians soon or trying to do the doughnut but that will mean conflict with Pontus, then Pergamum, Dacia, Macedonia and Ptolemaics in all likelihood. I have grabbed a few Free Peoples cities but not had a fight with any Nation as yet.

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

There are alot of settlements that you cannot recruit cimmeran swordsmen from, in my bosporan campaign all cities near armenia, 4 cities in greece, 3 in macedon, 2 in sarmatian lands and olbia haven't got cimmeran swordsmen in the unit rooster. Could anyone from the rs team answer this?

ybbon66 are you constructing the right buildings? When i first started my bosporan campaign i had no problems with money, the first 10 turns you could struggle but after i had captured Scythian Neapolis, Olbia, Chersoneus my treasury quickly rose. And soon after i had captured Istros, Tanais and Kura i topped the 200k mark.

Get trade agrements with pontus, macedonia, free people (after you have captured/bought Chersoneus) and build ports,roads,market and farms.
    Last edited by Souka; June 15, 2009 at 09:21 AM.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Souka View Post
    ybbon66 are you constructing the right buildings? When i first started my bosporan campaign i had no problems with money, the first 10 turns you could struggle but after i had captured Scythian Neapolis, Olbia, Chersoneus my treasury quickly rose. And soon after i had captured Istros, Tanais and Kura i topped the 200k mark.

Get trade agrements with pontus, macedonia, free people (after you have captured/bought Chersoneus) and build ports,roads,market and farms.

Hmm, well I have captured all but Chersoneus and I'm sieging that now. Probably only had 10-15 turns so it is early. I am in the process of building farms/roads if they aren;t already there and also need to finish markets. got ports everywhere, it may start to pick up very soon. I'm playing on H/H. I have trade agreements with everyone but Free (who I'm at war with over Chersoneus) and Syracuse becasue I just haven't got there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    In all likelihood it's a recruitment glitch, there have been a few of them in the life of RS1.5. As for the list, unless you read the game files there is no comprehensive list of who can recruit what at which level.
    So there are no way we can fix this problem then.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

It actually isn't a problem, that region is setup not to allow the recruitment of the cimmerian swordsmen.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

The Cimmerian Armoured swordsmen are recruitable mainly in the historically large cities throughout the campaign map, rather than what you would expect within all the cities in the local area. Still, if my memory serves me correctly, you can recruit these units in Istros, which makes up for the fact that they cannot be recruited in olbia.

Taking Anatolia proved very successful for me - as cities such as Pergamon, Sinope, Mazaka, could all provide these armoured swordsmen.
    However, I have found that these units seem to present a somewhat unfair advantage over the other factions... as they make mincemeat out of pretty much anything that I came up against, especially after they had built up some experience..

I would provide a screenshot - but Im currently uninstalled RS and playing Rise of Persia, anyways good luck in your bosphoran campaign!