Thread: Need Help in installing Mod

Default Need Help in installing Mod

Alright, I feel rather silly for having to post this topic, but I'm fed up with having trouble installing this.

I'm not new to installing mods, I have several for Medieval II, Oblivion, Age of empires, and many more. But for some reason I'm completely lost when it comes to installing mods for Rome.

I follow the instructions, installing the mods into the Activision/Rome Total War/ bi folder.
    That didn't work, so I uninstalled everything, reinstalled it, and made a copy folder just in case.

Both times I have let the mod run through the DOS Box process, and when I insert the disk and click on the shortcut, it brings up a new blank DOS box, and then does nothing.

I know I'm doing something wrong, and I hate to plague the creators of what I'm sure is a great mod with a "WTF IT wont workz" thread in their forum.

But please, any, and all help is appreciated.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: Need Help in installing Mod

The instructions, like most TW mods, ask you to install into the RTW directory not the BI one. Never at any point do we tell you to put the mod in the bi folder.

Please ensure you read the instructions correctly. We have, to my knowledge even after hundreds of thousands of downloads, never come across a case where installation errors originated from our side. Use the RAR version if the exe does not work (though it should in the vast majority of cases).
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Default Re: Need Help in installing Mod

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    The instructions, like most TW mods, ask you to install into the RTW directory not the BI one. Never at any point do we tell you to put the mod in the bi folder.

Please ensure you read the instructions correctly. We have, to my knowledge even after hundreds of thousands of downloads, never come across a case where installation errors originated from our side. Use the RAR version if the exe does not work (though it should in the vast majority of cases).
    I'll try again, thanks for the advise