Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mod doenst work with gold edition

Default Re: Mod doenst work with gold edition

Quote Originally Posted by Gaultesian View Post
    Hi Riothamus,

I did just that: downloaded the IB2 beta, and then the patch II (when I said patch(s) I was in error - just patch II).

The IB2 beta targets the correct file structure (C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War), but the patch II has an incorrect patch, which I changed before installing (changed it to the path I have mentioned above). I am assuming this is the correct file patch, as the IB2 folder is created in my mods folder, and the ream of info necessary for the data and the custom folder is there as well (about 1.1 gig of space is taken up in the IB2 folder).

As I stated before, the only thing in the IB2 folder besides the Data and Custom folder is the IB2.cfg file and the IB2 Beta Mini Patch Read Me.txt file.

Cheers,
    Gaultesian
    Both the IB2 Beta Mod and the IB2 Beta Patch II are set up to install in this directory
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Hi there,

I have a 64 bit computer, so all 32 bit software is installed into C:\Program Files (x86) (C:\Program Files is used exclusively for 64 bit software).

The original beta installs correctly into the correct folder (as I discussed in a previous message), and the patch just wants to install into the C:\Program Files folder (I manually have to redirect it to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War just to make sure).

I just tried a little experiment, where I installed the IB2 beta directly to my desktop. It installed correctly, but in the end all that was in the IB2 folder was the data and custom folder: no cfg file or icons, or anything. I get no icons being put to the desktop (I never got any shortcut icons when I installed it in the correct folder anyways), so I have the mod, but I do not have any functionality.

Cheers,
    Gaultesian

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

Hi I have gold edition and vista as well. I have had no problem at all installing and playing this great mod. I have done one small thing in installing all my games now that has made modding and playing other games a snap now. I never install in (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War). All my installs go to (C:\Medieval II Total War) Hope that helps others

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

i have the same problem as the other guys but i don't have vista or gold edition.

so im thinking it's a corrupt download.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of The Great Unknown View Post
    i have the same problem as the other guys but i don't have vista or gold edition.

so im thinking it's a corrupt download.
    We have had problems with downloads being corrupted on file front. PM Rio if you wish. Rio has a list of hosts which can be used to re-upload the beta and patch.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

So hang on, I'm downloading today, and probably into next week (Crap Australian internet) so am I downloading a functional mod or should I wait?
    Thanks
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12