Thread: Controlling 40 units in battle - etw

Default Controlling 40 units in battle - etw

Hi,

does anyone know how to make it so that I can control 40 units in a battle? I'd settle for the way S2 does it vanilla now - the full second stack of 20 reinforcements comes in at once.

But basically, I'd like to play the normal emipre game, only I'd like to control 40 unit armies instead of 20.

Any help would be appreciated!

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Controlling 40 units in battle - etw

in 'Overhauls and Compilations' sub-forum in same forum as this. Mod on first page = Albtraum........

Easiest way to find any thing in TWC is to google your question specifying game. All mod roads lead to twc.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dog View Post
    in 'Overhauls and Compilations' sub-forum in same forum as this. Mod on first page = Albtraum........

Easiest way to find any thing in TWC is to google your question specifying game. All mod roads lead to twc.
    Right - I've been to that thread before. here's what confuses me:

"All funktions on ,exept Grouping in Battle.You can Group up to 24 Units without problems but 1 more =25 then crash to Desktop
    You must use Minimised User Interface in Battles.

Installpath:
    \Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\ui\templates\uied.templates

Replace uied.templates file with the modfile and put the original file in a safe place.

Download: uied.rar

For more than 20 units in campaign look here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=454716&page=9"

so if I then click on the link for 20 units in campaign it basically goes to a thread that seems to be about NTW - not ETW.
    So do I just download the uied.rar and use that and it should work?

SOrry if I am extremely dense here...

oh I should mention I am looking for 40 units in sp campaign battles...

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

You need to talk to a modder or find something in the tutorials.

I'm sgt Shultz on modding issues myself (I know nuffink) . My rig is old and Empire runs at its limits. I'm currently using Darthmod 8.1 and have tested the 40 unit custom option and it works no problem - I haven't played it though as I expect that is a guarenteed ctd with my system. I'm presently late in a large campaign and get ctd's daily. I expect them and am a compulsive game saver. After talking to you the other day I modded up to larger units - ctd straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dog View Post
    You need to talk to a modder or find something in the tutorials.

I'm sgt Shultz on modding issues myself (I know nuffink) . My rig is old and Empire runs at its limits. I'm currently using Darthmod 8.1 and have tested the 40 unit custom option and it works no problem - I haven't played it though as I expect that is a guarenteed ctd with my system. I'm presently late in a large campaign and get ctd's daily. I expect them and am a compulsive game saver. After talking to you the other day I modded up to larger units - ctd straight up.
    alright. Talking to a modder - different subforum? Or wait here until someone responds?

Until then I guess I try the darthmod if it has a 40 unit option.