Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The hangover.

Default The hangover.

I just seen this movie with the girl and I have to say it's one of the funniest moives of the year so far. What I like about this movie is that the humor is clever, not Stupid (Like Borat)

Your opinions?
    >>>>> METAL BLOGGGGGGGG <<<<<

I <3 Student Loans
    EVGA GTX580 1.5GB GPU
    AMD Phenom II 955BE C3 3.2GHz @ 19c idle
    16GB G.skill 1600MHz RAM DDR3
    Corsair Force 3 60GB SSD, 150GB Velociraptor, 2x2TB Storage Drives
    Corsair TX650W PSU
    Asus 2x24" Vertical Monitors + 1 Sony EX500 46" LCD TV
    Corsair Obsidian 800D

Bell FiberOP Internet 70mbps DOWN 30mbps UP

Default Re: The hangover.

It was pretty damn hilarious. The part that got me the most was the...(spoiler)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

random asian when he jumped out of the car naked and started attacking them. I know it was probably the most immature part of the movie but I couldn't stop laughing. Also for some reason the speech about the wolfpack on top of the roof was really funny to me, I don't know why though, and when he started cutting his hand for the bloodbrother thing.

Mike Tyson was great in it. I don't know if I would necessarily call it clever humor but it definitely was not the stupid humor that most comedies are pumping out now that consist of Will Farrell crappy sarcasm. Definitely would recommend people see it.
    Forget the Cod this man needs a Sturgeon!

gambit's Avatar Gorak

I've been wanting to see this, looks like a nice little gem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

A couple of old people went to see it in the theater I was in and stormed out offended. I laughed
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

I thought it was one of the most crappy stupid comedies. Is it actually good?
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Some parts were pretty funny. Equally though there were some pretty stupid parts.

Also I have no idea how you call this movie clever, it was rather shallow with a simple plot.
    "The only thing permanant is change."

Worth the money, I laughed a lot.

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Wincest View Post
    I just seen this movie with the girl and I have to say it's one of the funniest moives of the year so far. What I like about this movie is that the humor is clever, not Stupid (Like Borat)

Your opinions?
    wait, you think the hangover was clever and borat stupid? clearly you missed the point of borat

but in either case, the hangover was still friggin hilarious.

my favorite line: "we don't remember anything from last night, remember?"
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

The commercials make it look really average and genuinely unfunny, is it actually any good?

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Quote Originally Posted by The Mongol View Post
    The commercials make it look really average and genuinely unfunny, is it actually any good?
    simply put: yes.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

I'd rank it among some of the most boring movies I've ever scene. The jokes were just bad, almost cringe worthy to sit through. The entire first part with the tiger was so terribly acted, and the musical accompaniment made it feel like I was watching bugs bunny, except it was less clever then bugs bunny.

Seriously, "Omg it's a tiger" is not funny...writers really need higher standards these days.

Another part that was just so terrible, the asian guy towards the end when they're trading the hostage, he was funny on the first ghetto line, then they gave him twenty more and he overdid it so much it was awful. Literally no one in the audience laughed, and it was kind of funny because of the comedic pause granted for laughter on the soundtrack, just five seconds of dead silence.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Playfishpaste View Post
    I'd rank it among some of the most boring movies I've ever scene.
    wow thats quite a claim.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Instead of placing the funny scenes in like three scenes, they(the director) placed them through the entire movie. It's cleverfunny, and not dumbfunny.(American Pie, and such ).
    I saw it at the cinema when going on a date, and I had a good time! I didn't even care for making out, instead I just saw the movie, as it was very funny. It took a while for it to get going, really, but then it just delivers.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Yeah I didn't like the previews, but damn it was funny. Well worth it.

Best cover of "Candy Shop" EVER.
    But mark me well; Religion is my name;
    An angel once: but now a fury grown,
    Too often talked of, but too little known.

-Jonathan Swift

"There's only a few things I'd actually kill for: revenge, jewelry, Father O'Malley's weedwacker..."
    -Bender (Futurama) awesome

Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.
    -Immortal Technique

Imperator Romani's Avatar Campidoctor

Funniest movie I've ever seen.

Lol what makes me think this movie is sooo funny is, I started to watch it Online *Naughty Me* but only got through about 20 mins of it (Because I was at college) and those 20 mins where the funniest things ever lol I soooo gotta watch it at the cinema when it comes out here in the UK lol

Thanx
    Raradir

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    Instead of placing the funny scenes in like three scenes, they(the director) placed them through the entire movie. It's cleverfunny, and not dumbfunny.(American Pie, and such ).
    I saw it at the cinema when going on a date, and I had a good time! I didn't even care for making out, instead I just saw the movie, as it was very funny. It took a while for it to get going, really, but then it just delivers.
    the downside is the gf wasnt happy that she got no attention?

Yeah, if defo took ages to get going, but it's pretty amusing

Was a good one.

I liked it alot, I loved Ed Helms character, especially the parts with his girlfriend.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://&#91;IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png&#91;/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast