Thread: Installation problem

Default Installation problem

Hello,

This has been answered before under the installation service, but it didn't help for my case. So Im thinking theres something else wrong with my installation.
    My game is doing the crash after I load up ETW. I mean, it shows up the first screen when It says ETW Sega 2009 blah blah, then it crashes before the movies will usually play.
    Again, this was not going on when I was playing on vanille nor when I had Imperial Splendour installed. I went through all the procedures, erasing mods and the user script file. Is there maybe something else I did wrong?
    I am sorry if this has been answered before, but I really looked for it and I couldn't find it. This mod looks fantastic, so I really would appreciate any help I could get on this.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default Re: Installation problem

Quote Originally Posted by tremulant View Post
    Hello,

This has been answered before under the installation service, but it didn't help for my case. So Im thinking theres something else wrong with my installation.
    My game is doing the crash after I load up ETW. I mean, it shows up the first screen when It says ETW Sega 2009 blah blah, then it crashes before the movies will usually play.
    Again, this was not going on when I was playing on vanille nor when I had Imperial Splendour installed. I went through all the procedures, erasing mods and the user script file. Is there maybe something else I did wrong?
    I am sorry if this has been answered before, but I really looked for it and I couldn't find it. This mod looks fantastic, so I really would appreciate any help I could get on this.
    You didn't by chance install any new graphics card driver lately?

Did you try re-installing the mod? Otherwise the only option left is re-installing the game, then applying the mod (if you use steam, just copy the very large vanilla packs to a backup directory, then use Steam's uninstall, then remove the contents of the ETW folder (leave the data folder but delete everything inside it), put the backup packs back into the data folder and re-install. If you have a disk, just reinstall without backup stuff.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

No i didnt install a new graphics card. And I did retry reinstalling the mod.
    I guess Ill reinstall it once I get back to the city. So I guess, there's no real reason behind why it doesn't work, it just is something weird the game does? Thanks so much for replying to my post.

No i didnt install a new graphics card. And I did retry reinstalling the mod.
    I guess Ill reinstall it once I get back to the city. So I guess, there's no real reason behind why it doesn't work, it just is something weird the game does? Thanks so much for replying to my post.
    Well if you deleted the user script file and removed all traces of IS we're basically poking in a dark hole with a stick

hehehe. Well, I got it to work finally, by reinstalling ETW. ^^ But now it crashes on diplo whenever I click on Request Trade Rights. hmm. Other than that, it seems great!

Oh playing now I ralized I can ACCEPT trade just not request. (just found this out *edit*)
    Last edited by tremulant; June 14, 2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to write down I needed to reinstall ETW. and trade clarification

hehehe. Well, I got it to work finally, by reinstalling ETW. ^^ But now it crashes on diplo whenever I click on Request Trade Rights. hmm. Other than that, it seems great!

Oh playing now I ralized I can ACCEPT trade just not request. (just found this out *edit*)
    This never happened to me so far...

Oh ok, I guess it just wont work for me. I also cant see the advisor at all, not even in the beginning to tell me my manpower. I dont know what's going on. Hmm. anyway, Ill check back when a future update of the mod is up to give it a try. Thanks for trying to help me.

Oh ok, I guess it just wont work for me. I also cant see the advisor at all, not even in the beginning to tell me my manpower. I dont know what's going on. Hmm. anyway, Ill check back when a future update of the mod is up to give it a try. Thanks for trying to help me.
    That would imply the mod didn't install correctly. Try re-installing and make sure you press "yes" every time it asks you whether it should overwrite a file

Also make sure you have no other mods installed and they are actually removed from your data and scripts folder.