Thread: Modding fatigue effects

Default Modding fatigue effects

I looked into the files to modify the fatigue effects, so units don't start to move in slow motion when getting too tired. In fact, there is a file called...you guess it...fatigue_effects. You can change effects for tired, very tired and exhausted. The file has four rows. The first row modifies run speed (just tested it). I guess the second row is for walk speed. The third row I am unsure of. The forth row may have to do with combat, because all units get a modifier, while the movement modifiers only apply to land units and galleys, which makes sense. I changed all -0,25 values to -0,2 and the -0,5 values to -0,3. So the overall effect of fatigue is less extreme which should help the AI a bit, since the AI usually tires it's units with excessive manoeuvring.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; June 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM.

Default Re: Modding fatigue effects

That's great information. I will look into this.

Default Re: Modding fatigue effects

Actually one of the things I like about TROM is the fact that AI has to be more careful not to tire its troops out by rushing them about everywhere. It actually seems more inclided to plan its attacks instead of throwing troops in suicide charges at your guns.