Thread: Supreme Ruler 2010

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

Default Supreme Ruler 2010

Just downloaded the demo and ....wow. talk about micro management. By the end of the first month. playing as Idaho I was broke, the economy was a shambles, my approval rating was at 34% and montana was kicking my behind.

Its going to take a bit to get into the game and understand all the economic, social, political, diplomatic and military stuff, but I think once you get over the steeeep learning curve its going to be a great game - for those of us who like micromanagment anyway..
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

Civitate

I love micro management, well not the micro management you get in typical RTS games. So how does this game compare to Hearts of Iron 2 or Operation Flashpoint?
    "In bourgeois society capital is independent and has individuality, while the living person is dependent and has no individuality." - Karl Marx on Capitalism
    Under the patronage of the venerable Marshal Qin. Proud member of the house of Sybian.

Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS)

haven't played them, but its not really a gfx driven game. Imgine you are the leader of a country now and talking to your ministers - pretty much every policy decision seems to be covered in every area of government from taxation (in mutliple areas e.g. import duties, imigration fees, corporations and small business taxes bla blah) to R&D to military, social welfare, healthcare...the list goes on....

+ you get to fight with modern military equipment, though its a bit like civ3 or that - just send your units to do stuff and watch the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Guderian
    I love micro management, well not the micro management you get in typical RTS games. So how does this game compare to Hearts of Iron 2 or Operation Flashpoint?
    Supreme Ruler is more like Civilization on crack. The only game comparable would be Superpower 1 and 2 though without the utter nonsense of say Iraq being able to invade the US thru Canada. Down side to Supreme Ruler is a couple of very important features that were suppose to be in the game didnt make it at release and are promised to be patched in 'sometime in the future'. Things such as Special Ops units, chemical/bio weapons and bunch of other things. Also diplomacy AI leaves a bit to be desired since it is incredibly hard to get the AI to agree with deals. Its definately a game worth buying if you willing to put alot of time into figuring out how everything works. Maintaining your encomy, ensuring things like health care, education etc are all properly funded, trying to keep your budget from going too far into the red, keeping consumer goods going and resources needed produced or imported and of course maintaining your military both with supplies, equipment, funding etc. The game isnt for the faint of hearted or people looking for quick thrill.

Civitate

Sounds like my type of game. I used to think that Hearts of Iron didnt have enough micro management. Plus ive always wanted to "play" with modern weapons of war. The economical stuff sounds abit over the top though. I might give it ago when it comes out here in Australia.
    "In bourgeois society capital is independent and has individuality, while the living person is dependent and has no individuality." - Karl Marx on Capitalism
    Under the patronage of the venerable Marshal Qin. Proud member of the house of Sybian.

Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS)

I tried it and its definately not very good imo. Was in beta and played for a long while until that ended.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

I'll give it a try and see if its any good. I've never had the paitence for micro-ing, but maybe one day I'll finally get it.

- I'm not a pacifist, I'm a pansy.

Quote Originally Posted by Guderian
    Sounds like my type of game. I used to think that Hearts of Iron didnt have enough micro management. Plus ive always wanted to "play" with modern weapons of war. The economical stuff sounds abit over the top though. I might give it ago when it comes out here in Australia.
    Download the demo if you can, its pretty full featured and gives you a good view of things. Its a game you are either going to love or absolutely hate. HOI2 is a better game imo even though not really easy to compare the two.

i played the demo and i loved it, but its heaps more difficult then games like victoria or europa universalis two.
    thanks,
    dizzy

I'll stick to Hearts of Iron II.
    That already is a bit slower than I wanted.
    Although I would like a non absurd Superpower 2.

lol, well I just spent the entire weekend getting may arse kicked. On my last attempt I finally managed to fight Nth and Sth Dakota to a standstill after invading and nearly anihilating Wyoming - mainly because Washington, Idaho and Utah declared war but didn't invade my territory. My economy is a shables, my surviving units are just barely holding their positions, my airforce consists of 1 huey and......some carrier pidgeons maybe. I'm playing as Montana in the demo. I have never had to learn so much nor been beaten so decisivley so many times in a row by a game since i played 'pong' on superfast. Its great!

Definately NOT for the casual gamer.

EeSang's Avatar Hak Saeng

Link? I'm too lazy to look it up myself.

If I spam, give me another half hour to wake up completely.

linkage - lazy bastard

http://www.supremeruler2010.com/

thanks for asking 4 the link, i was to lazy even to ask. I would have sat here thinking.. hmm i wonder what that game would be like, ah well some things a man will just never know. :p
    Ill give you a signature you wont soon forget...