Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex: Abstinence before marriage is the best policy

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

I think legionaireX has a point. There are plenty of good reasons for abstinance. (I can't spell, if that is right its just a guess.) STD's suck. Right now, AIDS is threatening to be a worldwide crisis. It takes a while to detect, a lot of people who have it don't know, and its deadly. Of course you could have yourself and your partner checked before you ... eherm... but most people don't do that.

The only 100 percent safe way is to simply not have sex.

Not to mention pregnancy... There is no fail safe, couples who use condoms and the pill have still gotten pregnant. Hell, even a girl who was born without a vagina got pregnant. And if that doesn't stop it, I don't know what will.

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

thread split
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

Civitate

If legionaireX doesnt want to have sex before marriage thats his choice. Who are you to tell him thats "out of date". And being an athiest has nothing to do with it. Iam an athiest and i dont belive in "unmeaningfull sex" meaning sex where both participants dont fully want each other. So hookers and strippers are out of the question for me.

But i dont go around telling people who sleep with hookers they are not socially acceptable. What the hell does socially acceptable mean in modern society anyway, i think its people who use terms like socially acceptable and socially withdrawn who are "out of date".

And legionareX my god's man calm down about morals it was a joke for reason's sake.
    Last edited by Guderian; June 02, 2005 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Damnit i cannot type
    "In bourgeois society capital is independent and has individuality, while the living person is dependent and has no individuality." - Karl Marx on Capitalism
    Under the patronage of the venerable Marshal Qin. Proud member of the house of Sybian.

Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS)

Scar Face's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

im confused who im directing this too i know the group not the spefic p i thik l tho

heh urbans its the oldest warrior is 2nd mabey least what i heard and i want to beleave it! lol anyways legineriox atheisim has alot to do with it has 90% of religions tell you to have sex with your family or to not have sex till marriage hes happy because he dosent have to abide by stupid rules and like was said earlyier absteiencienacien or w/e is out of date because even though there are deseases how many people listen to them no one cares and they just go ahead condoms birth controll pills are 96-99% accurate and of course those are odds every teenage boy or girl would like as they would never think it would happen to them maby 1 out of 10,000 people dont have sex before marriage and i tell you the reason IF there marriage succeds is because they havent had sex in sooooooo long (ever) and its to good to pass up lol where others its not such a big thing anymore and before they get married its not new so they look to eachother slighltly more intellecutally and so they realize they cant stand eachother for long periods of time (while the people who dont have sex cant look at others intellectualy as there all thinking of sex 24'7) hawhha hm ive lost my self in thoght i had something for every little thing guees ill just have to wait for one of you people to say something so i can talk again go sex before or at 15 oh and many people have had babys as teenagers and still had succesful lives and another stupid reason is because some people that are so hardcore with religion dont have sex before marriage well wut if they prolong marriage for w/e reason and they end up being like 26 things will likly theryl be so frustrated and horny thereyl kill everyone or freak on there spouse be obseesed with sex or be like some people i saw on ophra just not care about sex at all ooo wut a horribile thing that would be eh? as you can see im awfully confused right now and am just babbling on with coherent senteances or thoght g'Day
    Last edited by Scar Face; June 02, 2005 at 11:02 PM.

The only 100 percent safe way is to simply not have sex.
    If a girl is using the pill and you are using a condom correctly the chance of her getting pregnant is less than .01%. If you are using spermicide then the chances are even less than that.

As for STDs, Christian groups are trying to create wide spread paranoia that "Anyone you have sex with will give you a STD and you will die horribly.", and it simply isn't true. Ya, there are a lot of people that have STDs, but if you check out your partner and use protection your chance of getting one are slim to null. And as impossible as it sounds, married people can have STDs too. Sex is sex, the fact that you have a ring on your finger makes no difference.

Having sex is a lot like driving, if you don't know the car, you don't wear your seatbelt, and you don't what areas to avoid you are going to get into trouble. However, if you have researched about the car and know it's safe, if you wear your seat belt, and if you avoid trouble zones you will be fine.

Furthermore, all these abstinence programs are just making kids MORE likely to have high risk sex. Why you ask? Because kids are going to have sex, that is a fact, I believe the number was 85% of kids that that abstinence pledges break them in half a year or so. Kids that hear how "condoms are useless" and are fed the propaganda about they are only 20-50% affective are much less likely to use them when they DO have sex.

Only in a perfect(?) world would this whole abstinence only program work. The only thing it is doing is keeping kids ignorant and unable to fully enjoy their life.

What male in the world doesn't want to have sex at age 15 or 16?
    I encourage it.****ing at sixteen is one of my goals.
    True, ask any 16 year old boy on this matter and if you make him tell the truth he will admit that he does want to have sex whatever he a social outcast, a top honor student, or just a random person, he will admit to the desire. But, just because a person want to doesn't mean he should.

If legionaireX doesnt want to have sex before marriage thats his choice. Who are you to tell him thats its "thats out of date". And being an athiest has nothing to do with it. Iam an athiest and i dont belive in "unmeaningfull sex" meaning sex where both participants dont fully want each other. So hookers and strippers are out of the question for me.

But i dont go around telling people who sleep with hookers they are its not socially acceptable. What the hell socially acceptable mean in modern society anyway, i think its people who use terms like socially acceptable and socially withdrawn who are "out of date".

And legionareX my god's man calm down about morals it was a joke for reason's sake.
    This exactly goes with what I'm trying to say. I do not need to have sex at 15 to be socially accepted. Just because a person is still a virgin at 16 doesn't mean he is socially withdrawn (or classed as a late bloomer by doctors).

Also no standard physcologist or doctor would encourage sex at 16. When did you ever hear your doctor told you that you should be ****ing at 16?

Edit: uhhh, In response to scar face (still don't completely get everything he just said)... well it true it still possible for people to live a long and successful life even though that person had to drop out of school after having babies during teenage years, it not very likely and most of the time... they don't.

I guess my point is that just because the average is 15.3 doesn't mean anyone who don't is socially withdrawn.

Note: damn, ok I'll move to the new thread now...
    Last edited by DarkGhost89; June 02, 2005 at 11:23 PM.

Gelatinous Cube's Avatar Ducenarius

To ask teenagers not to have sex is like asking the sun not to rise. They're going to have sex--end of story. The best way to make sure people are safe from STDs and a bunch of Babies that they can't take care of is to educate them. It's inevitable that they have sex, but not inevitable that they get STDs or have kids.
    Cube: I want a sign from god, in special godly ink, proving his existence.
    Poets: What if you have to take it on Faith?
    Cube: Bah, no deal. That's like a crack-head asking for $5 on Credit.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Promoting abstinence never works, only free condoms do.
    It is what we have in sweden and it works very well.

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Default Lord Tomyris uncovers a timely example:

It works in the USA with that ring thing they do...where they wear a ring to declare abstinence until marriage.

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

Yeah I'v read about sweden, how they give out free condoms and teach kids sex education from theyre 12 and they have the lowest teenage pregnancy ratings in the world.

It works in the USA with that ring thing they do...where they wear a ring to declare abstinence until marriage.
    60 minutes did a story on that, and it does work, for only 10-15% of the people that take these pledges. That was only for 1 year.

What if she's bad in bed dude? Or what if after she or you have sex with each other for the first time you realize what you have been missing out on and go "buckwild"?? I think people who practice abstinence before marriage are responsible for brining up the divorce rate in the world.

LegionnaireX's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DEMETRIOUS II
    What if she's bad in bed dude? Or what if after she or you have sex with each other for the first time you realize what you have been missing out on and go "buckwild"?? I think people who practice abstinence before marriage are responsible for brining up the divorce rate in the world.
    Whoa! You have no basis for these claims. Actually it has been shown through various studies that married couples who do wait have more successful and longer lasting relationships. The people who do not wait are more the ones responsible for bringing up the divorce rate if you are going to blame a certain group on it. The facts stand by me, what is considered cool don't. And if you would seriously divorce your wife because you think she is bad at sex than that goes to show that your relationship was based soley on sex, that is shallow. Plus if you marry somebody who you think is incredibly beautiful than it won't matter whether she has good technique because you'll be having the time of your life. Other than that their are books about good sex technique to look to.

Actually it has been shown through various studies that married couples who do wait have more successful and longer lasting relationships.
    I'm gonna call :wub: on this, my mom works in Marriage and Family Therapy and one of the common problems she sees is married couples that have no idea how to please each other sexually and just go crazy with frustration. Sexual frustration is one of the major reasons there is such a high rate of infidelity.

Plus if you marry somebody who you think is incredibly beautiful than it won't matter whether she has good technique because you'll be having the time of your life.
    If neither of you know what you are doing you will hardly be having a good time. I'm not talking about technique I am talking about a basic knowledge of the opposite sex's body and how to best pleasure them.

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

One of the reasons why people have relationship problems is sex. Many people (not being sexist, but it is proven to be mostly women) associate sex with love. Once they have sex, they think that they are "stuck" in love. Then get married even though they shouldn't have, just because of that one act.

That causes a lot of problems, and waiting could make things better. Still, I'm not claiming that it is the best policy, but you have to admit that abstinence has definate advantages.

And STD's do exist...

"Christian groups are trying to create wide spread paranoia that "Anyone you have sex with will give you a STD and you will die horribly.""... Well, that is just a view of it. While those Christian groups are supposedly spreading their propaganda, you must realise that you are spreading your own: that STD's exist, but are very rare and can be avoided.

Thats not true. While STD's aren't going TO KILL US ALL RUN RUN AND HIDE AND CASTRATE YOURSELF!!!!, millions of people have them. It is easy to get them and although the risk can be minimized, There is no way to completely avoid sexually transmited diseases or unwanted pregnancies if you are sexually active.

The question is, what is the risk, and it is worth the wait to avoid some of it?

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

"There is no way to completely avoid sexually transmited diseases or unwanted pregnancies if you are sexually active."
    nope, it's, There is no way to completely avoid sexually transmited diseases or unwanted pregnancies PERIOD.
    why? there are still people in the world called rapists.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Fire 19
    Yeah I'v read about sweden, how they give out free condoms and teach kids sex education from theyre 12 and they have the lowest teenage pregnancy ratings in the world.
    All hail Sweden! It's the greatest country in the world. Like Norway. But they don't kill whales. Or like Finland ... (ah nah, just kidding Finland is not in any way comparable to anything else. Think smooth. Think leisure. Think Finland!)

And while we're at it:

"Wieners in buns. No condiments. It's Hank's way. Anything else is WRONG!"
    When will you finally understand it?

LegionnaireX's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Al Thor
    I'm gonna call :wub: on this, my mom works in Marriage and Family Therapy and one of the common problems she sees is married couples that have no idea how to please each other sexually and just go crazy with frustration. Sexual frustration is one of the major reasons there is such a high rate of infidelity.

If neither of you know what you are doing you will hardly be having a good time. I'm not talking about technique I am talking about a basic knowledge of the opposite sex's body and how to best pleasure them.
    Just because some married couples have lost their sex drives doesn't mean squat. So people have issues. They've lost their sex drives. Most of the time those are old people.

Ask your mom whether she thinks it is the best policy to abstain from sex until marriage. I'd be incredibly suprised if she said no.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Zuwxiv
    One of the reasons why people have relationship problems is sex. Many people (not being sexist, but it is proven to be mostly women) associate sex with love. Once they have sex, they think that they are "stuck" in love. Then get married even though they shouldn't have, just because of that one act.
    True but that is religions fault for making sex a "binding contract"

And STD's do exist...
    Who is denying that ??

"Christian groups are trying to create wide spread paranoia that "Anyone you have sex with will give you a STD and you will die horribly.""... Well, that is just a view of it. While those Christian groups are supposedly spreading their propaganda, you must realise that you are spreading your own: that STD's exist, but are very rare and can be avoided.
    Deadly STDs are rare but if you are dumb enough to play without protection then most STDs you just go to a doctor and get it fixed(except herpes). No problem or shame in it.

Thats not true. While STD's aren't going TO KILL US ALL RUN RUN AND HIDE AND CASTRATE YOURSELF!!!!, millions of people have them. It is easy to get them and although the risk can be minimized, There is no way to completely avoid sexually transmited diseases or unwanted pregnancies if you are sexually active.

The question is, what is the risk, and it is worth the wait to avoid some of it?
    You can get hit by a car walk across the street but you still do it.
    If you play safe and smart then the chances are next to 0 of getting anything.
    If you are not sure of your partner then ask her to check with the doctor and you too.
    If you are both clean and playing safe and still get a std or pregnant then watch out because you are gonna get struck by lightning next.
    I say it is worth it.
    Even if it doesn't work out with that girl then the experience will come in handy with the next girl.
    A good sexlife is the key to a good relationship and without experience then you won't last long these days.
    Women want to be pleased and have an orgasm and if you can't give it to them then they will go to someone that can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Al Thor
    Having sex is a lot like driving, if you don't know the car, you don't wear your seatbelt, and you don't what areas to avoid you are going to get into trouble. However, if you have researched about the car and know it's safe, if you wear your seat belt, and if you avoid trouble zones you will be fine.
    when i read that i cracked up for a min. trouble areas... lol i kept thinking of accidently stickin it in a bum... ewwy pewwy!! lol

yea the pledges are stupid

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast