Thread: Making Post Revolution Uniforms for France work with APE:TI

Default Making Post Revolution Uniforms for France work with APE:TI

Hi, i have downloaded the mod Revolution Francaise and figured out that when used with your mod after the french revolution the unit stats change back. This is because the units have own stats in the pack file for RF. Now i wanted just simply replace them with your unit stats and make it like that, after the French Revolution all the units just have to change the uniforms and not the stats...
    I tried to open the unit land stats table from your ModCore file, but with the Pack File Manager it did not open, always sending me an error message. Can you you help me please with that, or maybe implement the post revolution uniforms for france to your mod? Actually i think this is the most important uniform mod that should have been in the vanilla game in the first place...i hate rebellious french dressed in bourbon white.
    I am open for any ideas and suggestions since i think the support for these mods are fading and no one really makes em combatible for post patch or any mods.
    Thank you.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default Re: Makeing Post Revolution Uniforms for France work with APE:TI

Quote Originally Posted by Nigrinus View Post
    Hi, i have downloaded the mod Revolution Francaise and figured out that when used with your mod after the french revolution the unit stats change back. This is because the units have own stats in the pack file for RF. Now i wanted just simply replace them with your unit stats and make it like that, after the French Revolution all the units just have to change the uniforms and not the stats...
    I tried to open the unit land stats table from your ModCore file, but with the Pack File Manager it did not open, always sending me an error message. Can you you help me please with that, or maybe implement the post revolution uniforms for france to your mod? Actually i think this is the most important uniform mod that should have been in the vanilla game in the first place...i hate rebellious french dressed in bourbon white.
    I am open for any ideas and suggestions since i think the support for these mods are fading and no one really makes em combatible for post patch or any mods.
    Thank you.
    You need pack file manager 1.11b but you shouldn't even have to edit the db, just include the uniforms in the graphics pack I think.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Alpaca is most likely correct -- depending on what units the textures are for.

Would it be possible for you to list the .tga files from the unitmodels/textures section of the mod with the new skins?
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

I had the same problem, you have to make sure the exe. file is in the same folder as the rest of the files or it won't work. I found the simplest method was using the 'replace with' function, or simply deleting the skin that you want to be replaced out of the APE TI skins folder.

Default Re: Making Post Revolution Uniforms for France work with APE:TI

Well i am not sure if you are aware that i want to keep the pre revolutionary bourbon white and when the revolution sets in and is successful i want the uniforms to be blue/red/white. When i change only the skins then it is blue from the start or not?

What you would have to do is create a new unit -- the vanilla one pre-revolutionary, the one you make is post.

You would need to define a new model for the new unit and assign it the custom skin.

You would also need to edit the DB to tell it to STOP using the vanilla unit when the government changes to repulic and to switch to the new unit!

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    What you would have to do is create a new unit -- the vanilla one pre-revolutionary, the one you make is post.

You would need to define a new model for the new unit and assign it the custom skin.

You would also need to edit the DB to tell it to STOP using the vanilla unit when the government changes to repulic and to switch to the new unit!

Hope that helps!
    There is already a mod out there that is doing this...calles revolution francaise from Mr.Thib...unfortunately it is not compatible with APE. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=mr+thib
    In fact it works but the unit stats are vanilla. is there a way to easily copy and paste the stats for these units so that they use the same stats as the pre revolutionary armies? I could do it step by step, but it would take a lot of time and i just want to ask if there is an easy way to do this. And if not, i might take a shot and maybe alpaca could use it in a next version of APE?

By that way...how can i upload a file here?
    Last edited by Nigrinus; June 11, 2009 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigrinus View Post
    There is already a mod out there that is doing this...calles revolution francaise from Mr.Thib...unfortunately it is not compatible with APE. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=mr+thib
    In fact it works but the unit stats are vanilla. is there a way to easily copy and paste the stats for these units so that they use the same stats as the pre revolutionary armies? I could do it step by step, but it would take a lot of time and i just want to ask if there is an easy way to do this. And if not, i might take a shot and maybe alpaca could use it in a next version of APE?

By that way...how can i upload a file here?
    No real easy way, unless you want to use excel to copy and paste information. It can be done; you'd just open one unit stats' .tsv then the other .tsv. You'd copy the regular line infantry's stats from the APE: TI table over the top of the corresponding revolutionary unit's stats.

I'm sure with proper Excel knowledge it can be even easier.

I would use rapidshare for file tranfers -- also, any work done with units and such, send my way as I am the one who handles units!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; June 11, 2009 at 06:03 PM.

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

You have to a file sharing account like rapidshare, and include a link to the area where you file is stored. Waronmar's French retexture is good too, i've cut and clipped their units into my own liking. Im starting to see strange officer/Infantry variations. And all the guard units are plain white now..

Hi, i am actually sitting here playing with the stats right now for this to work properly...now i have seen that in the revolution francaise mod the units have all vanilla style spaces between each man in the unit, they stand not as tight as in APE...what is causing the line staying more tight or more loose?
    can you please help me with that?

In APE:TI the rank spacing and file spacing (located after the unit's morale) have both been adjusted!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; June 14, 2009 at 02:26 PM.

Thank you, so when i just copy the stats from APE into the rev.francaise files in to the proper unit rows, everything should be fine and i dont need to worry...thanks for your reply.

In APE:TI the rank spacing and file spacing )located after the units morale) have both been adjusted!
    By the way: It looks like the game sometimes switches between different file spacings when toggling fire at will... this is a bit annoying because the soldiers will cancel the reload animation every time.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    By the way: It looks like the game sometimes switches between different file spacings when toggling fire at will... this is a bit annoying because the soldiers will cancel the reload animation every time.
    I'll look into this, what firing drill is being used?

Also, do both spacings change or just one?

It crashes the game...and i dont know why. I think it is not as easy as i thought and while i am not very patient...i just stop playing french now, because it sucks that this feature is not implemented in the game altready.

I'll look into this, what firing drill is being used?

Also, do both spacings change or just one?
    Mass fire. And no, only the file spacing seems to be affected, they draw very close together when I enable fire at will sometimes.

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida Espańa, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

yeah i have seen the spacing happen, it has caused some of my troops to kill each other as they overlap, is it something that can be dearly adressed??