Thread: House Rules

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Default House Rules

Ok question, I know its againts house rules to conquer a province and then let the rebels take it back, but im playing the Dutch and for some reason Britain has declared war on me from the start.

Well I guess they really didnt like the way that i was taking all the trade. So i was wondering if it was ok if i invade Scotland and let Scotland rebels take over creating there own country.

In my mind i would be helping the rebelion out. would that be against house rules?

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida Espaņa, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

Default Re: House Rules

well m8 if you do well just have to court martial you for going against Alpacas self made creed

ah but sod it, go ahead its your campaign ! you got my support to procede!

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    Ok question, I know its againts house rules to conquer a province and then let the rebels take it back, but im playing the Dutch and for some reason Britain has declared war on me from the start.

Well I guess they really didnt like the way that i was taking all the trade. So i was wondering if it was ok if i invade Scotland and let Scotland rebels take over creating there own country.

In my mind i would be helping the rebelion out. would that be against house rules?
    House rules aren't fixed, play it however you like - I'm sure you have some good sense about what you think is right to be done in the game and what isn't.

Letting rebels take the settlements is fine in any case, it's not mentioned in the house rules at all. What you shouldn't do is giving the settlement to a third party, for example taking Amsterdam and giving it to the Barbary Pirates, then conquering the empty settlement again - sans the vanilla resistance to occupation modifier. Giving it to your protectorates isn't fine, either, as diplomatically traded settlements have a much lower resistance to your rule than conquered ones.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

You could liberate your Irish allies, who man your fleets.
    Para Todos Todo, Para Nosotros Nada. - Subcommandante Marcos
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

i liberated irland, and they declared war on me a few turns later... lol it hurt cos i am spanish but half irish aswell so, it was difficult for me to kill em all jajaja

Praepositus

Lol, I have no difficulty killing. My nationality isn't even in the game!

where you from m8??

Praepositus

I've lived in the Philippines for about 4 years, then my family moved to America and we've been here since

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Well play Louisiana, they where the first asians to america. Look up the Manilamen. You should create a unit called the manilamen.

jeje nice spanish ex colony are you philipean in origin??

Praepositus

Er... the term is Filipino, and yes I am full Filipino. But the real thing that bugs me is that I've never actually learned my native language. I've been an English speaker my whole life and I've never learned Tagalog (native language of the Philippines) even though I've been living there for four years, and I was born there. And yeah, I know about the whole Spanish ex-colony, Spanish-American war and stuff.

jeje nice (sorry my miss spealt filipino i was in a rush i knrew it was wrong) , well you can always go back and have check it out. how old where you when you left??

Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    Well play Louisiana, they where the first asians to america. Look up the Manilamen. You should create a unit called the manilamen.
    I don't really know how to create a unit. I did find out that the manilamen worked as pirates, so is it possible I could add the Pirate mob unit to Louisiana and rename it to manilamen and edit their stats?