Thread: [TTWM AAR] The Rise of the Sun

Default [TTWM AAR] The Rise of the Sun

My new AAR. hopefully lasts onger then my U.P. one. Due to fraps stop working and ETW not working.
    I am using Toon TotalWar's Mod; Continental, British, Hessian, Spanish, French and Indian Armies mods for American Revolution.

The Rise of the Sun.

PROLOGUE

It all happened so quick. French voices then gun shots. I'm lucky to be alive. My whole unit made it out ,a little cuts and bruises nothing us scotch men can't handle. There was five units of the 71st Highlander brigade stationed at London waiting to be transported for the New World. Maybe they have to stay to recounquer our home. I am traveling to London as we speak. I'm a private in the Kings service. It's a harsh life but it's fun. Killing people is a lot of fun, it's what i like to do getting paid or not. The same thing is with my unit. We are called the Life Takers.

How shameful we are to run away from those Frenchmen. We would have all died but still i feel ashamed. I want to lead the unit over there and kill them. Kill them all I say. I left my whole family back ther as well as my friends. I'm sure their fighting. If they kill the french they better give it back to the king other wise I fear we might kill our friends and family.

I pray to the Lord that he may give us a chance to kill Frenchmen. How i wish we had more Highlanders up their. Hopefully King William will be kind and let us serve still and bring reinforcements to Edinburgh.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

*Authors note* This mod only adds more units it did not make France invade. They just invaded with Vanilla.
    Last edited by pericles_plato; July 19, 2009 at 09:04 PM.
    Got nothing...

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Default Re: [ETW AAR/TTWM] The Rise of the Sun

Nice! Yet more proof that naval invasions do happen! Hopefully we'll see even more examples with the new AI tweaks in upcoming patches.

Keep writing!

Default Re: [ETW AAR/TTWM] The Rise of the Sun

I have enough pictures for two updates. My computer is going to bestbuy for theirs a huge virus on it. Hopefully they can save my saved game files and frap photos. I'ss have three updates so it's be small.

CHAPTER 1 part 1 out of 3

King William has agreed to allow us to stay employed in his service. If we retreat once it's our lives. I assured him we are the new Spartans. No retreat, no surrender, only attack attack attack. We either take Edinburgh or we die. I'm glad it's that way it should all ways have been that way. Makes the men here more powered to kill. Can't kill as good as me. No one can. We are marching our selves with 5 units of the 71st Highlanders and 2 regiments of cavalry to Edinburgh.

The locals did it. They actually did it. They beat those french bastards. I am very happy. I think happy thoughts like my wife and son is their waiting for me. How much I miss the laughter of my son and the smile of my wife. Nobody takes the Scots except the Scots.
    My unit marches to Edinburgh so the town may rightfully go to King William. Once that is done we will have a celebration. Then it's French killing time.

There is a problem, the locals are talking about keeping the town theirs, making Scotland by it's own they say. Worst of all the leafer is my father. My brother is in one of the militia. I have 5 brothers the other three are in the army in America. I wish their was another way but if their aint God help us.

We are at war and now it's either kill my friends and family because they are going against the rightful king or i die. I get paid to kill the kings enemies so kill them I must. I shall have no mercy. Who ever is against the king is against me. They should all die a traitors death. They should have given the land back to the king. Noe they have to die. Die a cold a painful death. God forgive me what I' m about to do. Forgive us all. I start to weep for.....

.......This is no normal battle....

...... this is CIVIL WAR!!!!!!
    Last edited by pericles_plato; June 12, 2009 at 11:48 PM.
    Got nothing...

Default Re: [ETW/TTWM AAR] The Rise of the Sun *UPDATED 6/13/09*

I like it so far. keep going.

uzi716's Avatar Ordinarius

I like it, keep it up

Kneißl's Avatar Semisalis

Nice, some spelling mistakes though, unless its on purpose to go with the accent *shrugs* anyhow this should play out interesting. I hope yo uget your computer fixed soon

Mathias Kneißl - Kampf Um Europa
    | Raiba Kneißl - GSTK

Quote Originally Posted by Fedenka View Post
    Nice, some spelling mistakes though, unless its on purpose to go with the accent *shrugs* anyhow this should play out interesting. I hope yo uget your computer fixed soon

In two weeks i can turn it in. I don't have that much money to. It's conflicker or sumtin like that.
    I'm trying to do a scottish/southern style.

Up date next week and the third update two weeks. If computer not fixed by then i'll pick up some images of somewhere and do a flashback thing.

I might need someone's help if my file are lost. Hopefully not but just incase i need someone to play a bit for i am using the laptop which can not play it. This probably won't happen so don't worry about it.

thank you all for your comments. I'm going to finish this AAR even if it kills me.
    Got nothing...

Chapter 1 Part 2 of 3

This will be a sad day. Brothers killing brothers. Fathers killing sons and sons killing fathers. We will all be shocked after the battle for the loss of relatives. We were all close. Most of us grew up together near Edinburgh. We wait march to the walls of their capital to stop their treachery.

Soon the bugle is sounded and we march. We are all nervous. No one has killed loved ones before. As we march closer sweat thickens. Our bodies shake like a dog shaking off water. I think of the good times me and my father had. This will be hard.

We make it to the wall with our brethren shooting at us from the walls. My friends are dieing. They are no brethren of mine those betrayers they are enemies of the crown and will kill anyone even a close brother. I take a grappling hook from one of the soldier and twirl it around to get it on the wall.

I hook it up to the wall and start climing it. I want to kill those bastards. They should know better than to do this. They will all die by my hands. I was the first up their. I took my musket with the bayonet on it and start swingin and stabbing. I'm killing relatives. I see a cousin of mine gapping for breath after stabbin g him in the stomach. I show no mercy to all. These traitors shall all die. They try to shoot me but they can not aim. They no not how to shoot right. I show how by shooting some rebel. I hear shouts behind me and shout way ahead of me. The shouts of the brave 71st higlanders. I am happy that they are as mad as me and want to kill them all.

I hear people screaming for help and retreating. I understand that they are retreating. They can retreat I won't. The fighting is tense. I won't give up. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!

I see darkness, black like.........
    Got nothing...

Default Re: [ETW/TTWM AAR] The Rise of the Sun *UPDATED 6/26/09*

Chapter 1 part 3 of 3

I'm getting angrier every second. Some of the men are retreating. Not the Life Takers. Never us. We came in knowing take the city or we die.

They can retreat for all i care. I want to get this over with and kill the French. No one makes a fool out of me and lives. I feel a blackness. Rage is filling up my body. It's time to show these rebels what fighting is all about.

Victory is finally in our favor. WE have fought long and hard and came up with a great victory.
    We stood and fought for the crown and killed our relatives and friends. Now that this is over we must go into a mourning.

After this victory I went to look for my wife and kids. I went to the house in Edinburgh. It was burned to the ground. I did not know what to feel. It looks like my family is dead. A neighbor came buy and embraced me with a hug and told me the French took them away. I was devastated. I want to kill the French even more now. They invade my homeland. Take all of Scotland. Take my wife and kids and God know who else. They also caused the brave and honorable scots to kill each other. These show no greater cause for a war. A just war at that. Time to show those Frenchies what real Scotsmen are like.

*the reason i am using hatred to france is because the invaded Scotland. It got me mad.*
    Got nothing...

Default Re: [ETW/TTWM AAR] The Rise of the Sun

woah, nice! I thought this was dead. keep going

finian1712

Default Re: [ETW/TTWM AAR] The Rise of the Sun

MORE MORE PLEASE

Default Re: [TTWM AAR] The Rise of the Sun

Well me computer got back some days ago. Gonna have an update next week. All files were gone so have to play to this spot which is like nothing happened i guess.
    Got nothing...

Default Re: [TTWM AAR] The Rise of the Sun

Chapter II. Something new *no pictures just story*
    I was told to take some leave. I don't. I wan't to back and kill some Frenchmen and get my family back. My father had a house in the fields. It's beautiful. It makes me.... forget the world around me. It feels good but my heart aches. I go through my fathers books. I find a strange old book. It brings tears to my eyes. Before i joined the army my father told me this was my book if he died. I go back outside with the book. This pasture is the best in the world. I sit down and open the book. It looks like a diary..................

The last name looks familiar. Wallace. Aye my great great great great grandfathers name. William i think his first name was. He died so early his son never saw him. What us Scots do for freedom. I think of this moment and the moment my dad lead the rebellion. He wanted Scotland free like hid ancestor. I stopped him, I am an enemy of my ancestor. So this is what my father loved so much.... freedom. I can understand, we are ruled over by a German from Hanover. I feel sadness. A longing for my wife and child. I feel troubled. Freedom....... is it worth it? I see France as an ally now not as an enemy. We've been allies for how many centuries? To many to count. I think my father was right. Scotland for the Scots. It in my blood. William Wallace.... hero to scotland and he's my ancestor. Time I went to my ancestors side and help get Scotland free. FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!

**********Sorry it's short it'll be longer next time suffering from huge headache.
    Got nothing...