Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mezmerize

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Default Mezmerize

Anyone else listened to System of A Down's new album? I found it to be pretty good, though some of the songs were to hard core for my taste. It's amazing that all of those crazy lyrics mean something far more important.

Oh, and yeah, they're Armenian. Yes, score!

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Yeah I have listened to it and I like it! I believe it to be the best album released by System of the Down thus far! Never forget the Armenian Genocide!
    Give unto the king what is the king's, and unto God what is God's.
    -German Proverb
    Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Kaiser!

YAH!!! I liked Steal this Album a lot to. The songs were more subdued and had greater meaning than Toxicity. Like "Boom", Innervision, Nuguns, ADD, Mr. Jack, etc etc

NEVER FORGET!

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

bah... I don't like political stuff... Ariya for example had 0 political songs so far!

actually, the only member that is really politically motiviated is Serj, the singer.

if the music's good listen to it, if its political or not.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Armenian, eh?
    All Hail the Ottoman Empire.

System of A Down rocks, and so does Audioslave...go Axis of Justice, both its bands reached #1 in album sales. I can't wait for new records from MxPx, Foo Fighters, No Use For A Name, and Pennywise this summer.
    SecureROM is stupid....

Quote Originally Posted by therussian91
    actually, the only member that is really politically motiviated is Serj, the singer.
    Darion is pretty motivated also.
    SecureROM is stupid....

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

Try reading this thread while pretending that you don't know the subject. It sounds pretty disturbing... Armenian genocide, ADD, toxicity? Steal this album?

I like their songs, but they are not one of my favorite artrists. I like the postal service, and I have a program that lets me make my own techno...

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Remember, Hypnotize is the other half of this years SOAD album, is coming in the fall.
    SecureROM is stupid....

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

I haven't heard the other albums of System of a Down yet, but the cd "Toxicity" rocked. I like EVERY song on that cd and that doesn't happen alot.
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

Goose's Avatar Civis

Question! has got to be one of the best songs on the CD. such awesome guitar and drums in the chorus.

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Default Lord Tomyris responds keenly:

Ooh, SoAD!!!

*Bursts into song*

Everybody going to the forum gonna have a good time;
    Dancing in the threads, blowing up the spamshine.

*Burts out of song*

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

Cigaro is probably the only song I dont like on Mezmerize. It sounds pretty wierd, but means something completely different

http://www.mp3search.ru/album.html?id=28671

You can download it here for 99 cents, may I add.

or there is another, BETTER way of getting the songs.....

Quote Originally Posted by Goose
    Question! has got to be one of the best songs on the CD. such awesome guitar and drums in the chorus.
    I like "Sad Statue" the best.
    SecureROM is stupid....

I like the album a lot, although I don't usually listen to this 'type' of music.

Sad statue is awesome. I like the actual music, and then you add the lyrics...wow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast