Thread: WTW Suggestion

Laetus

Default WTW Suggestion

Hi Westeros Team,

I have been looking at the game and see that cities dont expand and this is a game of conquering cities.
    I have a whole load of suggestions to make gameplay better, however until I have read all the books it may be irrelevent to the game.

Suggestion 1.
    I suggest that cities should have a natural garrison when under seige, i.e a mixed guard of armoured troops depending upon the city armoury. Resulting in 2 or 3 units of Town guard (spearmen), plus 2 or 3 units of bowmen (not crossbowmen, as crossbowmen where traditionally in the army.),
    as all medieval cities would have a small force to govern the people. The army was not necessary to govern but to conquer or add addittional force.

These troops would be free and only available while under seige, for defending the city. The size of the force would be dependent on the size of the population. And they are naturally replaced by the population once killed if the city is not taken by the enemy.

I have no doubt, I ll have more suggestions in the coming weeks the more I play!

Darkstar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: WTW Suggestion

FYI, I branched this post off into it's own thread.

Cities still won't expand in v1.0 but the starting tech trees have been greatly reduced so you will be able to upgrade many of the building in each settlement.

I'm hoping to make a Garrison script unnecessary through some creative editing of the AI but we will consider one if necessary. There is already a garrison script in place for Dornish settlements.

How about some unique units ?

Quote Originally Posted by knight_12 View Post
    How about some unique units ?
    I think we're open to suggestions for unique units.

Quote Originally Posted by daddytorgo View Post
    I think we're open to suggestions for unique units.
    Well i was just asking but now i bought the books and when i finished them maybe i will have some ideas

why just dorne?

Darkstar's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by I Killed Kenny View Post
    why just dorne?
    Not sure why they just gave one to dorne. I assume it was because Dorne was said to be impossible to conquer in the novels.

Maybe we should just have a garrison script for different cultures?

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."