Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jared the Pipers Retexture Project (Courland done, Sweden Work-in-Progress) PLUS: Adding Cuirasseurs and Hussars to the swedish rooster!

Default Jared the Pipers Retexture Project (Courland done, Sweden Work-in-Progress) PLUS: Adding Cuirasseurs and Hussars to the swedish rooster!

COURLAND RETEXTURE
    Oh-the-Awesome and Realistic

Hi folks.
    Maybe some of you have noticed already in the WIP-Section, but now for everyone

I present the retexture project for the tiny country named Courland!

I give you two Versions:

One, the "OhtheAwesome" pack, that deals with the questions "How would Courlands army look if it were a major power?" so its the pack for the people who want to play as Courland, using several mods.

The other is the "Realistic" pack, where most soldiers are mercenarys either from Saxony or from Poland. There are though some units that are the same like in the OTA-Pack, for example the Company Infantry and Republican Guards, since Courland never gets that far in the game and never got in history.
    So, the realistic pack is for people who want to have a nice looking courland enemy and of course history fans.

Screen for the realistic pack:

Screen for the OTA-Pack:

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!

Step 1: Install the ModManager if you havent
    Step 2: Extract one of the both files into your /data-folder
    Step 3. Activate one of the both with the Mod-Manager

Note: You cant have both versions activated at the same time and I think this should fairly clear, but I pointed it out anyway.
    Last edited by Jared the Piper; June 19, 2009 at 08:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nabo1er View Post
    Obviously this Banzai fellow has never seen Parisian billboards soap adds near the airport. Nipples as big as cars! Well, small cars anyway.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=268066
    My Retexture Project! Courland Done, Sweden next!

Default Re: Jared the Pipers retexture Project (Courland done, Sweden next)

SWEDEN REALISTIC RETEXTURE
    mostly based off the SYW and the GNW

I try to be detailed and accurate, my sources are mostly the statensarkiv and kronoskav

1. Unit done:

Swedish Line

Screens of Back and Front and pack for use attached in a second... just wait a moment...

Front:

Back:

Swedish Regiment of Horse:

Swedish Artillery (Foot and Horse):

Bohusläns Dragoner (light Dragoons)

Musician1

Musician2

Guards

Grenadiers

Guardcavalry

2. Additional Units!

I added Swedish Cuirrassiers and Swedish Hussars to the rooster, to better represent the importance of cavalry in the swedish army.

Swedish Cuirassiers

Swedish Hussars

You can now download the mod that adds husarer and kyrrasiärer to the swedish rooster.

The "Swedenaddunits.pack" adds the units into the rooster, the "SwAddRet.pack" gives them proper skins.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the files and extract into your /data folder
    2. Activate them in your modmanager
    3. ???
    4. Profit!
    Last edited by Jared the Piper; July 22, 2009 at 05:20 AM.
    Obviously this Banzai fellow has never seen Parisian billboards soap adds near the airport. Nipples as big as cars! Well, small cars anyway.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: Jared the Pipers retexture Project (Courland done, Sweden next)

Thanks Jared,great work!
    allready had the beta(?)from the Wip,Dling the realistic 1 Now
    +1 rep to you
    cheers

Default Re: Jared the Pipers retexture Project (Courland done, Swedish Line ready to download)

Dont you ever try to upload something with ISDN, you get nuts.

Swedish Line for download, I work on the different versions like Närke_Värmlands Regiment (red instead of saffron) and Västerbottens Infantry (white instead of saffron) for your use.

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Jared the Pipers retexture Project (Courland done, Swedish Line ready to download)

Good work Jared!
    Check out:
    ''Ancien Régime'' a ETW Re-texture Project ( France, Poland-lithuania, etc...)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245857
    Regalia of Nations ( Flag, sounds, uniforms, effects mod):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1189

I just realized in your Swedish pictures that your troops are left-handed.

Hmm, maybe every soldier has to hold the musket in his left hand (I also see this in all the sources and historical pictures...)

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Very good use of the colour Jared - that blue and yellow is great, well done, thanks +REP
    btw just looked at & downloaded your courland pack - fantastic, again love the colour
    Last edited by plissken3; June 11, 2009 at 07:31 AM.
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Well thanks plissken! I always try to integrate the new skins in the game, speaking of colours and the "feeling" of the skins. They should fit in, not stand out of the others.

I did a WIP on the Guards, but sadly they looked like .
    The problem with the swedish army is basically that they were very very uniform, so all the different models hinder my work to make the swedish army unique. I gave the guards a uniform very similar to the line infantry, but you could still see the ornated buttons and all that, and it made the skin look wiered.
    I have to give it another try later... and I guess I will first make the drum (drumslägare) and Officer for the line before going on with artillery and cavalry.

Cheshire Cat's Avatar Civis

Good work Jared +rep sorry posted on your other thread..

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Jared I eagerly await your next units & screens keep up the good work
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Thaks for thus. I'm starting a new campaign as Courland. Great skins.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Smeel's Avatar Semisalis

This is the best Swedish retexture I've seen so far! Good work on the buttons!
    About the swedish army being uniform, that's not entirely right. At the time of the 7 years war, maybe, but at the starting date 1700, a lot of regiments still used old carolean uniforms, which meant very diverse colours. The artillery used grey coats with blue details, and the Livgarde(life guards), used blue uniforms with white details, at least the cavalry wing.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to
    (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

Beautiful skins, Jared. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicOfClones View Post
    I just realized in your Swedish pictures that your troops are left-handed.
    This was the formal position for shouldered arms in most European armies of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeel View Post
    This is the best Swedish retexture I've seen so far! Good work on the buttons!
    About the swedish army being uniform, that's not entirely right. At the time of the 7 years war, maybe, but at the starting date 1700, a lot of regiments still used old carolean uniforms, which meant very diverse colours. The artillery used grey coats with blue details, and the Livgarde(life guards), used blue uniforms with white details, at least the cavalry wing.
    Thanks for the explanations! Do you have any pictures or detailed sources I can use? I mostly have some from the SYW and the late era, and would love some pics from e.g. the GNW!

To all: Sorry for missing some updates the last time, but I had much to do (I just had a concert (im not named "the Piper" for no reason) and passed my boat drivers licence examination and well gaduated from school recently so lot stuff to do *laugh*)
    I think I will have more time now and can continue to work on my skins.
    Last edited by Jared the Piper; June 13, 2009 at 04:46 PM.

Smeel's Avatar Semisalis

No problem, I would really try to retexture Sweden by myself, but I'm not so good at it.

Well, the best source on the early uniforms that I know of would be the book "Karoliner", by Alf Åberg & Göte Göransson. I used to paint tin soldiers when I was a kid, and I really loved that book. Probably not that easy to get if your not in Sweden. I could see if I can find it and take a look. I've been looking at that Kronoskaf site, and it's pretty cool. If your'e gonna do a swedish retexture basing it on syw uniforms, Iwould think these might be apropriate:

Line infantry, Pikemen & Grenadiers: The classical Carolean uniform

Guard Infantry: could be exactly the same as above, or you could base it on the The Queen's lifeguard.

Household infantry:the uniform of Adelsfanan, a cavalry regiment manned by nobles.

Bodyguard cavalry: The same as above

Regiment of horse: Smålands kyrassiärer, the most common cavalry uniform

Dragoon: Bohusläns dragoner,

artillery:

Grenadier and an officer.

I stumbled on this page in the swedish Krigsarkivet, detailed paintings of the uniforms of 1765.
    Congrats to the driver's license and finishing school

No problem, I would really try to retexture Sweden by myself, but I'm not so good at it.

Well, the best source on the early uniforms that I know of would be the book "Karoliner", by Alf Åberg & Göte Göransson. I used to paint tin soldiers when I was a kid, and I really loved that book. Probably not that easy to get if your not in Sweden. I could see if I can find it and take a look. I've been looking at that Kronoskaf site, and it's pretty cool. If your'e gonna do a swedish retexture basing it on syw uniforms, Iwould think these might be apropriate:

Line infantry, Pikemen & Grenadiers: The classical Carolean uniform

Guard Infantry: could be exactly the same as above, or you could base it on the The Queen's lifeguard.

Household infantry:the uniform of Adelsfanan, a cavalry regiment manned by nobles.

Bodyguard cavalry: The same as above

Regiment of horse: Smålands kyrassiärer, the most common cavalry uniform

Dragoon: Bohusläns dragoner,

artillery:

Grenadier and an officer.

I stumbled on this page in the swedish Krigsarkivet, detailed paintings of the uniforms of 1765.
    Congrats to the driver's license and finishing school
    Well, thanks for the artillery pic, but unfortunately I have to tell you that I use the statsarkiv and kronoskaf from the beginning, but anyway thanks for pointing them out

Double Post (how shameless of me)

Sweden Regiment of Horse.
    In my game the RoH looks glitchy though, I am not sure if this is a model problem or a problem of the skin, please tell me if you too face the following: The boots get white if you zoom in, as wel that the skin on the stomach-area gets distorted and twisted.

Anyway, here an beta-upload.

EDIT: Also, preview on foot artillery (i will bake foot grey and both horse and elite artillery dark blue, to have both versions of uniforms)

Last edited by Jared the Piper; June 15, 2009 at 10:49 AM.

Smeel's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Jared the Pipers retexture Project (Courland done, Swedish Line and Regiment of Horse)

Oh well then If I find the book I could share some scans with you....
    As for the new textures, stunningly beautiful as always!

Är du från Sverige/are you from Sweden by any chance?

Default Re: Jared the Pipers retexture Project (Courland done, Swedish Line and Regiment of Horse)

Oh well then If I find the book I could share some scans with you....
    As for the new textures, stunningly beautiful as always!

Är du från Sverige/are you from Sweden by any chance?
    Nej, jag är från tyskland men jag älskar sverige!

If you could scan this book it would rock totally!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast