Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Animation for Beginners

Default Re: Animation for Beginners

Eothese, did you mean by height, the skeleton scale factor in EDU or ?

Height as in height, the only custom skeleton I've used was the wardog and this has an entry for height in descr_animal. Setting it a little higher than the height values in descr_mount stopped both 'dog statues' (default anim) and a CTD. The reasoning behind it being that fatality/victim anims are not applied to cavalry...

In EDU there were apparently height and radius entries in RTW which M2 may still accept. I guess the bounding box or model comment in MS3D may do the same thing as I have some scaled up models which never seem to suffer a fatality/victim anim, but that could just be as they are hard as nails.

But this is like Pythagoras theorem, it can never be proved I just trust that it works.

Thx. I'll try to fix that with some texting then.

+rep

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Ummm...In my medieval root folder I cannot find my cas files. I have unpacked it and the only thing in the animation folders are the pack.dat and other 3 and a folder called engines with the siege cas files. The rest are not there. Any help?

haven't red the whole topic..i'm not even sure if this is an animation or texture etc issue...just an "one-hit" question

could it be possible to make a sword or staff "flame-up" (like arrows,maybe for the sword not just the tip but the whole blade) while a general's "hero ability" is on ?
    just his not the bodyguards' unit

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    haven't red the whole topic..i'm not even sure if this is an animation or texture etc issue...just an "one-hit" question

could it be possible to make a sword or staff "flame-up" (like arrows,maybe for the sword not just the tip but the whole blade) while a general's "hero ability" is on ?
    It could but you need a model and texture for the fire and the animation which triggers when you hero ability is on so it could take some work with the coding.

-the character's model(s) is existing (witchking from "the third age" ..)
    -texture and animation should be a "simple" (maybe easily said by me ,that i don't have a clue) fire's ones..
    just a sword in flames ..(don't know how that applies to battle animations though..)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

anyway..so ,from your point of view it's doable even though far fetched

thanks for responding..
    Last edited by Noobio; April 29, 2011 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMalevolentKing View Post
    Ummm...In my medieval root folder I cannot find my cas files. I have unpacked it and the only thing in the animation folders are the pack.dat and other 3 and a folder called engines with the siege cas files. The rest are not there. Any help?
    You need to download the unpacked anims.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post

Not even remotely possible.

eothese

"not even remotely possible " ,generaly speaking of the hero ability--triggering-->specific animation thing, or in general (there just can't be a flaming sword or a light-spreading staff etc) ?

judging by your signature ,i guess you're into fantasy concepts too (even though i'm not familiar with your signature's specific one..)..so you must have a certain experience on these "special eye-candies" ..

would it be impossible ,to make some visually "magic-weapons" ,even if trying to "manipulate" existing animations like the greek flamethrower ? (maybe building a single general's model on that in order to seem like a weapon spitting fire ?)

First problem is going to be triggering the effect, it's not possible. You either have the effect the whole time or not at all. Generals can't have 2 weapon types so that reduces options even more. You can create magic type effects for weapons and projectiles, I already have, but I seriously doubt that the sort of thing your after, from your pic, is possible. If someone would like to prove me wrong, then I willing to take a look at the end result.

ok thanks..so where can i take a look of your work ' regarding "magic type effects for weapons and projectiles" ?

ps,,could the greek-flamethrower model be used for a general-wizard firing flames from his staff ? (having only a staff and being a missile unit..if yes , would that "obbligate" an identical-type bodyguard unit ?)
    Last edited by Noobio; April 30, 2011 at 02:25 PM.

My sig is a link to my work, as is that of most people. As for the ps. No, a general can only have 1 weapon type and that has to be a melee type.

I have found this tutorial very useful so far +REP
    You mentioned in the first post that you plan to continue the tutorial, is this still the plan? I would very much like if you did as I would defiantly be reading it and learning from it!

Thanks again for the great tutorial Bwain

Proudly Editing Borissomeone's Fan Fiction (here)

Bwian is no longer active.

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by PM
    Hello, SigniferOne
    It seems that I ecounter with issue you already face it in past years in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=268039 of Animation for biggners, I read your post and I don't know if you were fix your issue of uour bowman as I got same problim as your's, are fix it?? as mine dosn't appear as I managed the .ms3d read the 3 bones I craet as well as .in .mesh and .cas that I modified to get nice bone string in game but in game not shown correctly, the bow sling point not goes to bone_sling it gone to another position down of left foot, so incas I send you the files of .ms3d and .cas and .mesh could you help me??
    Thank you
    Regards

Hi,

Yes I fixed the issue with the bowman. The biggest obstacle was not reasing that we must use KnightErrant's model exporter to export the unit. GOM's unit exporter flattens all models to a vanilla skeleton structure, so unorthodox models exported with it will not work correctly.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

I've deleted all four files from the animations folder in main game and mod but still game will not start up. But when ever I put the files back in main game animations folder it starts up but crashes in unit selection in custom battles. What am I doing wrong here? I assume the new animations are not being rebuilt. Is there anyway to check? This is driving me insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Caudillo87 View Post
    I've deleted all four files from the animations folder in main game and mod but still game will not start up. But when ever I put the files back in main game animations folder it starts up but crashes in unit selection in custom battles. What am I doing wrong here? I assume the new animations are not being rebuilt. Is there anyway to check? This is driving me insane!
    Yes, you can check what the problem is by reading the error log. Your first step should be to get the mod using unpacked anims without adding anything new, only then should you try and make changes or add something else.

BTW you need to delete the pack files every time you make a change as they are always rebuilt, as long as there are no errors.

Hi all! Can you tell me, how i can set the bone for mount skeleton, which attach the rider unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner View Post
    Hi all! Can you tell me, how i can set the bone for mount skeleton, which attach the rider unit?
    If you mean, 'how can I alter the riders position' then it's nothing to do with animations or bones in the mount. It's a simple value change in descr_mount. If you meant something else, please could you explain more clearly and in detail.

In this topic: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=228459

Bwian says
    These animation files also con tain some useful hooks into other things, such as where riders are attached to mounts, and some of the hard coded behaviour for the mount classes.
    But i don't find how can do it.
    I can do it in rtw, but in m2tw another animation model

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast