Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: A Guide to the Ottoman Empire

Default Re: A Guide to the Ottoman Empire

Some advice regarding schools,
    in my experience, out of the starting provinces, the following regions are suitable for school/universities

Anatolia: it has so many cities un-spawned that it can support 2 schools
    Mesopotamia
    Rumelia
    Egypt

egypt requires effort to spawn the last couple of buildings,
    build a major fishing port here, and upgrade to the very last farm,
    and they all require madrassas on all other cities,
    which has the positive side effect of spawning needed priests
    Last edited by poa; July 11, 2014 at 11:02 PM.
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

I'm wondering how many, if any, are playing Ottoman on hard campaign without using the 'military access' cheat ?

I've been playing Ottoman on hard campaign lately,
    and it turns out i can't share a border with anyone two turns without ending up in war.
    To salvage this, and because i use a mod with low movement points,
    one army in Balkan is not enough to keep Austrian warmongers at bay, and i can't afford more, so:
    as a last resort, i trade my starting tech + military access to barbary for Algers,
    i build a light galley here on turn 1, and on turn 2 when Austria declare war,
    i sell off Algers + ALL the fcn balkan countries to Mughal for everything they got, which is 28.000 in my mod.
    I send that single galley to block gibraltar before GB comes and messes up my business with both Spain & Barbary,
    and it is important to sell these trouble-countries no later than turn 2, cause beside Austria wanting balkan,
    Morocco want Algers, but no country will attack Mughal

CA made very weak soldiers for Ottomans. Ottomans were using Janissary in 1700 but we cant make Janissary units till 1730.

i always destroy just in 1710

my enemies is not 1 are not 2,3,4,5
    so all players cant play with Ottomans.
    i played with prussia, austria, ottomans, maratha, gb, france, italia, spain, portugal, mughal, crimea, barbary, georgia, persia, usa, nederland, denmark etc

i cant play with ottomans vh and vh
    austria, it was very hard
    poland, i think its very easy. because their cavalry so strong. i have all balkan cities and austria.
    prussia, it was hard but not very hard. because prussian soldiers are strong
    usa, very easy
    nederland, medium
    gb, very easy
    france, hard
    italia, very hard
    georgia, easy
    crimea very hard
    barbary, if you make peace with Ur enemies, it wont be very hard
    mughal, medium
    maratha, easy

i think so

i disagree, ottoman can build bigger guns faster, every general has an eye for trajectory & was born to the sound of guns,
    and in ETW, artillery is OP.

For early infantry, nothing beats kurds units, upgrade barrack in syria and mass produce kurds,
    use them as your only infantry, they got better stats than any other early light infantry and are cheap as chips.

dont bother with jannisaries, they are overpriced, but the new nizam has better stats than any other regular infantry

i disagree
    kurdish infantry dont fight against my enemies. i dont like infantry like that. i search economic tech. firstly so when i fight kurdish units, my enemies have line infantry and the war end before dont start

so actually ottoman units are not realistic. Ottomans didnt use those unite.

ottomans and other turkic empires had 28394959382 cavalry. but we cant see good cavalry units for ottomans. maybe you can win against persia with deli, memluks and that kurdish units -but maybe-

some ETW gamers consider mameluk cavalry to be the best cavalry in game, you could spam them,
    altho if you want a more historical angle you would go for deli horse archers.
    back to kurds, i use them exclusively when i take russia, and lotsa arty,
    IIRC a kurd unit cost 90 pistoleros in upkeep, that is less than half than for a regular western line infantry

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678